12-03-2014 06:27 PM
61 123
tools
    I learned them when on of our mods (dpham) posted the filings for the Note 4 as they went through their normal approval process (they show the internals on a diagram) -- So I figured it out then .
    It doesn't show the exact location in the public fcc filing, but does show approximate location. The easy way to check is to use an app like signal check to see signal strength, and put your hands over the top and bottom. You will see a signal drop. 6 just tried it and my signal went from 97 to 105.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails Mediocre Wi-Fi performance-uploadfromtaptalk1415036370798.jpg  
    Almeuit likes this.
    11-03-2014 11:42 AM
    Err...that's pretty bad news, isn't it? What does that mean for cases? Surely, cases cover the top of the phone.
    Plastic cases shouldn't affect signal strength. A solid metal case would though. On the note 3, Samsung had the antenna on the back, behind plastic anyway.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-03-2014 11:44 AM
    Seems ok for me.

Mediocre Wi-Fi performance-screenshot_2014-11-03-10-45-39.jpg
    11-03-2014 11:53 AM
    My N4 is crazy fast on Wi-Fi. Faster than our N2 and N3. Strange.
    11-03-2014 12:44 PM
    Ok i got the n4 verizon and am having the exact problem except im on a home wifi through comcast so no competing with other people and when im right beside the router i get amazing speeds but when i go 15 -20 feet away i go to under 4mbps and on my galaxy s2 yea a s2 i get 8mbps or better in the same spot, i have read alot i mean alot and have tried all the settings on the phone had my router set for optimum speeds but still yet my old s2 beats my EXPENSIVE n4 15 feet away from my router! Why is that? Faulty phone? Should i return it?
    12-02-2014 02:52 PM
    Also my n4 shows full bars on wifi at that range and link speed is showing 130mbps but my galaxy s2 is crushing it on wifi now when i switch to 4g lte everything is fine, im on my fifth day of my 14 day return window i think im going to get another one tomorrow and hope it is better im a big samsung fan but this is quite disappointing especially for the price tag. I hope its just this unit
    12-02-2014 03:16 PM
    This is what I get on my WiFi.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
    12-02-2014 03:24 PM
    I get close to those speeds when im right next to my router
    12-02-2014 03:30 PM
    Before Returning your Note4 Try Some of these Methods: I hope it works for you.

If you are having a WiFi stability problem, then disabling WiFi Direct Share and WiFi Direct apps can solve the problem. To disable them, go to Settings, then Application Manager on the All tab.
    Turn off your router and your Galaxy note 4 for few minutes, and then turn them on again.
    Open Settings on Galaxy note 4, navigate to WiFi, and then long press on the connection. Tell your device to forget the connection and set the connection again from scratch.
    Crowded channels could be the reason for a WiFi connection problem on Samsung Galaxy Note 4. To check and see if this is the cause of your problem, install the free app WiFi Analyzer and see if crowded channels is the problem. If so, then change the router channel.
    Make sure that the firmware of your router is up-to-date, and also check settings like MAC filtering.
    Disable all devices that are connected to the modem, then enable your Galaxy Note 4 first. Most of the time there are connection authentication issues with devices that are connected on the same network, such as IP conflict.
    12-02-2014 03:32 PM
    yes I have tried all those ideas and have again for good measure, there is a bit of information that I left out. That is when I do restart my phone the speed at that range are blazing at first but slowly decrease to nothing. I just cant figure it out seems like ive tried everything twice, i mean im no expert but im not to bad with phones. I just hope the new one dont have this problem, i really want this phone!
    12-02-2014 11:39 PM
    okay well I got some information Samsung is having wifi problems with a lot of their note 4s this is a known issue, they are supposed to release a upgrade to fix it in January but that date could change. they say to toggle it back and forth from airplane mode and turning the phone on and off should fix it but it didn't on mine and they said if it didn't the upgrade will
    12-03-2014 06:27 PM
61 123