11-02-2014 05:45 PM
37 12
tools
    I really want to buy a Note 4, but will wait until most of the reported hardware inconsistencies and software bugs get worked out. While many people are thrilled with their new device, I would hate to play a cap shoot game and lose by getting a phone with a faulty display, a camera that won't focus right, a speaker that is tinny and distorted sounding, a bluetooth that won't stay linked to my cars sound system, scrolling that lags and numerous other issues that are being reported in this forum. While I know none of these are consistent with every N4, I am hoping that future production improvements and software upgrades will give me a better chance of having a great upgrade experience. I know there are complaints with any new phone, and any phone found defective could be returned. I just don't want to be disappointed and to have to go through all that bother..
    I will wait until after the first of the upcoming year to get my new phone. Right now, my Note 3 should be good enough.

I would imagine that I am in the minority here who have this thinking, but am I alone?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-31-2014 11:08 AM
    I'm my opinion that's a bad decision on your part. I have none of the issues you mention but if I did, I'd simply exchange it.

Wait and loose a few months of using an awesome device because you are worried about something that may not happen?

I say go for it now and enjoy the heck out it!
    10-31-2014 11:13 AM
    You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I think you're blowing a lot of these reports out of proportion.

There are just as many people, if not more, reporting in these forums and other Android forums that their Note 4s are working great.

Considering that the number of people that have no problems/satisfied with their purchase tend to out number the ones that encounter issues and flock to the forums to let everyone know, I would take that into consideration.

I'm not hearing any more or less "white noise" about the Note 4 than any other new phone release in the last 5-6 years.
    skippyg likes this.
    10-31-2014 11:14 AM
    No problems here!!!

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk
    LaTuFu likes this.
    10-31-2014 11:34 AM
    I don't have the issues you described.
    LaTuFu likes this.
    10-31-2014 11:35 AM
    I really want to buy a Note 4, but will wait until most of the reported hardware inconsistencies and software bugs get worked out. While many people are thrilled with their new device, I would hate to play a cap shoot game and lose by getting a phone with a faulty display, a camera that won't focus right, a speaker that is tinny and distorted sounding, a bluetooth that won't stay linked to my cars sound system, scrolling that lags and numerous other issues that are being reported in this forum. While I know none of these are consistent with every N4, I am hoping that future production improvements and software upgrades will give me a better chance of having a great upgrade experience. I know there are complaints with any new phone, and any phone found defective could be returned. I just don't want to be disappointed and to have to go through all that bother..
    I will wait until after the first of the upcoming year to get my new phone. Right now, my Note 3 should be good enough.

I would imagine that I am in the minority here who have this thinking, but am I alone?

By the time that happens, they will start announcing the Note 5. I have done that for the past two years. LOL IME, I have not experienced ANY issues on my Verizon Note 4... in fact, it's rated extremely high on all the networks. The only issue that I encountered was scratching up the charging port, because I wasn't careful.
    10-31-2014 12:21 PM
    I have had several note 4's and currently just got my white one. No issues on any of them and they all perform the same...excellent.
    10-31-2014 12:40 PM
    I think you are being hasty getting it in January.

Instead, I think you should wait until next October. By that time, I will have been using my Note 4 for a year, and we can be fairly confident that it has no issues. At that time, I will sell it to you for a premium (since we know its a good one). I will take the money you give me (well, part of it anyhow) and get an unproven Note 5, which I will be happy to sell to you in 2016.
    10-31-2014 02:34 PM
    OP, I don't blame you to an extent. I personally do the same with some electronics like new generation entertainment consoles. It seems like PlayStation and XBox always come out with cheaper, thinner, more storage consoles after the first idiots dive in and get the units with the red rings of death and such.

However with phones, tech moves too darn fast to sit on a great device because a select few have had an issue. You wait 3-4 months and that phone is already halfway to being obsolete. Get it now is my advice, and take advantage of the warranty IF you are to have any problems. The Note 4 is awesome. I've had a bit of lag here and there, but no other problems whatsoever. You should get it, and love it.
    10-31-2014 02:45 PM
    OP, I don't blame you to an extent. I personally do the same with some electronics like new generation entertainment consoles. It seems like PlayStation and XBox always come out with cheaper, thinner, more storage consoles after the first idiots dive in and get the units with the red rings of death and such.

However with phones, tech moves too darn fast to sit on a great device because a select few have had an issue. You wait 3-4 months and that phone is already halfway to being obsolete. Get it now is my advice, and take advantage of the warranty IF you are to have any problems. The Note 4 is awesome. I've had a bit of lag here and there, but no other on the problems whatsoever. You should get it, and love it.
    I don't see how waiting 3 or 4 months is half way to obsolescence ( a quarter of the way, maybe .

