11-05-2014 01:36 PM
87 1234
tools
    I use Bluetooth headsets.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
    11-02-2014 03:18 PM
    Now u have a $200 headphone? Like me?
    11-02-2014 03:19 PM
    Until you go to an audiophile specialty, and plug in a set of these, you will always think the way you do.

I guess like a person who has been deaf or blind since birth, you're not missing a thing. .
    only complaint about the note 4 is the headphone jack placement, anyone agree?-609146.jpg

(btw-those ones above are $1500)
    11-02-2014 03:21 PM
    I agree with the OP. I had an iPhone 5 before this and now whenever I have ny headphones in it gets in the way of my screen and I'm constantly brushing the wires away like hair from the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2014 03:27 PM
    Sure. For people who do not use headphones much. Going with a $20 pair of dispensable headsets is an option.

But for those who use headphones in the $200-$400 range, we're talking different ballparks.

I use headphones a lot. For those who use it occasionally at home and what not, would not see the benefits of the jack placements in contrast to someone who uses it everywhere.

I'm not saying the jack placement is a HUGE deal. Again it's just a convenience feature.
    Now u have a $200 headphone? Like me?
    Sure. For people who do not use headphones much. Going with a $20 pair of dispensable headsets is an option.

But for those who use headphones in the $200-$400 range, we're talking different ballparks.

I use headphones a lot. For those who use it occasionally at home and what not, would not see the benefits of the jack placements in contrast to someone who uses it everywhere.

I'm not saying the jack placement is a HUGE deal. Again it's just a convenience feature.
    Which is it $200 or $400? My Bluebuds X cost close to $200, they're wireless, sweat resistant, give me about 6-7 hours of battery life, and rival some of my other wired earphones for sound. I'll take the convenience of wireless over wired since I use my device while I'm working out.

If I were a music producer then I could understand being an audio-snob, but just for everyday listening, you're fooling yourself if you think you need a wired set that's going to make that big a difference for listening to MP3s.
    skippyg likes this.
    11-02-2014 03:29 PM
    Which is it $200 or $400? My Bluebuds X cost close to $200, they're wireless, sweat resistant, give me about 6-7 hours of battery life, and rival some of my other wired earphones for sound. I'll take the convenience of wireless over wired since I use my device while I'm working out.
    I have many. ranging from $200-400.

If u use them as much as me. Bluetooth is more of a hassle. Unless u plan out ur days, or use them around ur house.
    11-02-2014 03:32 PM
    As small of a feature of having the headphone jack at the bottom may seem. It actually makes quite a difference.

I use my headphones a lot. And I forgot how convenient it was having the jack at the bottom, until I switched to the note 4.

The wires is now drooping down over the phone, which is more annoying then you think if u use headphones a lot. And I usually put my phone in my pocket top down naturally which now I can't when using headphones.

For people who don't listen to music or talk on the phones with headphones much, I can see why the feature is meaningless. But for me it was a huge difference.
    I use my headphones everyday, and I'm not bothered by the jack being on top, however, that is what I'm used to. Why do you need to stick your phone in your pocket top end down?

11-02-2014 03:37 PM
    I use my headphones everyday, and I'm not bothered by the jack being on top, however, that is what I'm used to. Why do you need to stick your ohone in your pocket top end down?

I think ive explained this but, how do you use your headphones? Just sitting in class/work/home?

I walk in the city everyday and have my headphones in listening to music and take calls on them as well. I consistently pull out/put in my phone into my coat pocket as i am walking or doing whatever. Naturally i will put my phone in my jacket side pocket with my hands as do most people, as i see them doing the same thing.

Walk around your house if you have to and see what feels natural, use your phone while walking then slide it into your pocket. If you want to put it in bottom side first, you will be fidgeting with it or flipping it.
    11-02-2014 03:55 PM
    Only speaking for myself, I use headphones all the time wireless and wired. However, when I go wireless, and I didn't see anybody mention it in this thread, I use my apt x Headphones. Both pairs of my Headphones in my Sig have apt x.. I think all the Note series have apt x. Which IMO is a biggee when using bluetooth. In fact, on the Note 3 forum, some people stated that not have apt x is a DEAL BREAKER for them. Here we are discussing sound, and wireless sound and nobody mentions apt x!!
    11-02-2014 03:56 PM
    I only use the headphones when I plug in my aux cord to listen to music via the nightstand radio or in my vehicle. Never thought much about the placement of it. Used bluetooth headsets before the wrap around the ears kind seem to work well for the money.
    11-02-2014 03:59 PM
    I think ive explained this but, how do you use your headphones? Just sitting in class/work/home?

