I just had my number ported to my new Note 4, I rebooted the phone, after I try to sent a txt message I noticed it still has my old profile with the old number assigned to it. Is there something I need to do to resolve this or does it happen at the carrier end?

Thanks,
    11-01-2014 02:53 PM
    Did you swap Sims?
    11-01-2014 03:02 PM
    Did you swap Sims?
    No. the carrier took the number from my old phone and moved it my new one. When I sent text messages they appear on the other side coming from my old number but my own messages profile shows the old data and my picture is now missing too. Is there a away to update the profile?

Thanks,
    11-01-2014 03:04 PM
    No. the carrier took the number from my old phone and moved it my new one. When I sent text messages they appear on the other side coming from my old number but my own messages profile shows the old data and my picture is now missing too. Is there a away to update the profile?

Thanks,
    So they kept the same SIM and just ported the number in? How long ago? It usually takes a little while if it didn't happen instantly.
    11-01-2014 03:07 PM
    So they kept the same SIM and just ported the number in? How long ago? It usually takes a little while if it didn't happen instantly.
    5 hours ago. I got a message from my carrier saying it was successfully ported over an hour ago. When I call my old number my Android rings. My BBRY which was my old device now has no service. So it's been moved over. I just don't get when I tap on my picture in the messages it shows the old #, not sure if its a setting in the OS somewhere?
    11-01-2014 03:11 PM
    You can wipe the cache using the recovery menu of the note 4.. See if that helps
    11-01-2014 03:13 PM
    You can wipe the cache using the recovery menu of the note 4.. See if that helps
    Tried that just now, no change.
    11-01-2014 03:22 PM
    Fixed it..

When I tapped on my picture, and went into it, I didn't really noticed the pencil for editing the profile.

It's also weird how the editor will use my Linkedin picture as my picture but on the actual message it shows no picture. I wonder if this is bug?
    11-01-2014 03:26 PM