Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Alarm won't ring in silent

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So I put my phone in ultra power saving mode at night. My alarms are set to loud but have not rung for the past few days. I tried it in regular silent mode, still nothing. Only worked in sound mode, did not try in vibrate. I have not changed the sound settings at all what could it be? I checked the power saving, sound and clock settings. Nothing that sticks out. Help?

From my smokin' hot Note 4

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Alarm won't ring in silent

Have you tried setting up Block Mode instead of going silent? Silent sends all audio to 0.

Block Mode allows you to turn off select notifications. I have my block mode set up to allow incoming calls and alarms, but nothing else. Works great.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Try playing around with the settings in pic...see if anything is on off mode!

Attachments

• 1414758824888.jpg
    1414758824888.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 119

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Try playing around with the settings in pic...see if anything is on off mode!
Strangely enough in silent mode I couldn't turn any of them up! I am extremely upset. The only saving grace is the fact that I bought my daughter an old fashioned hammer alarm that wakes up both up.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Here's a screenshot that may solve your problem. Put your phone on "mute" mode with the main sound setting. Then go into the sound settings, volume, and make sure that the volume slider is up for Music, Video, Games, and Other Media, as shown. I just tried this and my alarm sound came on even though the phone was set to mute.
Screenshot_2014-10-31-06-49-08.jpg

I just saw your latest post. I am able to adjust that volume slider even when the phone is in Mute mode.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Here's a screenshot that may solve your problem. Put your phone on "mute" mode with the main sound setting. Then go into the sound settings, volume, and make sure that the volume slider is up for Music, Video, Games, and Other Media, as shown. I just tried this and my alarm sound came on even though the phone was set to mute.
View attachment 144879

I just saw your latest post. I am able to adjust that volume slider even when the phone is in Mute mode.
That is the only one I can change and yes it is already up. I will try it at mac volume but I don't hear anything. I even cleared all cache and data from the clock app.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

That is the only one I can change and yes it is already up. I will try it at mac volume but I don't hear anything. I even cleared all cache and data from the clock app.

Are you using the stock "Clock" app to set your alarm? If you have "Smart alarm" turned on, try turning it off in the settings for that particular alarm (scroll down after you click on a particular saved alarm). There is also a volume slider in the settings for each particular alarm.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Are you using the stock "Clock" app to set your alarm? If you have "Smart alarm" turned on, try turning it off in the settings for that particular alarm (scroll down after you click on a particular saved alarm). There is also a volume slider in the settings for each particular alarm.
Yes i am using stock. Smart alarm is off and volume in individual alarms is all the way up. This is why this is frustrating. I didn't change anything and all of a sudden no alarm. I thought maybe the downloaded alarm sounds were the problem but even pre loaded sounds won't ring :(

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Soooo, you have not tried Block mode?
Nope not at all never turned on. In fact I checked to make sure it was off. That's not causing the problem. Ugh I'm trying to think if I installed any apps that would affect it but I can't see any.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Nope not at all never turned on. In fact I checked to make sure it was off. That's not causing the problem. Ugh I'm trying to think if I installed any apps that would affect it but I can't see any.

That's my point. You're having trouble with this because Silent Mode is working exactly the way it should. In order to get the functionality you're looking for, you might want to try using Block Mode, or download a Profile Manager app.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

That's my point. You're having trouble with this because Silent Mode is working exactly the way it should. In order to get the functionality you're looking for, you might want to try using Block Mode, or download a Profile Manager app.
No I have put my phone on silent at night for years and never had a problem. The alarm is never silenced unless I turn the volume down. It was working fine until a few days ago. I don't want blocking mode I put it in ultra power saving mode at night never had a problem til a few days ago.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

What was the other phone you had for years? My other Galaxy devices have turned everything off in silent mode.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

What was the other phone you had for years?
Several samsung phones and this one too was ringing the alarm in silent. I uninstalled the alarmy app which I figured could be the problem. Still doesn't work.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

The only thing that stands out right away is that you say the phone is set to Ultra Power Savings Mode. Does the alarm ring if the phone isn't in UPSM but silenced?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

The only thing that stands out right away is that you say the phone is set to Ultra Power Savings Mode. Does the alarm ring if the phone isn't in UPSM but silenced?
Nope or vibrate. I've been fiddling with it all morning. It worked before in ultra power saving mode.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Hmm. I've never used the stock alarm and haven't run into this issue. I wonder if there's some other setting in a different location that also could control or mute sounds, like in Accessibility or something... I'll have to look through the settings myself at some point.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Well, my GN4 is playing the alarm sound even if the phone is in Mute mode. If I have an alarm turned on, I would definitely want it to go off, no matter what the phone's sound setting is at (though blocking mode could also work during the hours set to block calls and notifications). Reesh, you're sure the alarm is "on," right? (showing green like the 6:48 alarm in this screenshot) - sorry, I don't mean to insult you, just trying to eliminate all possibilities . . . .
Screenshot_2014-10-31-07-44-02.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7