So I got my note 4 yesterday and am loving it thus far. However, I cannot figure out how to change the setting of whenever I receive a message and my phone is locked, my whole screen lights up? Rather than having the whole screen light up I would prefer just to have my notification light lighting up.. anyone have any answers to this? Thanks
    10-31-2014 12:04 PM
    I don't think you can help it unless you use a 3rd party app as on my note 3 I tried looking for the same thing...I have the note 4 now and can't find it either

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2014 12:12 PM
    Ahhh it's pretty annoying:/ but thanks man.. maybe when android L arrives on it they'll add an option
    10-31-2014 12:14 PM
    Yeah, unfortunately the Messages App only gives you the option of notifications on/off. You can elect to see a preview of the message or leave it anonymous is about the only change you make if you elect to notify.

The Messages App is due to be upgraded soon with the Lollipop update, and notifications also get a pretty nice pop, too, according to the articles I've read.
    TheDarkKnight0818 likes this.
    10-31-2014 12:22 PM
    So I got my note 4 yesterday and am loving it thus far. However, I cannot figure out how to change the setting of whenever I receive a message and my phone is locked, my whole screen lights up? Rather than having the whole screen light up I would prefer just to have my notification light lighting up.. anyone have any answers to this? Thanks
    I don't know if this will help, but if you go into "Messages", there are 3 dots in a vertical fashion in the top-right corner. The 5th option down is "settings" and in the settings, the 9th option down is "notifications" . You can try messing with the settings and figure out what works best for you. I turned all the notifications off and don't seem to have the issue.
    10-31-2014 12:25 PM
    I don't know if this will help, but if you go into "Messages", there are 3 dots in a vertical fashion in the top-right corner. The 5th option down is "settings" and in the settings, the 9th option down is "notifications" . You can try messing with the settings and figure out what works best for you. I turned all the notifications off and don't seem to have the issue.
    Yeah I did that, I just turned off message preview on the status bar and lock screen.. that's about it haha
    10-31-2014 12:39 PM