So naturally with all new phones the carriers LOVE to bloat the hell out of it which can increase ram usage and reduce battery life. Anybody have a list of apps they disable or maybe critical ones that are useless and should be disabled immediately?
    10-31-2014 09:07 AM
    What carrier are you using?
    10-31-2014 09:15 AM
    What carrier are you using?
    ATT
    10-31-2014 09:35 AM
    You can pretty much safely disable all of the AT&T premium services apps. Uninstall the updates back to factory install, clear data/cache, and then "turn off" in the App Manager menu.

Things like:
    AT&T Family Map, AT&T Locker, AT&T Navigator, AT&T Messages, Caller Name ID, Isis Wallet, Mobile TV.
    10-31-2014 09:41 AM
    Anything with AT&T in the title, except for perhaps My AT&T, which is handy for checking your account plan, usage, bill, etc. In addition to the 4 AT&T apps mentioned above, that would include AT&T Hot Spots, AT&T Live, AT&T Mail, AT&T Mobile Locate, AT&T Ready2Go, and AT&T Smart Wi-Fi. In addition, I would also go into Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi and then select Advanced from the menu and uncheck Auto connect. That will keep your Note 4 from automatically connecting to AT&T wifi every time you're near an AT&T hotspot.
    10-31-2014 10:07 AM
    Search "bloatware" here and on XDA. There are lists and they will keep growing.

So naturally with all new phones the carriers LOVE to bloat the hell out of it which can increase ram usage and reduce battery life. Anybody have a list of apps they disable or maybe critical ones that are useless and should be disabled immediately?
    10-31-2014 10:52 AM
    Yea I turned off all the att and app stuff. The question is the obscure services like the com stuff. I remember turning off one service I thought i didn't need and phone would error out everytime I rebooted it. Something to do with s-pen.
    10-31-2014 11:44 AM
    I'm on At&t, here's my list of disabled apps -
    Att Family Map, Att Live, Att Locker, Att Mail, Att Mobile Locate, Att Navigator, Ready 2 Go, Caller Name ID, Att Drive Mode, Famigo, W Games, Keeper, Milk, Att Mobile TV, Uber
    10-31-2014 11:47 AM