Note 4 Android Recovery Boot

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I usually wipe my handsets after a software update or a long stretch of use, usually weeks or months depending on what the handset is running like, and I complete this wipe by powering off the handset and holding the volume up, home and power button. This will not work on the note 4. I have tried numerous times but to no avail.

Is there something I'm missing here?

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
That's the correct key combo to get into recovery to wipe the cache and has worked for me the few times I've done it on my Note 4. Try holding the volume up and home buttons first, then press/hold the power button (while still holding the other buttons) until you see it power up and boot into recovery (then release all the buttons).

Yea I've tried all the combos that I could think of. For some reason it's not booting into recovery mode. I dunno why, haven't tried the battery pull yet but I will when I go to wipe my handset again. Just wiped it via setting in the phone. But I'd like to be able to get at the cache partition if needed.

Have you heard of anyone reporting this at all?

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine boots right into recovery.

Each time, before the screen where you can select ADP, wipe, etc., appears it says "Installing system update..."

But it boots into recovery no problem. With the phone off I press and hold up, home, then sleep--in that order--until I see booting into recovery mode in the upper left-hand-corner of the screen.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_20141030_111612.jpg
    IMG_20141030_111612.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 38

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It ended up being the volume up button on my device. It was a lemon. The volume up button wasn't working. Replaced it and now I'm laughing!