Good Note 4 app for driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So I admit...I text and drive. What is a good app to block mostly everything while driving? I tried the pre-installed drive mode (AT&T) as well as Car Dashdroid (battery hog). If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks in advance :)

From my smokin' hot Note 4

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Just plug the phone into a charger while driving and use the stock samsung car dock. Works great with voice controls to respond to texts and read them back to you.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I used to be terrible at texting while driving. It's just not worth it though. I'd rather wait 20 minutes to reply to a text than to never have the opportunity. It probably won't ever happen to you or me, but are you willing to bet your life on it? What about someone else's? Kudos to looking for an app to help you control it though!

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yea the problem is my commute is so short like 5-10 min total. I live in a very small town compared to most of you so I'm not on the highway or anything. I will just try my best not to if I can't find an app.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yea the problem is my commute is so short like 5-10 min total. I live in a very small town compared to most of you so I'm not on the highway or anything. I will just try my best not to if I can't find an app.

I hear ya. I was born and raised in a town of about 1500 people.

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I also am trying to cut back on my texting and driving. It is way more dangerous for me driving in Cincinnati along busy highways during rush hour. I got a car mount today and am hoping I can start replying to texts with my voice instead of my hands.

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Make a Pledge Against Texting & Driving | It Can Wait - great site. The simulator is something else.

http://www.itcanwait.com/tips-and-tools - I tried following their directions for the #X but there is no "Google" keyboard. And the Samsung one doesn't have a dictionary.

As for apps, if your drive is that short, just drop it in your bag and ignore it for that long. If you can't then you have a problem. Unless you are the CEO of a Fortune 500 company and you don't trust your secretary nor trust anyone to drive you, It Can Wait.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Reesh11, your life and lives of others on the road are Way more important than a text! It doesn't matter how long or short your drive might be, as it only takes a Split Second to change yours or someone else's life forever! Sorry for the lecture, but texting has become the number 1 cause of accidents now, even above drunk drivers.... It's just Sooo Sad and Senseless! Be Safe!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So I admit...I text and drive. What is a good app to block mostly everything while driving? I tried the pre-installed drive mode (AT&T) as well as Car Dashdroid (battery hog). If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks in advance :)

Putting your phone in your bag. Put your bag in your car trunk. No text that important.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
See it's not just texting. It's fb Tapatalk and everything in between. The apps have helped me a lot though. I know it's dangerous but I think I've found another app that will help. Thanks everyone.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
See it's not just texting. It's fb Tapatalk and everything in between. The apps have helped me a lot though. I know it's dangerous but I think I've found another app that will help. Thanks everyone.

Reesh11 I work at a college. Two weeks ago a student texting and driving hit and killed another student crossing the street. Now the student is going to jail for murder. It is just not worth it. This girls life is ruined. Girls life gone just like that because of a text. While driving although my text is blocked I still get email alerts and FB also. What you can do is put on Blocking mode while driving or Airplane mode. Or just turn off the phone. Don't take chances with your life and others.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

utopiate

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Maybe its more socially acceptable in the US? I can't fathom how anyone doesn't possess the sense or willpower to not do this. You may aswell come on the forum and said "I like risking other peoples lives just so I can respond to my friends latest cat picture on facebook" Get a grip and sort your priorities out, no app can do that for you sigh

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Just don't answer your text or emails in fact don't answer anything while you are driving... What's the problem your life revolves around social media and emails and text messages give me a break you could go a couple minutes without answering your texts or anything else another human life is more important well at least with some of us it is just get a life I don't answer anything plain and simple while you are driving

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
An app to keep you from using...apps. Really??

Seriously, put the phone away for your 5-10 minute commute. Surely you didn't need to ask a bunch of strangers on the interwebz how to do that, did you?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok all I did was ask for suggestions. I don't need a bunch of people telling me this that and the other. If you didn't have a suggestion you could have very easily kept it moving. Moderators if you would please delete this thread. Thank you.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok all I did was ask for suggestions. I don't need a bunch of people telling me this that and the other. If you didn't have a suggestion you could have very easily kept it moving. Moderators if you would please delete this thread. Thank you.

Put your phone in airplane mode. block everything with a touch of a button.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

We don't know why you are getting all upset.. As an so call adult you should know your responsibility behind the wheel of an automobile just put your phone down that's all does your life revolves around social media and text messages and you can't keep your hands off your phone for 5 to 10 minutes???

Status
Not open for further replies.