Constantly indexing

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else seen this from the IndexingService? It is sucking my battery.

I'm going to start deleting my documents to try to find which one is causing it.

5f5e8fafeceeb401214798462ae2803f.jpg

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Was your SD card formatted already when you put it in the phone or did you format it in the phone?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It was used in a Samsung S4 for many months. Not sure if it is the original format, or if I ever reformatted it in the S4.
I am 99.99% sure it is from documents on the Note 4 storage though. I'll pull the card to see if that changes it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Usually is an SD card issue. I'd unload everything off of it, format it, and put it back. Should help to fix it.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Not the card. I pulled it, restarted the phone, put it on charge for a while. When I go to battery, indexing popped back up as nmber 1 on the list.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
After I proved that it was NOT the SD card, I started deleting documents on internal storage. I have a ton of files synced to a cloud server.
I wasn't able to narrow it down to what file was causing it. I suspect it was a number of files.
I ended up renaming the folder that I sync to the cloud with a period on the front. As in ".Mobile Documents". That supposedly makes a directory 'hidden'. So far, the indexing service has not returned, and I am still able to access the files.
This may be a good fix, because it also hides some of my schematics and such documents from the Gallery, which I didn't want them to show up in the gallery anyway.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
After I proved that it was NOT the SD card, I started deleting documents on internal storage. I have a ton of files synced to a cloud server.
I wasn't able to narrow it down to what file was causing it. I suspect it was a number of files.
I ended up renaming the folder that I sync to the cloud with a period on the front. As in ".Mobile Documents". That supposedly makes a directory 'hidden'. So far, the indexing service has not returned, and I am still able to access the files.
This may be a good fix, because it also hides some of my schematics and such documents from the Gallery, which I didn't want them to show up in the gallery anyway.
Nice fix. I might have use for that.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair