05-16-2016 07:41 PM
50 12
tools
    My led didn't light up with blocking mode on the s4. There s an option for that in the blocking mode settings. Now there isn't on the Note 4.

Sent from my Note 4
    THis ^^

What I find as a large step back from my s4 is that when I set up DnD, It would/could disable text/LED notifications and only allow phone calls from my allowed list. Now I get the stupid text notification and a blinking light. I don't want to turn off the LED notification every night and morning.....grrr.
    11-02-2014 09:27 AM
    THis ^^

What I find as a large step back from my s4 is that when I set up DnD, It would/could disable text/LED notifications and only allow phone calls from my allowed list. Now I get the stupid text notification and a blinking light. I don't want to turn off the LED notification every night and morning.....grrr.
    Agreed! & for those that suggest putting it face down, sure, that works, but I don't like to fiddle with my phone to stop my alarm in the morning. I'm a bear when I wake up & like to just roll over & tap or swipe the screen.

The light bothers me because it takes me forever to fall asleep at night & if my eyes open just a little, a catch a glimpse of the light & have to check it. If nothing else, just to stop the light.

Sent from my Note 4
    11-02-2014 09:59 AM
    To turn LED off in display and wallpaper setting

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'd rather have it tied into Blocking Mode. I'm not exactly sure why it was removed in the first place. The other reason I like having it available is if the LED is not blinking, that means the phone isn't using more power.
    JonnyKs likes this.
    11-02-2014 12:11 PM
    Agreed! & for those that suggest putting it face down, sure, that works, but I don't like to fiddle with my phone to stop my alarm in the morning. I'm a bear when I wake up & like to just roll over & tap or swipe the screen.

The light bothers me because it takes me forever to fall asleep at night & if my eyes open just a little, a catch a glimpse of the light & have to check it. If nothing else, just to stop the light.

Sent from my Note 4
    Ditto that!
    11-09-2014 09:48 AM
    It works for me also. I have no problem with blocking mode.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
    11-09-2014 10:01 AM
    Blocking mode for me on the note 4 didn't meet my needs. It's a great app if you only want to block/allow calls to come through during a given time but my problem was I needed to allow text to come through also from a group that was in my allowed list. If I clicked allow notifications then all notifications came through including email, calendar and so on. I wished they didn't group notifications and text together.

I found and am using "Do not Disturb" app that someone found for me that meets all my needs. It's a great set it and forget it app. As for the LED notifications, that isn't a problem since I have an S view cover on my phone and it covers the light.
    suitebabygurl1979 likes this.
    11-09-2014 10:45 AM
    It works for me also. I have no problem with blocking mode.

But does the notification light still flash when you have it on?

Sent from my Note 4
    11-09-2014 11:41 AM
    My led light flashes to. A downgrade from the note 3. Maybe a bunch of emails to samsung could get this option back in next update
    JonnyKs likes this.
    11-09-2014 12:09 PM
    But does the notification light still flash when you have it on?

Sent from my Note 4
    No it doesn't. it will bother me if it did. I just turn mine on always an just got a notification. No flashing light and no sound.
    11-09-2014 07:04 PM
    No it doesn't. it will bother me if it did. I just turn mine on always an just got a notification. No flashing light and no sound.
    On the Note 4? What do your blocking mode settings look like?

Sent from my Note 4
    11-09-2014 07:41 PM
    The first is my settings and the second is my wife's S5 settings. I am searching now to find out why you still have notification lights when in blocking mode and I don't. There used to be a box to check to stop the light on the GS3. But from what I read it has been integrated with the turning off all notifications. Still searching.

Try checking your alarm and timer. That is what different between yours and mine

11-09-2014 07:53 PM
    Correction. I get a Notification light if I get a text message. I sent my self emails from my wife's phone to myself to my yahoo email account and Gmail no light. Once I sent a text message it lite up and flashed. Not bright enough to disturb me in the dark when trying to sleep.
    11-09-2014 11:23 PM
    Exactly my case. I also hate it blink while in Blocking mode. It worked like charm on Note 3. However I do believe that this is Android 4.4.4 version problem rather than a handset problem. Shame on Samsung.
    03-02-2015 05:15 PM
    I found and am using "Do not Disturb" app that someone found for me that meets all my needs. It's a great set it and forget it app. As for the LED notifications, that isn't a problem since I have an S view cover on my phone and it covers the light.
    Is the app this app? If so, I'm going to try the free version now, and if it works how I need it to, probably get the paid version.

EDIT: After a quick look at the free version so far, its got the best scheduling options I've seen. So far, this app seems like it'll take care of my needs perfectly.
    03-02-2015 05:28 PM
    Works great on #'s too!
    03-02-2015 05:34 PM
    Blocking mode works perfectly for my needs. I have about 8 people on my list to let calls through from. I do have the LED notifications set to on, but I don't notice them at night as my phone is in a folio case snapped shut on my night stand at night.
    03-02-2015 06:26 PM
    I use blocking mode at night as well. Works fine, and I don't notice the led, probably because I'm down for the count. Having said that, I still miss having "night clock" mode that is dimmed so I can use it as a clock at night as well. Like Bedside Mode on my BB. And yes, I know I get can an app for that, but I really shouldn't have to on a phone such as the Note. Doesn't mean I still don't love this phone though!
    03-02-2015 06:40 PM
    I use an app called I'm Sleeping.
    04-12-2015 12:38 PM
    Blocking Mode works great for me.
    04-12-2015 03:34 PM
    One of the features I loved about my Note 3 was the Blocking Mode. I had it set to not allow any notifications, and had a small list of enabled contacts that could reach me after a certain time (sleep time). I've noticed that on my Note 4, even though I have set the phone to block notifications, I can wake up and see the blinking light on my device. Anyone else use this feature and have the same issue? I've tried restarting the phone, resetting the feature, and other tricks to no avail.
    It does not work for me on my Verizon N4. I have it set to where only my favorites contacts will ring but the text messages are still coming through, even from non favorite contacts. There is no longer an option to block text messages and led lights separately like there was on Kit Kat

I have stopped using blocking mode on my Note 4, it is useless now. I use Llama profiles instead.
    04-12-2015 04:10 PM
    It does not work for me on my Verizon N4. I have it set to where only my favorites contacts will ring but the text messages are still coming through, even from non favorite contacts. There is no longer an option to block text messages and led lights separately like there was on Kit Kat

I have stopped using blocking mode on my Note 4, it is useless now. I use Llama profiles instead.
    Mine didn't really work with Kit Kat. I would still get the blinking LEDs to light up when some stupid company's 1am mass email spam would get sent out ot me (Yes I'm looking right at you Best Buy).
    04-12-2015 07:44 PM
    I take it back, it now works like it was supposed to with Lolipop (Verizon Note 4). It's under Sound and Notifications, "Do Not Disturb" setting. I had it on last night and no blinking LED, but one thing I noticed with Lolipop is I woke up with less battery than I used to with Kit Kat.
    04-13-2015 10:01 AM
    hey. I have the galaxynote 4. I just got it couple days ago. I notied in DND mode, the blinking LED light still shines and annoys at night. My other galaxy s3 turned everything off. This phone does not. HAve you found fix to stop the LED blinking in DND mode?
    Hope to hear from you
    Stacy
    12-10-2015 02:55 PM
    You don't have the choice on the Note 4.

I've got the same issue as the OP.

Sent from my Note 4
    05-16-2016 07:37 PM
    I have the same problem on my note 4. I use do not disturb, so no sounds, but I still get that darn blinking light. (Light didn't blink on my note 2). I also miss the voice control for my alarm that the note 2 had.
    05-16-2016 07:41 PM
50 12