Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Google Wallet Being Blocked

5uck3rpunch

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey Folks,

I cannot find a resolution online anywhere for this issue. I have a brand new Sprint Note 4. When I open Google Wallet & try to add a credit card I get an error that pops up on the New Card screen: "Looks like another app is blocking access to Wallet. Turn off any apps that might be drawing over the screen and try again". I have disabled any apps that I thought might affect it.
I have seen this error in some old forums for non-Note devices that are on different carriers but no answer for them either. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Wallet Being Blocked

Welcome to Android Central! Does your phone have Softcard (formerly known as Isis)? There have been issue with carriers allowing Isis to block Google Wallet, although I thought that was just for NFC transactions. If you have Softcard/Isis preinstalled, see if you can disable it in the App Manager.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Can you add the credit card on the Google Wallet website? Then see if you can use the Wallet app.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried clearing the cache for the wallet app or uninstalling and reinstalling.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I have had no problem installing Google Wallet or Paypal on my Verizon Note 4, but since most large chain retailers have now disabled their NFC payment functions on their card readers it doesn't mean much to have Wallet or Paypal NFC options.

jjbarfly

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

I am having the exact same problem, only it's happening on a Nexus 5 that I bought directly from the Play store. I am on Sprint, and that's a whole 'nother ball of crazy, because Sprint does NOT play well with phones sold by others. Point being, I don't have all the Sprint crap installed, so I can't see how this is their fault, although I would love to blame them.

This is driving me crazy, and in answer to the guy who suggested you add your new card online, it doesn't help, because Wallet still asks you to select your payment option when you are trying to pay for the transaction. One really interesting thing is, I can totally navigate and adjust whatever I want in the Wallet popup when I'm in the Play store, so what's up with that??

If you get any helpful feedback, or find a solution elsewhere, please please please let me know.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I am having the exact same problem, only it's happening on a Nexus 5 that I bought directly from the Play store. I am on Sprint, and that's a whole 'nother ball of crazy, because Sprint does NOT play well with phones sold by others. Point being, I don't have all the Sprint crap installed, so I can't see how this is their fault, although I would love to blame them.

This is driving me crazy, and in answer to the guy who suggested you add your new card online, it doesn't help, because Wallet still asks you to select your payment option when you are trying to pay for the transaction. One really interesting thing is, I can totally navigate and adjust whatever I want in the Wallet popup when I'm in the Play store, so what's up with that??

If you get any helpful feedback, or find a solution elsewhere, please please please let me know.

I believe Google wallet only works for android 4.4 and up so if your nexus 5 isn't on kit kat, then that's probably why.

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm on 4.4.4 on my Note 4 (no pun intended). I have a feeling that Sprint blocks it.

What would Sprint block it in favor of? They don't support softcard/Isis and from what i remember they were the only carrier to officially support google wallet.

Posted via the Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

For the record I have a sprint note 4 and Google wallet is working perfectly with no problems

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!

jjbarfly

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

I may have found the problem, on my phone, anyway. I was running Twilight, but by pausing it, that seems to fix things. If you're not running Twilight, check any running apps that have "draw over other apps" in permissions. There's probably a simple way to do this, but I basically went through the list running apps (starting with my best guesses), checking permissions and stopping each one to see if it fixed the problem. I got lucky on the third try, so it wasn't too bad. Hope this helps you.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

I believe Google wallet only works for android 4.4 and up so if your nexus 5 isn't on kit kat, then that's probably why.
Google Wallet has worked since the Gingerbread/Froyo days in 2011 and the Nexus 5 shipped with 4.4 in November 2013 so that's definitely not the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463