Samsung Galaxy Note 4 14 days is tomorrow and considering something else

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been playing with my note 4 for almost 2 weeks now and I came from note 3 (company's phone).
Other than a sharper screen and a better camera, I don't feel anything else is exciting.

I am thinking I may return it to best buy tomorrow and get a non-android phone so that I'll have both worlds. Note 3 as business phone and something else for personal (maybe an iPhone 6+).

I have until tomorrow to think about it. Not sure how the return process work at best buy if I want to swap for another phone.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: 14 days is tomorrow and considering something else

I know you said you were thinking non-android, but I'd recommend taking a look at the G3. Coming from an S4, it took me a few days to get used to the screen - the colors are more muted compared to samsung's saturated screen, but once I got used to it, I really love it. Awesome phone. Just something to consider

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I came from the G3 to the Note 4. The G3 is a fantastic device! My girlfriend has it now after ditching her IPhone 4S and she has never been happier. The LG stock UI has more customizations than Samsung. The camera Is also really great. Lightning fast focus with the lasers.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I ended up exchanged my note 4 for an iPhone 6 regular 64gb at no extra cost. Don't know why or how the BB rep did it.

Technically I paid 50 bucks for the iPhone 6 because that was how much I paid for the note 4 at Best Buy after Samsung $200 promo and BB $50 credit.

Now I am using a note 3 and iPhone 6. Both worlds :)

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I came from the G3 and though the device is fantastic in theory, I would not recommend it at all. The screen is washed out, heavy lag, the phone gets hot (big forum on the G3 area in regards to it) and the battery life is pretty lack luster. The camera is great, the keyboard is amazing, the phone charges fast, and I loved the stock launcher, but I though the G2 was a much better device with a better screen. If the Note 4 isn't exciting to you anymore, wait until you find out how non customizable and boring an iPhone will be lol. But all in all, to each one's own. Get what will make you happy.

Posted via the Android Central App

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Hey I say go with what will make you happy. If someone GAVE me an iP6 or 6+ I think that would be cool beans! Then I could really compare the devices for personal use. I would likely donate the iphone to my mom though she loves them. I just really prefer the Android customization.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Hey I say go with what will make you happy. If someone GAVE me an iP6 or 6+ I think that would be cool beans! Then I could really compare the devices for personal use. I would likely donate the iphone to my mom though she loves them. I just really prefer the Android customization.

Yeah if my company wanted to hand me an iPhone 6+ I would honestly have no qualms using it.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Maybe it is just me, but I think that the Note 4 completely SMOKES the Note 3, LG G3 and any iphone.

Not only is the battery the best around (longevity, ultra power saving and ability to swap batteries) , but so is the screen and multitasking capabilities.

Throw in the s-pen and the Note 4 IMO, gives you the biggest bang for your buck.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for sharing and wasting bandwidth. Do what pleases you and move on.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I would not trade my Note 4 for any other phone, not even a nexus 6 and this is coming from a dude who for the last 3 years have been nexus or nothing. I'm sorry but it wouod be a cold day in hell b4 i gave up my note for anything coming from apple.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I've had my N4 for two weeks now and I'm still having orgasms holding it.....

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

You lookin for excitement? Iphone aint for ya lol....

Posted via the Android Central App

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

It's just that I've been with all the note series and there is no reason to have a note 3 AND note 4 at the same time. :)

I do agreed the note 4 smokes the iPhone in any way.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I upgrade once a year on AT&T next program, very happy with my 4. Was waiting to see if the Note Edge would come sooner but couldn't wait any more. Will just get the next best thing this time next year, Note 5 maybe. Something with 4K and a curve...

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I have a note 4 and an iPhone 6+. I work for a company that does mobile app development so I test a variety of devices. Note 4 version is my daily driver, but iPhone has some nice features:

Speed - app for app, the iPhone is generally more fluid and faster. USAA app on iPhone is far quicker at depositing checks than note 4, for example.

Fingerprint - TouchID is far faster and easier to use than note 4 swipe.

Battery life - iPhone is generally better, mostly because iPhone does a better job of freezing background apps. But swapping out batteries is awesome...

As I said, I prefer the Note 4. But let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

Fingerprint - TouchID is far faster and easier to use than note 4 swipe.

I think that I got used to swiping my finger on the Note 4. I think that the fingerprint scanner is easier to use on the Note 4 than Touch ID on the iPhone 6 Plus. I find myself swiping my finger on the iPhone rather than just touching the home button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie