11-04-2014 09:55 AM
42 12
tools
    I also went Squaretrade, if you sign up for 2 yrs it's $99.00....good deal if u ask me

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2014 02:32 PM
    I like squaretrade. They have good customer service.
    yorusama likes this.
    11-03-2014 12:31 AM
    So how does Square trade work? I mean how is your phone replaced through them?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    11-03-2014 02:24 AM
    You contact them via phone or email and they then email you a prepaid shipping label. You print that label and mail back to them for free. They get the phone and mail you a new one out.

When I used it a few years ago the total time was 4 days and that's from the day of the call to a new phone in hand.

They have several centers across the US so where you mail it to depends on what state you live in.
    yorusama and qbnkelt like this.
    11-03-2014 08:30 AM
    You contact them via phone or email and they then email you a prepaid shipping label. You print that label and mail back to them for free. They get the phone and mail you a new one out.

When I used it a few years ago the total time was 4 days and that's from the day of the call to a new phone in hand.

They have several centers across the US so where you mail it to depends on what state you live in.
    When they replace your phone do they send you one in the box with original accessories? When I used asurion thru verizon it was nice they let me keep the back cover, s pen and battery from my note 3 and sent me a replacement one in box with new everything
    11-03-2014 12:47 PM
    When they replace your phone do they send you one in the box with original accessories? When I used asurion thru verizon it was nice they let me keep the back cover, s pen and battery from my note 3 and sent me a replacement one in box with new everything
    The one and only time I used the service I sent them the damaged phone only and I received a brand new in box replacement with all accessories included. I kept the battery, cords and every thing else from the original phone.

Not sure how they'd do the Note and if they'd want the pen sent in with the broken unit.
    theoretically likes this.
    11-03-2014 02:35 PM
    I don't insure any of my phones with separate phone insurance.
    11-03-2014 02:45 PM
    Another think I like with SquareTrade is that if you move on to a new phone after purchasing the warranty as a one-time purchase you can cancel the plan and they'll refund you the difference of the unearned premium.
    11-03-2014 03:41 PM
    I do not use insurance on my phones .. call me crazy .
    11-03-2014 03:53 PM
    Even though I'm probably going to get squaretrade, it's an interesting proposition...

These companies are basically saying, "I'll bet you $100 (just average of different options and easy number) that you won't break your phone over the next two years."

We are saying, "I'll bet you $100 we will break are phones!"

I find that to be both ironic and funny!
    yorusama and RamonJr17 like this.
    11-03-2014 04:47 PM
    That was a confusing post, can you elaborate?
    11-03-2014 05:30 PM
    I don't pay for phone insurance. Seven family members with seven phones on my plan (three Note 4's, two S4's, one S5, and one Moto X). To insure all of them would be about a grand per year. I'm keeping my old Note 2 as a backup. If anyone breaks or loses their current phone, they can use that one until they become eligible for another phone upgrade (which I think is 20 or 22 months on Sprint). I think I come out ahead, based on past experience.
    11-03-2014 05:36 PM
    That was a confusing post, can you elaborate?
    Lol. Basically, the insurance company wins if you don't break your phone and they take your money for nothing. They are betting you won't break it. That's how they win.

You are betting you will break the phone because if you break it and have insurance, you get a deal on the replacement.

It's funny that a company has more confidence in you that you do! They also have data to suggest they are right.... So, in reality most people don't need insurance. The fear drives us to get it. I'm one of those people too.

It almost is like saying, don't buy a case or screen protector and get insurance and take of your phone... And according to insurance companies, you are most likely to keep your phone in good shape and never need a replacement. So maybe cases and screen protectors are just a waste of money OR maybe insurance is....
    RamonJr17 likes this.
    11-03-2014 08:48 PM
    Bit what about getting stuck with a lemon beyond the manufacturers warranty? I had a red SGIII that loved. I took it out of the case which was unusual for me and I dropped it. Shattered the screen. I didn't have another Android device so I was stuck with a BlackBerry until I got this one.
    And about the lemon phone, the is a thread on Crackberry right now about a customer getting nowhere trying to exchange a BlackBerry Passport with a listing screen.
    In those instances, having insurance would be good.
    Personally, I've only insured devices I've bought outright. Now I'm insuring them all.

11-04-2014 04:53 AM
    Bit what about getting stuck with a lemon beyond the manufacturers warranty? I had a red SGIII that loved. I took it out of the case which was unusual for me and I dropped it. Shattered the screen. I didn't have another Android device so I was stuck with a BlackBerry until I got this one.
    And about the lemon phone, the is a thread on Crackberry right now about a customer getting nowhere trying to exchange a BlackBerry Passport with a listing screen.
    In those instances, having insurance would be good.
    Personally, I've only insured devices I've bought outright. Now I'm insuring them all.

I hear you, but wouldn't a lemon be identified as a lemon before 12 months (standard company warranty period) was up?

Also, I usually get a new phone every year. Having a case and sp help me in reselling my phone, that's a big reason I use them.
    11-04-2014 06:13 AM
    I hear you, but wouldn't a lemon be identified as a lemon before 12 months (standard company warranty period) was up?

Also, I usually get a new phone every year. Having a case and sp help me in reselling my phone, that's a big reason I use them.
    No, sometimes a defect can show as wear on moving parts or as subsequent OSs break functionality.

One example would be my last BlackBerry. The double letter typing issue is a flaw that appears over time. Mine was perfect initially. Now it just doubles letters randomly. Last BlackBerry for me for a long time, if not ever.

Oh and yeah I don't use devices for two years generally. I did my SGIII because I LOVED that red colour.
    11-04-2014 06:34 AM
    You can get an extended warranty for manufacturers defects. Verizon offers or as a stand alone for $3/mo,no deductible and covers the active device on the line. I have had multiple devices replaced under this program.

As with all insurance and warranty programs, the company is making money.
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-04-2014 09:55 AM
42 12