Actually, I bought my Note 3 last January, when most of the early bugs of that phone were worked out with 3 software updates put onto my then new phone. I still am enjoying this phone.

The upgrade to the N4 is not one I can't wait to enjoy, since the improvements don't seem to be revolutionary, but rather, evolutionary. My main complaint with the N3 is the camera low light performance, which, according to most reviews hasn't been completely answered by the Note 4 optical image stabilization. Maybe software changes can help. We'll see.

10-31-2014 04:15 PM
    I don't see how waiting 3 or 4 months is half way to obsolescence ( a quarter of the way, maybe .

Actually, I bought my Note 3 last January, when most of the early bugs of that phone were worked out with 3 software updates put onto my then new phone. I still am enjoying this phone.

The upgrade to the N4 is not one I can't wait to enjoy, since the improvements don't seem to be revolutionary, but rather, evolutionary. My main complaint with the N3 is the camera low light performance, which, according to most reviews hasn't been completely answered by the Note 4 optical image stabilization. Maybe software changes can help. We'll see.

Coming from the Note 3 I can understand where you're coming from. But in 3-4 months this thing will be on the market for almost 5 months (it's already been out for 2 weeks). 5 months is when you're hearing all the new features being rumored and some leaks appearing. That to me is the sign of obsolescense especially when other flagships are coming out with features that ours wont have, but will almost certainly be in the Note 5. More power to you if you can/want to wait that long.
    10-31-2014 05:04 PM
    What ???? Several with no problems?? Why several?

Cheers, Jon
    I have had several note 4's and currently just got my white one. No issues on any of them and they all perform the same...excellent.
    10-31-2014 05:34 PM
    No issues for me. This is by far the best phone I have ever owned, including iPhone 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2014 06:47 PM
    I know that the # of threads taking about issue X, issue Y, or issue Z might seen to be the majority but that's the main thing people post about.

There are a few threads about how great the phone is but I think the reason they are out numbered is that people are just happy to use their Note 4.

I'd say that 98% to 99% of the Note 4's are just fine. It's the squeaky one that, well, squeaks the most.

So, to balance things out, absolutely no problems here with my Note 4. It's awesome!
    10-31-2014 08:00 PM
    Duplicate post, ignore.
    10-31-2014 08:01 PM
    My only complaint is where the speaker is located but not a deal breaker, excellent phone.
    10-31-2014 09:17 PM
    Your loss...
    10-31-2014 10:23 PM
    To be honest I have yet to experience any problems that I can tell YET it is a great performer I do think i would have been fine with the g3 or would have loved to get the x max or what ever it will be called but no problems to report the screen is awesome camera is sick etc. It's a great device

10-31-2014 11:00 PM
    I have none of these problems and I got mine on launch day. With new devices coming out all the time why wait?
    10-31-2014 11:57 PM
    My only complaint is where the speaker is located but not a deal breaker, excellent phone.
    I've found the speaker to be in the best place when holding the phone on your right hand. It's perfectly placed so that the sound reflects off your hand back to you. With my previous phone (Galaxy S3) the speaker was at the top of the phone and I found myself needing to hold it with two hands, one at the top to reflect the speaker sound back at me in loud environments.

But, I don't like where it is (on the Note 4) when the phone is lying flat on its back. It blocks/limits the sound volume and I find myself being to turn the volume up higher to compensate.

So, I guess I agree with you half way. ☺
    11-01-2014 07:31 AM
    I've found the speaker to be in the best place when holding the phone on your right hand. It's perfectly placed so that the sound reflects off your hand back to you. With my previous phone (Galaxy S3) the speaker was at the top of the phone and I found myself needing to hold it with two hands, one at the top to reflect the speaker sound back at me in loud environments.

But, I don't like where it is (on the Note 4) when the phone is lying flat on its back. It blocks/limits the sound volume and I find myself being to turn the volume up higher to compensate.

So, I guess I agree with you half way. ☺
    I agree if your holding it in right hand you aren't covering the speaker up and works good as you point out. For us it's a good thing we use our right hands to hold the phone, not so good for the left handers.

Like I said not a deal breaker, just preferred how they did speaker on note 3 on the bottom of phone, never had any issues with it there. Hopefully samsung sees this and puts the speaker back on the bottom for the note 5.
    11-01-2014 07:59 AM
    Now we're getting way OT, but the placement of the speaker does allow you to make a decent speaker with a paper towel tube and two solo cups.

I won't be getting rid of my BT speaker any time soon, but this works in a pinch and doesn't sound horrible.
    11-01-2014 08:05 AM
    Lol where did that laundry list of problems come from?

11-01-2014 08:10 AM
    Had mine for about 12 days now and I haven't notice any major issues.
    11-01-2014 08:16 AM
    Buy one from anyone other that at&t

Why is that?
    11-01-2014 08:23 AM
37 12