I walk in the city everyday and have my headphones in listening to music and take calls on them as well. I consistently pull out/put in my phone into my coat pocket as i am walking or doing whatever. Naturally i will put my phone in my jacket side pocket with my hands as do most people, as i see them doing the same thing.

Walk around your house if you have to and see what feels natural, use your phone while walking then slide it into your pocket. If you want to put it in bottom side first, you will be fidgeting with it or flipping it.
    So you pull your phone out and then flip it around? When I do store my phone in a pocket, I pull it out and don't worry about flipping it around because the headphone jack would be at the top. I still don't see how having the headphone jack on the bottom is a better design.
    11-02-2014 04:08 PM
    So you pull your phone out and then flip it around? When I do store my phone in a pocket, I pull it out and don't worry about flipping it around because the headphone jack would be at the top. I still don't see how having the headphone jack on the bottom is a better design.
    Thing is unless you use headphones a lot while your out and about, you will not understand.
    You obviously do not use headphones much or use a wired one at that (since you apparently use your bluetooth ones). So the jack placement does not apply to you. I dont know why you would be getting so defensive of a feature that does not even apply to you or even affect you at that..

Try putting your phone in bottom first after using it.
    11-02-2014 04:15 PM
    Thing is unless you use headphones a lot while your out and about, you will not understand.
    You obviously do not use headphones much or use a wired one at that (since you apparently use your bluetooth ones). So the jack placement does not apply to you. I dont know why you would be getting so defensive of a feature that does not even apply to you or even affect you at that..

Try putting your phone in bottom first after using it.
    I used wired earphones all the time when I traveled for work (hours in an airplane with limited space is definitely a challenge). I would put my Note 3 (same setup) in my jacket's front pocket. When I needed to pull my phone out, I would reach in with my right hand (put in my left coat pocket), pull the phone out, and do what I needed without having to worry about flipping it around. The earphone cord, as I stated, I'd put the cord INSIDE my hand while I held the phone. Unless you have a 1 foot headphone cable, then it's just as easy to hold the cable behind the screen. I don't know why it's so hard to adapt to the headphone jack placement, but then again I've been known to adapt to my surrounding environment.
    11-02-2014 04:22 PM
    I much prefer the jack at the top. I only used wired headsets. I've never been able to stand using bluetooth. When I had a phone with the headphone jack at the bottom, I couldn't stand it. The entire 2 years I had the phone all I could think every time I used it was how much I hated that the jack was at the bottom.

Obviously they have to put the jack in one place and so can't please everyone. Some people like me hate it at the bottom and like it at the top and other people like the OP feel the opposite. Someone's going to be happy and unhappy either way for those of us who prefer to use wired headsets.
    11-02-2014 04:33 PM
    I only prefer the bottom because my coupe (a 2008) only has hands free for calls meaning when docked the AUX works better. Otherwise, being on top is great when I'm using it at LA Fitness.

tapatalk LG pro D852
    11-02-2014 04:50 PM
    I came from iPhone and prefer it on top also with my note

