I am sure you guys have had a few of these posts, I've searched google, and I've tried there suggestions, but android system is still at the top of my battery monitor in android. Same goes for gsam battery monitor.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2014 06:58 AM
    I am sure you guys have had a few of these posts, I've searched google, and I've tried there suggestions, but android system is still at the top of my battery monitor in android. Same goes for gsam battery monitor.

Try removing your Google account and stop all syncing of Google services. Reboot phone. Then re-sign in to Google and enable service as needed. This should help.
    ADORE1069 likes this.
    11-01-2014 07:35 AM
    Ok I will try, thanks.

11-01-2014 08:07 AM
    Usually that is a result of enabling something to check/stay active more or less constantly.

Did you enable Google Now? Did you allow it to listen for "OK Google" even when the screen is off? That's a pretty solid battery killer by itself.
    11-01-2014 08:08 AM
    Try removing your Google account and stop all syncing of Google services. Reboot phone. Then re-sign in to Google and enable service as needed. This should help.
    Since I did what you said, it seems that android system is calming down. Not sure what it was.
    Usually that is a result of enabling something to check/stay active more or less constantly.

Did you enable Google Now? Did you allow it to listen for "OK Google" even when the screen is off? That's a pretty solid battery killer by itself.
    I haven't enabled anything, I actually disabled location reporting, ok google (I DONT even use google now), I even disabled svoice, Flipboard, weather, the s health pedometer, auto sync of all drive photos whether WiFi or data enabled. So far, so good though. I also switched to art again. That was another idea I had earlier to help with battery life.

11-01-2014 10:10 AM
    Since I did what you said, it seems that android system is calming down. Not sure what it was.

I haven't enabled anything, I actually disabled location reporting, ok google (I DONT even use google now), I even disabled svoice, Flipboard, weather, the s health pedometer, auto sync of all drive photos whether WiFi or data enabled. So far, so good though. I also switched to art again. That was another idea I had earlier to help with battery life.

ART is still beta for our devices. I have Sprint and when I switched to ART, I lost a couple of features. One was when I was on the AC app (go figure) and I received a call, my phone never rang. It just told me that I had a missed call. I had my wife call me and yup, no call would go through. As soon as I switched back to Dalvik, that feature returned.
    11-01-2014 05:27 PM

No, it's not.
    11-01-2014 09:19 PM
    No, it's not.
    Yes, it is, if you have it set to listen for Ok Google at all times.
    11-01-2014 09:50 PM
    Yes, it is, if you have it set to listen for Ok Google at all times.
    I use it all the time, and when I tried disabling it for about a month on my Nexus 5, I gained almost nothing. Could've been a fluke but I'm inclined to believe Google has made it much more efficient.
    iOSConvert2k14 likes this.
    11-01-2014 09:59 PM
    It may be a ymmv may vary situation.

Running from stock tw and Nova prime on my S4, Google now always on would cut battery life in half.

Leaving it to the Google search screen did not have the same battery problems.
    11-02-2014 04:25 AM

Running from stock tw and Nova prime on my S4, Google now always on would cut battery life in half.

Most likely due to the difference in the 600 processor in the S4 versus the 805 in the N4. The 800 series processors have a low power feature for always listening functions.
    11-02-2014 07:27 AM

actually ok Google shouldn't affect your battery life at all
    11-02-2014 07:31 AM
    actually ok Google shouldn't affect your battery life at all
    By itself, no.

Turn on the option to listen for Ok Google at all times and it will affect it.
    11-02-2014 10:07 AM
    By itself, no.

Turn on the option to listen for Ok Google at all times and it will affect it.
    I have it on always and it has no affect on my battery life.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    11-02-2014 10:08 AM

Were are talking about the Note 4 here. Not a S4. It has made zero difference in my battery life.
    11-02-2014 10:12 AM
    Funny you guys should mention that. I actually looked at that question a long time and did not want even want to answer it. Thought I eventually answered yes...allow it to look at all times but when I just looked at my location services, I don't have anything Google turned on at all.

My Verizon location service is on but battery usage deemed low for it at least by the device. I do notice that there is battery drain....noticeable battery drain must sitting there over a one of my sleep sessions ( using a term like overnight...has no meaning for me). Something is going on back there, I hate that the turn on or activate activities occur at the oddest times....always when you are trying to do something else and.....there it is....a dialog box that you did not ask for starring you right in the face and demanding an answer to continue on to what you do want to do.

I would like to have a piece of the paycheck from the guy that designed that phenomenon into these things....would also like to kick him square in the n*ts.....assuming he has any.
    11-02-2014 10:34 AM
    Just looked at my own thread, having the same problem still. Almost want to do a factory reset....I did however power on my old s4 and root it, and removed the bloatware. I will be leaving both devices on overnight to see which is using most battery. Thanks for the options guys, I'll keep you posted.

Edit:

I do not have google now enabled. I've checked all my settings, disabled as much bloat when I don't need it.
    11-07-2014 10:05 PM
    6% of battery loss in 8 hours of sleep on my note 4. And 3% on the same timeline for my s4. Seems to me that I'm getting the most out of both.
    11-08-2014 06:11 AM