We live in the sticks. We get 1-2 bars best and most times it's 1. We have a dsl line that grabs 3mb down. I just got off a chat with at&t and they said they will send me out a free microcell booster. I'm blown away. There's gotta be a trick to this. Getting something for free is not the norm for me. So if I do indeed get it free, props to at&t.
    10-30-2014 09:54 AM
    I have heard of it before. I think the idea is they would rather send you a free cell booster than badmouth the service.
    10-30-2014 10:03 AM
    I have heard of it before. I think the idea is they would rather send you a free cell booster than badmouth the service.
    This .
    10-30-2014 10:06 AM
    Interesting. I wouldn't do that. I'd try to find an alternative solution as to bad mouthing someone. Or just deal with bad reception.
    10-30-2014 10:08 AM
    That's pretty good. Those things are like $300. You're obviously limited to the max of your DSL speed, but still.
    10-30-2014 10:08 AM
    That's pretty good. Those things are like $300. You're obviously limited to the max of your DSL speed, but still.
    For Internet yes but as for calls and texts.. They use a little bandwidth.. Not much at all .
    10-30-2014 10:10 AM
    Too bad they didn't take the same process of thought before putting their grubby hands in my Note 4 box and swiping my headset. They can dish out free cell boosters like halloween candy but they can't let us receive the headsets we paid for.
    iamdld, Katrina White1 and LHT like this.
    10-30-2014 10:12 AM
    Sent me the same thing, no strings attached but i did recently switch to their tv service. It helps alot. Went from 2-3 bars max to full bars in the house now.
    10-30-2014 10:21 AM
    Too bad they didn't take the same process of thought before putting their grubby hands in my Note 4 box and swiping my headset. They can dish out free cell boosters like halloween candy but they can't let us receive the headsets we paid for.
    Oh? Was I supposed to get a free headset?
    10-30-2014 10:27 AM
    Oh? Was I supposed to get a free headset?
    Samsung shipped the Note 4 with a free headset for hands free calls and such. They're pretty cheap, but they cost about $30 retail. Verizon and AT&T decided they needed them more than we did, so they did not include them in the box even though Sprint and T Mobile did. Not a huge deal about the headset itself, but annoying that they feel the need to screw with the package instead of just leaving it as Samsung intended so the consumer gets the full streamlined experience.
    10-30-2014 10:40 AM
    Makes sense but I would never use them so no big deal I guess.
    10-30-2014 10:42 AM
    Makes sense but I would never use them so no big deal I guess.
    The problem though, is that they don't need to make that decision. If I leave it in my box forever and never touch them that's my decision. I probably wont ever use the different S pen tips either but Samsung had them in there for a reason and I don't think carriers need to get their hands all over everything. I just wish carriers would know their place and stay there.
    10-30-2014 10:46 AM
    We live in the sticks. We get 1-2 bars best and most times it's 1. We have a dsl line that grabs 3mb down. I just got off a chat with at&t and they said they will send me out a free microcell booster. I'm blown away. There's gotta be a trick to this. Getting something for free is not the norm for me. So if I do indeed get it free, props to at&t.
    T-Mobile offers the same to their customers and so may the other carriers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 10:48 AM
    I had one in my house do to it being bad there. It sucked. It dropped more calls then 1 bar did. But hey, that's just my personal experience. They have since fixed the tower in my area in Orlando and it's been 3 bars or so in my house now so not that bad.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 11:32 AM