Is this an N4 thing? Used to be able to do this on the N3. Can anyone suggest a similar app that allows me to transfer files from the device to the SD?

Thanks
    11-01-2014 09:52 PM
    No, it's an Android thing. Google in their infinite wisdom severely limited accessibility of external SD cards in one of recent Android updates. In order to restore the functionality, you need to root AND to apply SD card fix.
    Blipstein likes this.
    11-01-2014 10:05 PM
    My File
    Blipstein likes this.
    11-01-2014 10:07 PM
    Man this is a bummer.

My File
    MyFiles seems to only let me move around within the device. I can't see the SD card
    11-04-2014 08:45 AM
    I can see and copy stuff to sd card using the my file app

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-04-2014 08:53 AM
    If all else fails it's easy enough to plug into PC and do it with Explorer if you are a Windows person..

Man this is a bummer.

MyFiles seems to only let me move around within the device. I can't see the SD card
    11-04-2014 09:15 AM
    I can see and copy stuff to sd card using the my file app

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Ok first off I was using MyFiles ...with an "s". Oops. But now with MyFile I can't figure out how to move the file to SD. When I select the file I want to move I do not see a "Move" option. I do see "copy" though. But when I go to the desired folder I don't have the option to paste. What am I missing here?
    11-04-2014 09:21 AM
    Open My Files app (with an "s"). Under "Local Storage" you should see Device storage and SD card. If you don't, there must be something wrong with your SD card. If you do, touch Device Storage, drill down to the folder or file you want to move, and then touch and hold your finger on that folder or file. A column of boxes should appear at the left. Put a check in all that you want to move. Now touch the three-vertical-dot icon at the upper right. Select Move. Select SD card. Touch "Move here" at the top right to just put it in the SD card, or drill down to find the destination folder you want.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ES File Explorer - Can't move files from device to SD unless rooted now?-screenshot_2014-11-04-07-26-36.jpg
    beh, grstatdoc and toenail_flicker like this.
    11-04-2014 09:25 AM
    Open My Files app (with an "s"). Under "Local Storage" you should see Device storage and SD card. If you don't, there must be something wrong with your SD card. If you do, touch Device Storage, drill down to the folder or file you want to move, and then touch and hold your finger on that folder or file. A column of boxes should appear at the left. Put a check in all that you want to move. Now touch the three-vertical-dot icon at the upper right. Select Move. Select SD card. Touch "Move here" at the top right to just put it in the SD card, or drill down to find the destination folder you want.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-04-07-26-36.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	145757
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. I am knowledgeable with navigating my way around the device ....I don't mean that with any sarcasm at all. I did not realize we were talking about the native "My Files" app on the phone. I downloaded an app from the play store. I am going to bury my head in the sand now.

Thanks again
    11-04-2014 09:46 AM
    You're welcome. I often find other folks' instructions to be a bit sketchy, so I prefer to spell it out step by step if I'm going to make a suggestion. Even if you don't need the detail, others might.
    Blipstein likes this.
    11-04-2014 09:56 AM
    My bad lol I shoulda added the "s".
    Blipstein likes this.
    11-04-2014 10:55 AM
    You're welcome. I often find other folks' instructions to be a bit sketchy, so I prefer to spell it out step by step if I'm going to make a suggestion. Even if you don't need the detail, others might.
    Awesome. Thanks

My bad lol I shoulda added the "s".
    LOL...that little "s" sent me on a spree of downloading apps named MyFiles. There are several btw.

Thanks again fellas
    11-04-2014 10:58 AM
    Astro File Manager works for me.
    Blipstein likes this.
    11-04-2014 12:09 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-04-07-26-36.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	145757
    How did you get Cloud Storage and Dropbox in "My Files"? On my GNote4, I the last item I see in "My Files" is Device Storage. I have DropBox installed but can't figure a way to get Dropbox listed in "My Files" Thanks!
    08-19-2015 01:34 PM
    Anyone? Just wondering because I have an AT&T Galaxy Note 4 running Lollipop and do not see the Cloud Storage category under My Files. Also, I don't see the Cloud settings in the system settings.
    08-21-2015 03:23 PM
    How did you get Cloud Storage and Dropbox in "My Files"? On my GNote4, I the last item I see in "My Files" is Device Storage. I have DropBox installed but can't figure a way to get Dropbox listed in "My Files" Thanks!
    Mine us just there. Didn't have to do anything. Sorry
    08-23-2015 12:45 AM
    OK. Thanks. Probably has something to do with the fact that you have a different variant Note 4. I'm on AT&T.
    08-24-2015 07:54 AM
    On mine, Cloud is in the 3dot menu on the main MyFiles screen.
    Edit:This is the Verizon Cloud, no option for Dropbox even though it is installed.
    08-24-2015 09:52 AM
    OK Thanks. I don't see it in the 3 dot menu in My Files main screen. Hmmm. But dropbox is installed and an account was created for Dropbox. I guess each varients of the N4 are setup differently.
    08-27-2015 10:19 PM