Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Anyone else use Blocking Mode on their device? Does it work for you?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone else use Blocking Mode on their device? Does it work for you?

Blocking mode works perfectly for my needs. I have about 8 people on my list to let calls through from. I do have the LED notifications set to on, but I don't notice them at night as my phone is in a folio case snapped shut on my night stand at night.

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I use blocking mode at night as well. Works fine, and I don't notice the led, probably because I'm down for the count. Having said that, I still miss having "night clock" mode that is dimmed so I can use it as a clock at night as well. Like Bedside Mode on my BB. And yes, I know I get can an app for that, but I really shouldn't have to on a phone such as the Note. Doesn't mean I still don't love this phone though!

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
One of the features I loved about my Note 3 was the Blocking Mode. I had it set to not allow any notifications, and had a small list of enabled contacts that could reach me after a certain time (sleep time). I've noticed that on my Note 4, even though I have set the phone to block notifications, I can wake up and see the blinking light on my device. Anyone else use this feature and have the same issue? I've tried restarting the phone, resetting the feature, and other tricks to no avail.

It does not work for me on my Verizon N4. I have it set to where only my favorites contacts will ring but the text messages are still coming through, even from non favorite contacts. There is no longer an option to block text messages and led lights separately like there was on Kit Kat :(

I have stopped using blocking mode on my Note 4, it is useless now. I use Llama profiles instead.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It does not work for me on my Verizon N4. I have it set to where only my favorites contacts will ring but the text messages are still coming through, even from non favorite contacts. There is no longer an option to block text messages and led lights separately like there was on Kit Kat :(

I have stopped using blocking mode on my Note 4, it is useless now. I use Llama profiles instead.

Mine didn't really work with Kit Kat. I would still get the blinking LEDs to light up when some stupid company's 1am mass email spam would get sent out ot me (Yes I'm looking right at you Best Buy).

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I take it back, it now works like it was supposed to with Lolipop (Verizon Note 4). It's under Sound and Notifications, "Do Not Disturb" setting. I had it on last night and no blinking LED, but one thing I noticed with Lolipop is I woke up with less battery than I used to with Kit Kat.

suitebabygurl1979

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
hey. I have the galaxynote 4. I just got it couple days ago. I notied in DND mode, the blinking LED light still shines and annoys at night. My other galaxy s3 turned everything off. This phone does not. HAve you found fix to stop the LED blinking in DND mode?
Hope to hear from you
Stacy

shzusuziq

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem on my note 4. I use do not disturb, so no sounds, but I still get that darn blinking light. (Light didn't blink on my note 2). I also miss the voice control for my alarm that the note 2 had.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc