Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Using OK Google w/ fingerprint lockscreen

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
When I use OK Google with my fingerprint lockscreen the Google screen tells me to unlock my screenlock. Anybody able to get OK Google to work normally without unlocking a fingerprint screenlock?

Last edited:

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Using OK Google w/ fingerprint lockscreen

I can't get it to work despite having my settings to have it work with the lockscreen on. I'm wondering if anybody has been able to get it to work that uses a fingerprint lockscreen.

Beltelmel

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I use the fingerprint lock on my Note 4. Not sure if there is something different in the settings but mine listens and responds even when the screen is locked.
Does make you wonder just how secure is the "locked" phone if saying Ok Google is active.

Last edited:

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Works for me with the finger print scanner on. The only thing is I have to say (ok google) kinda extra loud. And sometimes I have to say it twice before it hears me.

girls love tech too

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I use the fingerprint lock on my Note 4. Not sure if there is something different in the settings but mine listens and responds even when the screen is locked.
Does make you wonder just how secure is the "locked" phone if saying Ok Google is active.
My security is most definitely at work, because if I use ok google to quickly search for something while the screen is lock. It pulls up the information I need but if I want to see additional information, it then tells me to put in my password to unlock for the additional information.

girls love tech too

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I didn't state the exact problem in my original post. My OK Google does work with the lockscreen but it won't dial a phone # without unlocking the screen. I'm going to try to use my Dragon voice recognition app but it's not working properly right now. It's what I used on my S3 for making calls in my car through my Bluetooth earpiece.