As I understand it you can create an Action Memo or go directly to S Note to use the S Pen and save a note...which is in turn backed up with either Samsung or Evernote.

Is there a way to utilize the S Pen / S Note in the same way but have it backed up on Google somehow? I'm not really an Evernote guy. I like having my things backed up on Google. There are some really good note taking apps that back up on Google but I would like to be able to utilize the S Pen for a quick note here and there.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
    10-30-2014 12:24 PM
    You cannot automatically back up to Google. You can manually export to Google Drive.
    10-30-2014 01:29 PM
    Whats the best way to do that? Export, save as an image file or PDF...then just upload that to Drive?
    10-30-2014 01:36 PM
    Google Keep maybe? The Keep widget is very similar to the S-note widget. It's a bit redundant to have 2 very similar programs, but I think Keep would do what you are looking for.

sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk
    10-30-2014 01:37 PM
    Google Keep maybe? The Keep widget is very similar to the S-note widget. It's a bit redundant to have 2 very similar programs, but I think Keep would do what you are looking for.

sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk
    I don't think Keep lets you take handwritten notes with the S pen.

Mike
    10-30-2014 01:51 PM
    I'm looking for this as well. Mainly because I'd like to take hand written notes and set reminders. Anybody know of such an app? I'd love to set reminders with s note since you can access from the lock screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 01:53 PM
    Whats the best way to do that? Export, save as an image file or PDF...then just upload that to Drive?
    You have two choices. You can do Menu - Export and choose Google Drive in which case it will export it as an S Note file. If you want it as either PDF or image then you can use Share via instead of Export and choose Drive as the destination.
    10-30-2014 01:55 PM
    I don't think Keep lets you take handwritten notes with the S pen.
    Exactly. I want to accomplish this with the ability to use the S Pen
    10-30-2014 01:56 PM
    Any reason you're not a fan of Evernote? I know it sounds kinda convoluted, but you can use Evernote to sync, and later on you can sync from a PC between Evernote and Drive, IIRC. You can export Evernote notes as a PDF from the Note 4, and share the PDF directly to Drive from the S-Note. If you're automatically syncing to Evernote, you now have two places it is backed up to.
    10-30-2014 01:58 PM
    Does evernote allow you to take hand written notes and create reminders? If not, does anyone know how to use action memo and create a reminder from it? I'd love to hand write "call mom back" and set a reminder for tomorrow at 5PM. I'd think that would be a basic feature.
    10-30-2014 02:37 PM
    Does evernote allow you to take hand written notes and create reminders? If not, does anyone know how to use action memo and create a reminder from it? I'd love to hand write "call mom back" and set a reminder for tomorrow at 5PM. I'd think that would be a basic feature.
    Yes Evernote allows you to do that and so does action memo. In action memo you choose the link to task and then you can create a task in your calendar with a reminder set..
    mrhankey184 likes this.
    10-30-2014 02:43 PM
    Yes, you can do handwritten notes with Evernote. You use the S-Note App which then syncs with evernote. You have the option of attaching photos too, in the event you need to include a drawing, notes, or textbook pages, etc.

You can't set reminders to an S-Note that I can see, so far, but I do that with OK Google, anyway.

You can do a reminder on a Keep note, though.
    10-30-2014 02:44 PM
    Yes Evernote allows you to do that and so does action memo. In action memo you choose the link to task and then you can create a task in your calendar with a reminder set..
    When you Link to task it converts your handwritten notes into Text which most times get converted wrong. Or am I missing something?
    10-30-2014 02:45 PM
    Can you show me what I am missing to set a reminder with Evernote?
    10-30-2014 02:45 PM
    LaTuFu - I realized what jpr is talking about and it takes some work unfortunately. If you create an account with evernote you can then go into S-Note and choose to sync all of your action memos/snotes with evernote. As soon as you create that action memo it goes direclty into evernote and you can THEN go into evernote and long press on the memo and "add reminder" - long press on it again and "add time/date" - It's a lot of work - It would be easy if they had that little alarm click button on the original note pad. This will work. The whole "link" to task in action memo defeats my purpose because it tries to convert my handwritten notes into text which is defeating the purpose for me.

I hope this helps. If anyone knows of an easier way than this..let me know. I like using Action Memo since you can hold S Pen and double tap screen to open up action memo from any screen including lock screen.
    LaTuFu likes this.
    10-30-2014 03:20 PM
    Okay, that's why I was missing it. I was still trying to find a way to set the reminder from within S-Note, even after I sync'd it to Evernote. Thank you!
    mrhankey184 likes this.
    10-30-2014 03:22 PM
    Okay, that's why I was missing it. I was still trying to find a way to set the reminder from within S-Note, even after I sync'd it to Evernote. Thank you!
    Yup, also download evernote widget..I have a homescreen of both S note and Evernote for reminders view - it makes it a little easier to manager imo
    10-30-2014 03:38 PM
    Looks like the question that was asked of me was answered. I likewise have the evernote widget with reminder view.

And about the action memo link to task, yes it converts it to text. There's not a way to say post of picture of your handwriting like I think you want. The text conversion works well for me but I have pretty clear handwriting compared to a lot of people I guess. You can write directly on the calendar but that's not as convenient as an action memo if you're not already in the calendar app or your screen is locked.

Not that this helps, but back in the Note 2 apparently you could link to calendar from SNote. They took that out with the Note 3.
    Blipstein likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:32 PM
    Also, something those of you who really wanted to use Google as backup somehow, may want to look into this app and see if you feel like paying for it. It's AutoSync for Google Drive by MetaCtrl. I think the paid version is $6 - and I have not paid for it. I just downloaded the free version to check it out for you and the free one only lets you sync one folder.

So, I would suggest you experiment with the one folder in multiple ways to determine if it's worth the price to you. I personally don't have need for it so I'm going to uninstall it and you guys can try it yourself if you want. Now what you would want to do is use your file explorer to find the folder that your S Notes are saved in and designate that folder to be synced with this app. You can create an SNote folder in Google Drive and choose your files to be uploaded there. It gives a number of options about 1 or 2 way sync and whether to delete, etc.

Or you can just do the manual export for free like my original suggestion. If you have other uses for the AutoSync app, it may be worth the price to you, but if it was just for this one thing, well I guess it could still be worth it to you, but it seems a little steep to me.
    Blipstein likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:46 PM
    Also, something those of you who really wanted to use Google as backup somehow, may want to look into this app and see if you feel like paying for it. It's AutoSync for Google Drive by MetaCtrl. I think the paid version is $6 - and I have not paid for it. I just downloaded the free version to check it out for you and the free one only lets you sync one folder.

So, I would suggest you experiment with the one folder in multiple ways to determine if it's worth the price to you. I personally don't have need for it so I'm going to uninstall it and you guys can try it yourself if you want. Now what you would want to do is use your file explorer to find the folder that your S Notes are saved in and designate that folder to be synced with this app. You can create an SNote folder in Google Drive and choose your files to be uploaded there. It gives a number of options about 1 or 2 way sync and whether to delete, etc.

Or you can just do the manual export for free like my original suggestion. If you have other uses for the AutoSync app, it may be worth the price to you, but if it was just for this one thing, well I guess it could still be worth it to you, but it seems a little steep to me.
    Thanks. This is helpful. Plenty of ideas and options
    10-30-2014 04:59 PM