I just thought I'd pass on some information to the fellow Note 4 users out there! The phone is a powerhouse for multitasking but it is limited out of the box, I was disappointed to see that a lot of apps coming from the S3 still do not accept multiwindow and all of the other new features the Note 4 brings to the table. I did some research and found this app called MW-PEN app enabler that actually re-installs selected apps with some new coding or something so that it can now be treated like any other samsung app with the swipe from the corner to minimize feature and multiwindow. So far it has worked on every app i've tried flawlessly.

Personally I run netflix a lot and now being able to text without exiting the app or stopping the show is a godsend. Hell just the ability to downsize the app and put it into the little chat head is great. The issues I've found are 1. It costs like $3 to get the full functionality (its worth it, its the only app I've ever paid for) 2. It seems you cannot update the apps normally. I haven't tried it yet, and frankly I dont care since the apps I used this on dont need to update regularly, but I believe you have to uninstalling the app in question (or maybe you can update it? None of the apps I use have an update so im not sure) then re-install with the update and do the whole process with MW pen app again which means uninstalling it again and re-installing it with the new code inbedded (it does this for you).

So yeah, just thought I'd pass it on since it doesn't seem to be popular yet. The proof is in the picture showing two apps that normally cannot run in multiwindow

Side note: In multiwindow, when I have multiple apps running in one window pane (top or bottom) how do I switch between them? On the S3 theres a button that takes me to a card stack of the apps running in that pane but its not there for my note 4. Suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Multi-Tasking functionality on "all" apps without root-screenshot_2014-10-31-00-41-20.jpg  
    10-31-2014 02:47 AM
    It sounds like a scam, but it look legit. Interesting.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.enable&hl=en

Any regulars want to be the Guinea pig for the rest of us?
    10-31-2014 08:50 AM
    It sounds like a scam, but it look legit. Interesting.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.enable&hl=en

Any regulars want to be the Guinea pig for the rest of us?
    Not me haha.
    10-31-2014 09:15 AM
    There's a free version, download it and it I believe will let you do the swipe from the corner downsize, but not multiwindw you need the full version for that. Check my other posts on the forum, being new doesn't mean I can't contribute immediately. Or just Google the Fricken app and find the posts I saw about it that made me try it out.

I could also link all of my forum accounts with which I have thousands of posts if that makes you feel more comfortable haha.
    10-31-2014 01:44 PM
    Check my other posts on the forum, being new doesn't mean I can't contribute immediately.
    Oh, if this is real, you have already contributed immensely.

I did a little research, and one issue is that any app that this touches can no longer use the play store for updates. That would certainly keep me from MWing everyting for the heck of it.
    10-31-2014 01:49 PM
    Yeah I touched on that in my post. No apps I used it on have updates so I cant say for sure how it works. You can easily uninstall and reinstall the app in question with the update if you need to which usually means just signing in to get back to where you left off. For me I rarely update apps because they rarely need it and are often worse after updates. Many apps do not need updates like netflix, it's been the same for years with minor language additions and whatnot being the only changes. For the score which is my main sports app there's no need for any updates. Instagram hasn't had a major update in a while. I could go on and on, but yes it seems like it will be a bit of a hassle to update apps so I'd save updating for major updates only which are few and far between. The benefits far out weigh the cons for me personally, like I said being able to text while on Netflix alone is amazing.
    10-31-2014 04:00 PM
    I'm not sure what people think is a scam about it. It works for some apps and doesn't for others. I've posted about the app in the Note 3 forum dozens of times.

Like I've always said about it, the main drawback, is as mentioned, not being able to update apps without uninstalling and reinstalling. This also means of course that you lose all app data when you do the update process. Now for something like Netflix that wouldn't be a big deal because you just sign in with your account again. But for something that stores data on the phone, it means you either lose everything when you uninstall or you have to back it up and restore it before and after.

It will work with more apps on the Note 4 than on the Note 3. On the Note 3 there are more apps it doesn't work with than those that it does. But multiwindow and pen window on the Note 4 are done a bit differently and so allows for app on the Note 4 to work that will not on the Note 3.

Anyway, for the apps it works for, it can be useful, but only if you don't care about the update process.
    10-31-2014 04:17 PM
    Thank you for the confirmation. It is definitely not an end all be all to multitasking without root, but it's the only one I've found that works and works well. Instagram, netflix, the score, bible, pandora, fios mobile, flickr, my banking app, dropbox, specific forum apps, splashtop, and photobucket are what I used it on with no regrets or issues. With my s3 I rarely updated unless it was a big update, none of the above apps need to be updated with any regularity. Ymmv
    10-31-2014 04:38 PM