S-Pen questions

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So my dad has a habit of putting his hand on the lower half of the screen when he uses the s-pen, it messes up. Any cure for the resting writer?

And how does he use the s-pen in writing text recognition mode like in email?

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
No cure, just try to hold the pen closer to the top to keep your hand off the screen.

Any text box will have a pen icon pop up in the upper left corner when hovering the pen in that location. I use Stylus Beta from the Play Store, it's an awesome Stylus input app.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
So my dad has a habit of putting his hand on the lower half of the screen when he uses the s-pen, it messes up. Any cure for the resting writer?

If he's using s-note, you can turn off finger input so the screen only recognizes the s-pen. I think Evernote also has this option.

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

For your first question that is only available as an option in certain apps, like S Note or LectureNotes, etc. In S Note for instance you click the hand icon at the bottom of the screen to prevent hand touches from writing.

The second question has two answers. The one that will work everywhere is the stock keyboard. Long press the mic icon and choose the icon with a pen. You can have the handwriting mode automatically pop up by setting this in your keyboard settings as well. The second option is direct pen input which you enable under S Pen settings. This will not work everywhere but where it does work you will see a pen icon when hovering over a text field. Press that and an input box will pop up.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
This is what the icon looks like in s-note

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Scrapbook_1414546900359.jpg
    Scrapbook_1414546900359.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 33

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Great! I think that will help him a lot. For being 80 years old he does great with this phone and is learning more fast.

So at one point the S-Pen was patented to be used as an unlock method for the unit, is that an option?

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
As a lefty, I sympathize with your dad's plight. I have to be careful not to drag my left hand across the screen while writing with the s pen .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie