I just got my Note 4 a few days ago. I'm coming from windows phone so this is a pretty big change so I don't know if these issues are normal or something isn't working right on my phone.

I have an Exchange account setup using push. Notifications are working and the unread count is display correctly on the app icon but when I click into the app there is a several second delay before new messages show up and the "last updated" time updates.

It also seams like swipe to delete inside the Mail app isn't working right. I can swipe either way and the message will say "Deleted" but then when I swipe a different message the first one sometimes shows back up. I can delete an entire screen of messages and after a few seconds they will all show back up. If I click the refresh button at the bottom all the delete message then go away (and stay deleted). It basically makes swipe to delete useless.

Email is the primary function of my phone so these issues are a little frustrating.
    10-29-2014 01:01 AM
    I've never tried using an exchange account from an android phone, to be honest, but I do know the stock mail app isn't exactly the best. There are many email clients on Google Play that might better fit working with Exchange, some paid, some free.

This one seems to be one of the better ones, although it's 10 dollars: Nine - Exchange ActiveSync
    10-29-2014 02:58 AM
    I've never tried using an exchange account from an android phone, to be honest, but I do know the stock mail app isn't exactly the best. There are many email clients on Google Play that might better fit working with Exchange, some paid, some free.

This one seems to be one of the better ones, although it's 10 dollars: Nine - Exchange ActiveSync
    I used Touchdown until I found Nine. Nine is by far the best UI IMO. Touchdown works very well, just looks like it's from 2000.

Email is a primary function for my phone as well, I believe you would be very happy with Nine. It was definitely worth the $10 for me.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    10-29-2014 04:10 AM
    Try Blue Mail. It's free and works great. I just downloaded it last night, and uninstalled all other email apps within 5 minutes.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    10-29-2014 06:42 AM
    Try Mailwise, it's awesome.
    10-29-2014 06:49 AM
    Mail.com
    10-29-2014 07:03 AM
    Nine blows everything else away - for Exchange clients.
    10-29-2014 07:26 AM
    I read elsewhere and found the same lag for me went away when I changed from sync all mail to 30 days. I haven't done any swiping on it tho.

I just got my Note 4 a few days ago. I'm coming from windows phone so this is a pretty big change so I don't know if these issues are normal or something isn't working right on my phone.

I have an Exchange account setup using push. Notifications are working and the unread count is display correctly on the app icon but when I click into the app there is a several second delay before new messages show up and the "last updated" time updates.

It also seams like swipe to delete inside the Mail app isn't working right. I can swipe either way and the message will say "Deleted" but then when I swipe a different message the first one sometimes shows back up. I can delete an entire screen of messages and after a few seconds they will all show back up. If I click the refresh button at the bottom all the delete message then go away (and stay deleted). It basically makes swipe to delete useless.

Email is the primary function of my phone so these issues are a little frustrating.
    10-29-2014 08:09 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried reducing the sync time down to 2 weeks and that helped a little but there was still a lot of noticable lag and swipe to delete was still very broken (I might try to record a video of that problem, I'm not sure how anyone uses the feature the way it is working for me)

I just installed Nine and so far it is working much better than the built in mail app. Hopefully that will solve my problem
    10-29-2014 09:23 AM
    It's beautiful. It has a dark theme. It lets me move stuff into the sent folder if I want. Love it.

Try Blue Mail. It's free and works great. I just downloaded it last night, and uninstalled all other email apps within 5 minutes.
    10-29-2014 11:51 AM