Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Samsung $200 rebate not approved

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got an e-mail stating that my $200 rebate wasn't approved because "[y]our purchase date wasn't in the timeframe or the date wasn't present in the upload". I pre-ordered and traded in through Amazon so I didn't have an official receipt. I just printed out both confirmation emails and took a photo of them to submit online. The date shown on my print outs are definitely within the promo's time frame. Has anyone else ordered through Amazon and been approved for the promotion?

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung $200 rebate not approved

I hate those mail in rebates. They always look for a reason to deny you and make jump through hoops to get it right.

Posted via the Android Central App

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung $200 rebate not approved

Man this sucks. You are the first that I've read whom has a claim response from prizelogic. I've submitted mine over a week ago, T-Mobile variant, I have a strong feeling that mine won't go as smooth.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

kkakungii

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I received same message from them.
i ordered it from sprint.com and submitted with email confirmation on my oder.
they send exactly same email saying that my purchase date is not on promotion date.
they must hired kindergarteners to verify eligibility of promtion. Preorder date was in the scope of promotional date and i did even circle them.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I received same message from them.
i ordered it from sprint.com and submitted with email confirmation on my oder.
they send exactly same email saying that my purchase date is not on promotion date.
they must hired kindergarteners to verify eligibility of promtion. Preorder date was in the scope of promotional date and i did even circle them.

File a complaint with the bbb against samsung. That will probably help you get the rebate over arguing with prizelogic.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
This is the very reason I was adamant about going to BB to get the $200 up front. I knew they would try to weasel their way out of every $200 they could.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know whether the time for submission has expired or not, but I suggest you try this: Instead of uploading a confirmation email, go to Amazon.com and log in. Then click on "Your Account" and "Your Orders" and find the order for your phone, and click on the link for "invoice" Save that and try submitting that to Samsung as a receipt. See example below.

Amazon.jpg

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the very reason I was adamant about going to BB to get the $200 up front. I knew they would try to weasel their way out of every $200 they could.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Sadly this. The rebate seems ripe for technicality rejections. Got mine from BB and instant $200 off.

BennyBlanco99

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Got a rejection email the other day as well. It said that the receipt I mailed did not show a phone purchase??? I mailed the receipt I got from At&t when I pre-ordered the phone which had the phone listed and the price paid. I called Samsung and they told me I had to call At&t. Wtf. So I called at&t and as expected they said why the eff would you call us for a Samsung promotion. I called Samsung back and they had obviously put a note in my account because the second I brought it is they told me that I have to go to the website and go through the contact us page to send them an email. I'm just going to go to at&t and have them print me off another receipt and mail it back in.

kkakungii

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Prizelogic is 3rd party company hired by samsung to deal with this promotion.
from the beginning PrizeLogic didn't setup their system correctly. So a lot of people including me wasted our time to submit docs and they never acknowledged they had a system problems. They blamed on me saying not entering correct info.
10 days later, they fixed their system without notice..
I will make a official complaints to BBB as well along with Samsung.
thanks

donyarbrough

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Samsung's shill, Prize Logic, has every trick in the book to keep from paying the money. They start with a website that wont take proper submissions. Then if you mail it in, even by certified mail, like I did, they claim they didn't get it. There are tons of complaints here and other sites about not getting the money or getting less than promised. It looks like BBB complaints get some action. But Samsung definitely knows whats going on with Prize Logic and I'm guessing Samsung's totally OK with it because their going broke and don't want to pay out $200 rebates.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
As others stated I did the best buy trade in I don't have time for prize logic shennanigans....

yella22

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I bought phone at ATT and submitted the rebate in store but never received a confirmation email. Anybody know what number to contact at Samsung? ATT manager is useless at this point.

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problems with my preorder through Sprint. Ended up sending in paperwork 3 different times. Even got the Samsung rep involved at the Sprint store I ordered from.Best way to get in touch with Prizelogic was through their Facebook page with an IM. Last time I sent it registered mail so I knew they got it and within a week I got an email saying I was approved for the rebate. Got my check last week and cashed it the next day.....Next time I will go through Best Buy like many did.