Dropped Note 4!

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I had a Galaxy S4 that got damaged in a bike accident. The screen was cracked the bezel damaged but other parts of the phone worked (you could actually hear it ring). I took it to a local phone/gadget repair place. The ordered the parts (replacement screen and bezel) and simply installed it when it arrived. Perhaps you could do the same for your Note.

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I can sympathize. I dinged my new N4 a few hours after getting it.

I bought 2 spigen cases and it covers it up nicely, but now I noticed that the spigen cases scratched the crap out of the metal bezels.

What cases are you using? I heard that the spgien strong flex cases scratched the bezels....Right now I am using the spigen perfect fit (in white color, the black ones didnt fit) and it seems to be alright....I also have the spigen slim armour which seemed to work alright too.....

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have both the perfect fit and ultra capsule.

The perfect fit only scratches the side bezel, since there is no top/bottom protection. Which is pretty useless for a case.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I did the same thing the other day and my scratches are not near as bad but close. Could have been worse. Got a clear protective case to cover the sides and back at least for now until I find the right case I like with built in Qi wireless charging. Got this for $6.95 off Amazon free shipping works for now...

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Gotta disagree with "the cell phone will be dropped at some point"....

i say, "not if you're always careful when handling it"... i mean, is it a "baby's destiny that at some point it will be dropped"?! Well, yeah, i guess if ur doing 10 things at once when ur holding a baby, you might drop it" (i think that what happened to me but can't ever get my mom to fess up to it... : )

Seriously, i have had about 20 smartphones over a 5 year period, ALL without cases and have never once dropped/cracked any of them. I buy them but within about 5 minutes my phone is screaming, "get this (*&^%$#@! thing offa me!"

The tradeoff is i never multitask (except on the device itself) when i have my phone in my hand...But if u have kids, a busy job, etc, and you're not an Octopus, a case is the best way to go. And they have come a long way, lots of nice ones out there these days. Especially the crystal clear gel cases, half the time you can't even see them on there and they offer a lot of protection...

BTC

s4 mini Case.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The tradeoff is i never multitask (except on the device itself) when i have my phone in my hand...But if u have kids, a busy job, etc, and you're not an Octopus, a case is the best way to go. And they have come a long way, lots of nice ones out there these days. Especially the crystal clear gel cases, half the time you can't even see them on there and they offer a lot of protection...

BTC

I can say atleast for myself, I provide IT support at a John Deere dealership (and travel between different locations as well), so work without my phone would be a no go. I honestly use my phone so much throughout the day (and in sometimes dirtier conditions) that I almost couldnt do my job without my phone (reason I have a note 4 in the first place lol)! That is why before my incident, I only used a case at work not at home. Not anymore I guess. lol

I might get one of those clear cases, they dont seem too bad.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Call me the devil's advocate, but why be devastated?

consider it a war wound a scar if you like, just adds character and does not take from the functionality of the phone. If this happened to me, sure at first my heart would be in my throat but after I picked it up and noticed the screen and camera lense were fine I would be grateful and not worry too much about it, if it snags my clothes I would just file it down a bit. No big deal.

Could have been much worse.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Keeping with the general theme, I've always had a case for the Note 2, 3, and 4. Straight out the box, into a case. But this is the first time the Note has felt good in my hands... I can see why the thought of going naked with this phone is appealing. Feel for ya.

Posted via the Android Central App

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I love keeping my phone naked. It is very light and the phone is beautiful in itself. only thing I have on it is a Tempered glass protector. I wonder if there is a way to cover up the metal portion of it as well? Even if its that plastic stuff.

Posted via the Android Central App

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I carry my Note 4 in a Spigen Tough Armour along with Temp Glass screen protector. Then I put it a wallet type case that can almost stand a 2 story building drop..
I'm the same way... except in my case it's a Verus Thor case placed in a thick leather pouch made by Nutshell. I work in EMS, so my phone needs that kind of protection.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I really do feel for the OP, and hope his note 4 is fine. But I have to agree with everyone. Why cases are so popular and necessary.

I'm not trying to be mean but I just don't understand people who say "I love the way naked phone feels" or that "cases take away from the natural beauty of the note 4" etc

No matter how careful anyone is, dropping a phone will and probably will occur. It's the same argument for car insurance. You can be as careful a driver as possible but an accident can occur

Another option to consider is Warrenty on the note 4, but that is costly. I believe each claim is like a $100 deductible. Ouch!

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

Mine is $175, Tmobile.. However, my DOUBLE CASE system almost assures me of a new like phone at all times.. :D

EDIT: The double case.. Spigen Tough Armour and cheap wallet type case.

sass11.jpg

Last edited:

SJAprilMay

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
:( Ouch! I hate cases, but hate dented or cracked phones more so I live with the case and know that it will have decent resale value when the next BIG THING comes out. Sorry your scraped up your phone...I feel your pain!