I have just downloaded Tube Mate, an app to pull videos from YouTube to my phone. How can I move the file from device storage to my SD Card? And can I make the SD Card as the default for storage? Thanks
    10-29-2014 07:34 AM
    I have just downloaded Tube Mate, an app to pull videos from YouTube to my phone. How can I move the file from device storage to my SD Card? And can I make the SD Card as the default for storage? Thanks
    All of this is from a layman.

With that said, I have my Note 4 connected to my computer desktop computer (Win 7)when connected, I can go in on my Note 4 and see the phone memory and the sd card. I can go in copy or cut the file and place it on the card. Most of the time I have movies on my computer, this is the way I put them on my Note 4. The main point is once you can locate and see the file it is an easy matter to just cut it and put it on the card.

Again, if that is confusing, remember, I told you I am a layman..

Also, I THINK when an SD card is present, the Note 4 automatically makes it default.
    10-29-2014 07:42 AM
    I think I know what you asking... KitKat kinda messed things up with SD storage.. Meaning third party apps no longer have permission to write to the SD. You have to use the native file browser on the phone or use a PC to transfer.
    10-29-2014 07:45 AM
    Open the My Files app, navigate to the file you want to move, tap the three dot menu button and select the file, once the file is selected tap the three dot menu button again and select Move, navigate to where you want to put the file within the My Files app and IIRC the final step is tap Move here.
    Setting the sd card as default is app dependent and would require the app developer to code the app for that purpose.
    Faisal Bajwa and Kpk0911 like this.
    10-29-2014 07:47 AM
    Open the My Files app, navigate to the file you want to move, tap the three dot menu button and select the file, once the file is selected tap the three dot menu button again and select Move, navigate to where you want to put the file within the My Files app and IIRC the final step is tap Move here.
    Setting the sd card as default is app dependent and would require the app developer to code the app for that purpose.
    Thanks for the quick replies folks! Unfortunately I get "move to fail" when I tried to move the video file from storage device to sd card. See the attached pic. I will try the desktop computer method, although it seems more of a step, but thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails How to move movie file from device storage to sd card?-1414588442581.jpg  
    10-29-2014 08:14 AM
    Try to create a folder with the My Files app to move the video file into and see if it will move it then.
    10-29-2014 08:18 AM
    Thanks for the quick replies folks! Unfortunately I get "move to fail" when I tried to move the video file from storage device to sd card. See the attached pic. I will try the desktop computer method, although it seems more of a step, but thanks!
    The video player, or something, may still have the file opened and locked in the background. Shut everything down, THEN try to move the file. Or even better if you aren't sure, restart the phone and try to move the file before running anything else.

I'm not familiar with TubeMate, but I suspect it can't be set to write the extSDcard.
    10-29-2014 08:59 AM
    Try to create a folder with the My Files app to move the video file into and see if it will move it then.
    I just created a new folder with the My Files app, within device storage and sd card, but no luck to move. I even tried copy to sd card, hoping to delete the original in device storage, but no luck either.

Worwig. No luck either. I will have to try the desktop or laptop way later then. Any movie download app you all can recommend besides Tube Mate?
    10-29-2014 09:14 AM
    YouTube downloader apps are not permitted to be discussed since they are illegal apps.

Thread closed.
    anon(632115) likes this.
    10-22-2016 04:12 PM