Black Note 4 Owners - Metal Bezel paint chipping?

Ms. Treo

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I've heard reports that the paint chips pretty easily on the metal bezel of the black note 4. Anybody experience this yet? How bad is it?

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything, but then again I've pretty much kept my note 4 in a case protected the whole time. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
No case on mine and no chipping. The reports you are hearing are from iPhone users wanting something to be wrong with the note 4 to take everyone's thoughts off of bend gate. 😁

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No case on mine and no chipping. The reports you are hearing are from iPhone users wanting something to be wrong with the note 4 to take everyone's thoughts off of bend gate. ??????

Not exactly true.

Nothing on mine so far -- running naked.

thi

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
No case on mine and no chipping. The reports you are hearing are from iPhone users wanting something to be wrong with the note 4 to take everyone's thoughts off of bend gate. 😁

This is my 2nd android phone. What I've noticed in the android community is you guys are more obsessed with apple than their fan boys.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There are a few reports of people getting scratches. It is fully possible.

OP said paint "chipping" so I assumed this was different than the metal getting scratched. But I do see that it's possible, especially if someone chooses to work in Construction without a case. Anything is possible. I'm just saying until we start seeing that the paint is chipping and flaking off for no apparent reason, I could see it as a ordeal being blown up just for the sake of bloggers who are unwilling to just accept that Apple has a weakness on the 6+ so they have to find nonsense with EVERY device to "level the playing field." The gap thing made it sound like i'd get my Note 4 and be able to prop up my drivers' license in it, and then we find out that almost no one has any sort of gap whatsoever. It's just not surprising that we discover the gap is a complete non issue and then suddenly there's "reports" of paint chipping off even though no one on here has had that problem. If we discover that the paint doesn't chip, i'm anxious to see what other "reports" surface.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I believe you are correct. My black Note 4 has no issues and I don't use a case. In looking at the black finish on the metal frame, to me it looks more like anodizing or powder coating than "paint".

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I believe you are correct. My black Note 4 has no issues and I don't use a case. In looking at the black finish on the metal frame, to me it looks more like anodizing or powder coating than "paint".

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess I just picture the Verge sitting there with paint thinner and steel wool ferociously going at the Note 4 and then excitedly creating "reports".

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No chipping on mine. But, if I look closely, I can see a speck on the outside of the camera housing. It's probably just from laying it on a table.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jaime Cormier

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
How you would get your phone in the position of chipping is beyond me so I'm not even going to worry about it. All phones paint chips if you drop it on a painted part. But I use cases so...