Has the Note replaced a tablet?

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
1st of all I have never really been into the Phablet craze and generally stick with smaller sized screens. I currently have an iPhone 6 that has a 4.7" screen and a Nokia 930 that has a 5" screen.

I did briefly have the original Note but found it to large for me and sold it after about a month.

I have been considering a tablet with LTE and was looking at the Google and Apple offerings. Then I stumbled across a Note 4 thread on an Apple forum and it got me to thinking about it as an option.

I do currently have a non LTE iPad Air from last year. I picked up a Note 4 a few days ago (3 days ago to be exact) and so far I am absolutely loving it!

I have not touched the Air since I got the Note and so far at least, I have had no reason to do so as the Note does everything I need it to.

So my question is has the Note 4 replaced your tablet? If it hasn't then why?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No it hasn't replaced my tablet but it easily could. Right now I'm reading and replying on this forum using my iPad Air. Why? Just because it props up on the arm of my sofa in it's case and that makes it easy to use for this purpose. The Note 4 can do much more than my iPad can so I see it as a better device all around. I've actually been looking at Note tablets to replace my iPad. I feel a Note tablet and my Note 4 would be the perfect combination for me. If I had to choose just one device it would the Note 4 but I'm lucky enough not to have to choose just one.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have never owned a tablet. Never understood the use of them and what they offer that my phone doesn't, besides the screen size. If you use it for business, I could see that. For personal use, I just don't get it. I don't want to keep track of apps and data on two different devices simultaneously.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have never owned a tablet. Never understood the use of them and what they offer that my phone doesn't, besides the screen size. If you use it for business, I could see that. For personal use, I just don't get it. I don't want to keep track of apps and data on two different devices simultaneously.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well for me, pre Note 4 at least, a tablet offered a larger screen. In the past I've generally only had smaller screen sized phones and really only used these phones for texting, light email and phone calls.

Now with the Note 4's larger screen I am finding it can do everything I need. The screen, for me at least, is now large enough for Web browsing and other tasks that were painful on a smaller screen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a tablet... Mainly use my phone or my PC. I want a tablet but can't seem to justify one since I can just nab my phone for the quick search.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had a GN2 10.1 since it came out. I love it but I hardly ever turn it on even since the Note 3...only once since the Note 4.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 tablets that I never touch. So I guess I have to say yes.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!

smoke skull

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a Notepro 12.2 and its my goto device. The Note 4 is fine when I am mobile but its just too small to do serious web surfing. THe NP 12.2 prices are dropping so its a great investment.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Um kind of. I also have last year's iPad air. I do use my note 4 for everything except paying bills. I still use my iPad for bills. Hey if they had made the note 4 larger I could use that for bills lol

Posted via the Android Central App

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 3 I use if I'm needing to do some serious note taking, or video...etc. But it's just for convenience sake. I'm finding myself leaving my surface home more often lately. I love the Surface, but am finding it not quite as necessary as I used to.

Posted via the Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My Note 2, 3, and now 4 kept me from ever finding much use in my Nexus 7 tablet. However I do have the Note 10.1 2014 and as much as I enjoy the Note 4, it can't replace the 10" tablet when I really need the larger screen.

I definitely see no reason for a 7 or 8" tablet if you are sporting a Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I used to carry around an HTC Rezound and a 7" tablet at work. I could close out trouble tickets at work and actually troubleshoot issues all while "Taking the BROWNS to the superBOWL" making those moments some of the most productive moments of my workday (no one is inhumane enough to bother you in there). When I went to a Note, I didn't have to carry around my 7" tablet, which made it much easier for me to do things at work.

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have both the 12.2 Note Pro and the Note 4 . I use the Note 4 a lot, but I use the tablet to watch video on, especially with more than one person. I don't use my IPad anymore though.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have both note 4 and note 10 2014 edition. I find myself using my phone for 95% of most task. My tablet is there indeed but only for really big project I take up and need the extra screen real estate.

girls love tech too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781