I know this issue is mostly isolated to the Black Note 4's, but I absolutely hate the gray striations over the buttons!

I think maybe each Note 4 is different in stripe positioning, but one of the stripes directly overlays on top of the bottom line of the left button (dual box). It makes it look like the box isn't fully lit up. Does anyone else notice have that issue?

I know I am being a stickler, but its so annoying.
    21stNow and Dankees like this.
    11-02-2014 01:16 AM
    Mine has the stripes. But it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Not judging you though. Different strokes and whatnot.

Posted via the Android Central App
    geekaren likes this.
    11-02-2014 01:49 AM
    I think the buttons look pretty naff with or without lines. Mine don't light up at all (settings / device / display and wallpaper / touch key duration / always off).
    11-02-2014 04:24 AM
    I didn't really like the look of this either. But oh well. I think that Samsung should go to onscreen buttons like everyone else.
    11-02-2014 05:19 PM
    I like the stripes. I do wish they would dim at night though. They are super bright in the dark.
    11-02-2014 05:50 PM
    You're not alone. They dont block the soft keys but Im not a fan of them at all.

Posted via my Sprint Note 4
    11-02-2014 06:29 PM
    Hey at my age I am happy I can see anything! The stripes are good indication that i am not completely blind......yet. Sorry just some humor but I definitely get that it would bother some....probably people with way better vision than me.
    11-02-2014 06:39 PM
    I didn't really like the look of this either. But oh well. I think that Samsung should go to onscreen buttons like everyone else.
    I actually love the fact that they do not have on screen buttons like everyone else. It allows us to use the full screen size where as everyone else has an inch of the screen taken up by the black button strip.
    11-02-2014 07:20 PM
    I actually love the fact that they do not have on screen buttons like everyone else. It allows us to use the full screen size where as everyone else has an inch of the screen taken up by the black button strip.
    I would say then make the entire screen bigger. But it would help not to have the capacitive buttons.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    11-02-2014 07:33 PM
    Not that it would've bothered me but I always have it off. Just don't see the point of it.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    11-02-2014 07:44 PM
    I love a physical home button. Because if my screen freezes then what? And I would always accidentally press home when typing on the M8. Love the home button. I'm not a fan of the stripes but I deal with it.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    erinpac likes this.
    11-02-2014 07:51 PM
    Those lines are one of the reasons that i went with the white version.. It doesnt effect the lights in the same way...

I think the buttons look pretty naff with or without lines. Mine don't light up at all (settings / device / display and wallpaper / touch key duration / always off).
    I also found the backlight for those buttons too bright and turned them off. It actually looks better with them off.. Although with the white version when the lights are off the buttons or symbols completely disappear.. I really like it that way.
    11-02-2014 09:26 PM
    I'll take capacitive and home buttons ANY day over dumb a$$ soft buttons taking up display space. Word.
    11-02-2014 09:45 PM
    Why do people wish Samsung did on screen buttons? When there's so many options out there, why do you wish all phones were the exact same?
    erinpac and reesh11 like this.
    11-02-2014 09:52 PM
    I actually dislike the home button. I try not to press it whenever I can. I don't want anything to malfunction with it, and I don't want dust getting in there.

I like the Galaxy Nexus set-up - all of the buttons were capacitive.

Why have that huge button there when the technology exists to remove it?
    11-02-2014 09:55 PM
    You are probably going to hate me but I just noticed that the LED also has the stripes....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    11-02-2014 11:27 PM
    I actually dislike the home button. I try not to press it whenever I can. I don't want anything to malfunction with it, and I don't want dust getting in there.

I like the Galaxy Nexus set-up - all of the buttons were capacitive.

Why have that huge button there when the technology exists to remove it?
    Never had an issue with the physical button. Used it all the time on my Note II, don't see the problem on the Note 4. I guess they could have built the fingerprint scanner right into the phone over a capacitive button, but even Apple doesn't do that.
    erinpac likes this.
    11-02-2014 11:44 PM
    I turned my touch key lights off. Takes away from a clean look and also uses power.
    11-02-2014 11:45 PM
    I turned my touch key lights off. Takes away from a clean look and also uses power.
    Nice. Where's that setting?
    11-02-2014 11:51 PM
    Nice. Where's that setting?
    Settings, display and click touch key light duration.
    Trigati likes this.
    11-03-2014 12:35 AM
    Settings, display and click touch key light duration.
    Thanks, found it just before the reply.
    11-03-2014 12:37 AM
    You are probably going to hate me but I just noticed that the LED also has the stripes....
    The LED is definitely disappointing on the Note 4. Not only does it have the stripes, it seems incredibly dim (at least compared to the LG G2, G3, and even the Note 2) and is basically only visible when you're looking at it head-on. Totally defeats the purpose of having a LED, but I guess not everything about the phone can be perfect.
    11-03-2014 12:42 AM
    The black plating on the note is all stripped. You have to look at it in a nicely lit room, but it's not the LEDs nor the navigation buttons, it's the whole front black bezel.
    11-03-2014 08:09 PM
    tbh I thought the same thing when I got my black Note4 last week but it's a non issue for me since I know where the buttons are so I just have the lights always off, no point really, plus it's nicer to have them off at night when all you can see is the actual screen.
    geekaren likes this.
    05-21-2015 02:37 PM
    Those lines are the reason I didn't get the black version even though I adore black phones and have always used them. They're a lot less prominent on the white phone, but with my ocd they still annoy the crap out of me. I've also turned off the lights. Looks so much better/sleeker without them.
    05-21-2015 07:01 PM