11-02-2014 06:45 PM
37 12
tools
    Hi Baby_Doc!

i have to say that the Note 4 is everything the Note 3 is to the 10th power, just as Note 3 was light years ahead of Note 2, Sammy did NOT disappoint. And i agree with the poster who said, "why miss out on 3-4 months of a much better user experience" only to "succomb to it later"? Doesn't make much sense to me, UNLESS it is the cost that is holding you back...(u didn't mention if that is a factor, which if it is, then waiting is more understandable)

Note 3 is a GREAT device, but i can guarantee you this one thing... "it will NEVER make you smile everytime you hold it or glance at it from the sides the way the NOTE 4 will... Or everytime you look at your pictures on that beautiful screen, or the crispness of the text, or the fluidity of the performance....That's right, i said "everytime" (you may quote me...lol) BTC
    GregMargie likes this.
    11-01-2014 10:07 PM
    You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I think you're blowing a lot of these reports out of proportion.

There are just as many people, if not more, reporting in these forums and other Android forums that their Note 4s are working great.

Considering that the number of people that have no problems/satisfied with their purchase tend to out number the ones that encounter issues and flock to the forums to let everyone know, I would take that into consideration.

I'm not hearing any more or less "white noise" about the Note 4 than any other new phone release in the last 5-6 years.
    You realize the # of people reporting issues is a minority right? People don't go out and post how awesome their phone is 99% of the times, which is why on forums it seems every phone has a ton of issues because there are always 10+ threads with issues to every 1 that has no issues and loves their device.
    11-02-2014 12:30 AM
    You realize the # of people reporting issues is a minority right? People don't go out and post how awesome their phone is 99% of the times, which is why on forums it seems every phone has a ton of issues because there are always 10+ threads with issues to every 1 that has no issues and loves their device.
    You realize that you are saying pretty much the same thing I am saying, right?
    TheDarkKnight0818 likes this.
    11-02-2014 05:21 AM
    You realize that you are saying pretty much the same thing I am saying, right?
    Whoops, quoted the wrong person, meant to quote the OP
    LaTuFu likes this.
    11-02-2014 08:59 AM
    But there are issues with the N4 which need to be fixed. For example, you can't mirror with Chromecast. So should I get rid of my N3 now that works with Chromecast, or at least wait until the software gets upgraded. Some people complain their folders don't work right with the N4, or other software isn't working right with the new higher definition display. So what's the rush to buy the N4 and not be able to use capabilities not yet ready for it.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-02-2014 10:51 AM
    Whoops, quoted the wrong person, meant to quote the OP
    No worries
    11-02-2014 11:06 AM
    I really want to buy a Note 4, but will wait until most of the reported hardware inconsistencies and software bugs get worked out. While many people are thrilled with their new device, I would hate to play a cap shoot game and lose by getting a phone with a faulty display, a camera that won't focus right, a speaker that is tinny and distorted sounding, a bluetooth that won't stay linked to my cars sound system, scrolling that lags and numerous other issues that are being reported in this forum. While I know none of these are consistent with every N4, I am hoping that future production improvements and software upgrades will give me a better chance of having a great upgrade experience. I know there are complaints with any new phone, and any phone found defective could be returned. I just don't want to be disappointed and to have to go through all that bother..
    I will wait until after the first of the upcoming year to get my new phone. Right now, my Note 3 should be good enough.

I would imagine that I am in the minority here who have this thinking, but am I alone?

Cool, in the meantime, a zillion others and I will be enjoying our Note 4(s) and the only thing we will wait for is the Note 5!!
    05GT likes this.
    11-02-2014 11:13 AM
    Cool, in the meantime, a zillion others and I will be enjoying our Note 4(s) and the only thing we will wait for is the Note 5!!
    A zillion others? So the N4 has already outsold all other phones combined? I guess it won't matter, then, to Samsung if they wait a little longer for my purchase. I am glad you are enjoying your phone, but I need chromecast to work, folders to work, and a screen protector to put on my phone that actually fits the entire curved screen. The sooner all this is fixed or ready, the sooner I can enjoy my N4.

11-02-2014 11:44 AM
    A zillion others? So the N4 has already outsold all other phones combined? I guess it won't matter, then, to Samsung if they wait a little longer for my purchase. I am glad you are enjoying your phone, but I need chromecast to work, folders to work, and a screen protector to put on my phone that actually fits the entire curved screen. The sooner all this is fixed or ready, the sooner I can enjoy my N4.

If your not ready, your not ready. Not all phones will be perfect for everyone. In fact I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect phone, you get what works best for your needs.
    11-02-2014 12:31 PM
    How is this thread still going? haha
    11-02-2014 01:00 PM
    How is this thread still going? haha
    Why, then, are you still reading it? I would guess because you find it amusing (ha, ha)?

If you are finding it amusing that I am waiting to buy a 4, that's OK. I recognize from the comments here that I am NOT in the majority of people on this forum who have already jumped on the N4 band wagon and are loving their new phone.

However, I am still secure enough to wait with the majority of people outside of this forum who haven't bought one yet. Some, like me, are waiting for the early bugs to get ironed out. More, however, are waiting because their contract renewals are forthcoming and they can't, without renewal discounts,afford to upgrade. Either way, we will eventually get a chance to enjoy one of these phones.

Finally, I am too old, at age 71, that I don't have to be the first "kid " on my block to have this great device.

11-02-2014 03:00 PM
    Keep in mind this is a forum and it's where people bring all their problems. So if you base your decision on a phone purchase from a forum then you will never buy a phone. I'm pretty sure most N4s are fine. I haven't had any issues so far...this phone is great.
    11-02-2014 06:45 PM
37 12