In case anyone was wondering how taking pictures of moving cars looks like. Speed was around 30-40mph. I used burst mode at 16mp

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - pictures taken of cars in motion-uploadfromtaptalk1414770011129.jpg   Note 4 - pictures taken of cars in motion-uploadfromtaptalk1414770021901.jpg   Note 4 - pictures taken of cars in motion-uploadfromtaptalk1414770033683.jpg   Note 4 - pictures taken of cars in motion-uploadfromtaptalk1414770051334.jpg  
    Bobbman and UniQue WerkX like this.
    10-31-2014 11:41 AM
    that might not work at the race track.
    mariusfilip likes this.
    10-31-2014 11:57 AM
    The Note 4 doesn't have a perfect camera unfortunately hehe The darn Samsung slow shutter is still there, although OIS helps a lot. With moving subjects though, you need to either use burst mode (like you did) or Sports Mode and have a VERY WELL LIT subject to really catch it in action without blurring it out.

For REALLY fast moving cars I'd suggest just taking video in smooth motion and taking the pictures there.
    10-31-2014 12:09 PM
    that might not work at the race track.
    Very true. To me, the phone camera is more for taking spur of the moment shots or convenience shots. If I am planning to take shots of race day, I would get a dslr.

1812dave likes this.
    10-31-2014 12:27 PM
    The Note 4 doesn't have a perfect camera unfortunately hehe The darn Samsung slow shutter is still there, although OIS helps a lot. With moving subjects though, you need to either use burst mode (like you did) or Sports Mode and have a VERY WELL LIT subject to really catch it in action without blurring it out.

For REALLY fast moving cars I'd suggest just taking video in smooth motion and taking the pictures there.
    Certainly it is limited and the detail isn't as good as the iPhone 6 plus. Though even the iPhone 6 plus will blur in low light car motion pictures. Those shots are extremely hard for current phone cameras or even basic point and shoot cameras.

10-31-2014 12:29 PM

I disagree I don't think the shutter is as slow as you think compared to any other smartphone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2014 12:50 PM
    Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the phone and I have taken some pretty good shots with it. But to this day, my experiences with the S4 and the Note 3 have been the same: Slow Shutter. It is improved in the Note 4, but it's not gone.

The iPhone camera, however, doesn't have this issue (I currently have an iPhone 5s for work, but I've seen the reports from actual camera data from iPhone 6/6+ and the shutter speed IS fast without the need for burst mode). Sure, at the race track most phones will get blurr, but if you're taking pictures of running kids or moving puppies (which was my case), you're more likely to get a blurry shot out of the Note 4 than with a newer iPhone.
    10-31-2014 12:56 PM
    Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the phone and I have taken some pretty good shots with it. But to this day, my experiences with the S4 and the Note 3 have been the same: Slow Shutter. It is improved in the Note 4, but it's not gone.

The iPhone camera, however, doesn't have this issue (I currently have an iPhone 5s for work, but I've seen the reports from actual camera data from iPhone 6/6+ and the shutter speed IS fast without the need for burst mode). Sure, at the race track most phones will get blurr, but if you're taking pictures of running kids or moving puppies (which was my case), you're more likely to get a blurry shot out of the Note 4 than with a newer iPhone.
    Yeah most definitely the iPhone 6 plus is less likely to blur.

10-31-2014 01:15 PM

I had my Nikon with me at a little league game and my wife had her phone. Her pictures were next to worthless (I'm being charitable), and mine were spectacular, using a 70-300 zoom. If only that kind of quality came in a smaller, lighter package. For everyday pics, I may use my phone (ugh), but I know before I take the picture, they won't be anything to write home about. Better than nothing, but not very good, IMO.

Cameras on phones are convenience without quality. MP3 files vs CD's; same issue.
    10-31-2014 01:26 PM