11-02-2014 05:35 PM

Yes someone who agrees with me. Like he said the jack placement is not a deal breaker just a convenience thing and I'm not comparing to iPhone, everytime I use my Note 4, I always have wired headphones plugged in and it does get kind of annoying having a cord dangling from the top of your phone. Other than that, best phone I've ever owned! Might look into a Bluetooth headset I guess
    11-02-2014 05:48 PM
    I had no issues with the headphone jack being on the top... I use bluetooth now but the top never bothered me.
    11-02-2014 05:53 PM
    It really amazes me how people will always find ONE thing, at least, to gripe about no matter which phone they choose. I hated the phone jack on the bottom of the iPhone. If the wire gets in the way, move it...a simple gesture that takes less effort than a text. When I was growing up I had the "inconvenience" of being attached to a landline...GOD FORBID a cable. Gasp! Get bluetooth and get over it.
    11-02-2014 06:34 PM
    It really amazes me how people will always find ONE thing, at least, to gripe about no matter which phone they choose. I hated the phone jack on the bottom of the iPhone. If the wire gets in the way, move it...a simple gesture that takes less effort than a text. When I was growing up I had the "inconvenience" of being attached to a landline...GOD FORBID a cable. Gasp! Get bluetooth and get over it.
    I honestly believe that some people just want to feel as though they have extra-sensory abilities that require them to have some sort of superior tools at their disposal. Kind of like that one cat owner that insists their cat only eat Fancy Feast because of their great bloodlines or the car nut that believes only a certain gasoline with some marketing gimmick of a fuel additive is what their performance car needs. It's like that movie Idiocracy, "It's got electrolytes!! It's what plants crave!"

Like I said before, if you're in the music industry and it's your business to have such tools, that's fine, but for everyday listening, you're not going to miss some secret hidden life altering message if you listen to your music with some $5.00 headphones.
    11-02-2014 06:47 PM
    It truly is amazing that everyone has something to gripe about isn't it? GOD FORBID people discussing something they do not like about a product. Gasp!

I honestly believe that some people just want to feel as though they have extra-sensory abilities that require them to have some sort of superior tools at their disposal. Kind of like that one cat owner that insists their cat only eat Fancy Feast because of their great bloodlines or the car nut that believes only a certain gasoline with some marketing gimmick of a fuel additive is what their performance car needs. It's like that movie Idiocracy, "It's got electrolytes!! It's what plants crave!"

Like I said before, if you're in the music industry and it's your business to have such tools, that's fine, but for everyday listening, you're not going to miss some secret hidden life altering message if you listen to your music with some $5.00 headphones.
    So why did you buy $200 headphones if you are satisfied with $5 ones?
    Yk Chin likes this.
    11-02-2014 06:59 PM
    It truly is amazing that everyone has something to gripe about isn't it? GOD FORBID people discussing something they do not like about a product. Gasp!

So why did you buy $200 headphones if you are satisfied with $5 ones?
    Because I wanted some that wouldn't tie me down during my workouts, that were sweat proof, that were comfortable. The fact that they sound as good as some wired headphones was just a plus. I don't consider myself an audio-snob and if I could buy the same quality with the above mentioned features for $5.00 then I would.
    11-02-2014 07:34 PM
    Because I wanted some that wouldn't tie me down during my workouts, that were sweat proof, that were comfortable. The fact that they sound as good as some wired headphones was just a plus. I don't consider myself an audio-snob and if I could buy the same quality with the above mentioned features for $5.00 then I would.
    ......... Anyone who can purchase $200+ quality headphones for $5 would. Stop being so senile. It does not take an audiophile to notice a difference between good headphones and cheapo gas station ones..

So let me get this straight, you can make excuses for purchasing $200+ headphones? But oh no its ludicrous to buy high end headphones for listening to music in other situations! Get off your high dinosaur buddy. Go to a audiophile forum and claim what your claiming here with your nonsense about headphones...
    11-02-2014 07:48 PM
    ......... Anyone who can purchase $200+ quality headphones for $5 would. Stop being so senile. It does not take an audiophile to notice a difference between good headphones and cheapo gas station ones..

So let me get this straight, you can make excuses for purchasing $200+ headphones? But oh no its ludicrous to buy high end headphones for listening to music in other situations! Get off your high dinosaur buddy. Go to a audiophile forum and claim what your claiming here with your nonsense about headphones...
    I'm not the only one here that has mentioned going to a Bluetooth device would alleviate your problem with where the headphone jack is located. You're the one that brought up sound quality. Since you aren't too keen on solutions, by all means, go right ahead and suffer with your wired set of overpriced headphones. When you accidentally drop your phone because you haven't mastered pulling it out of your pocket with the headphone jack up, just remember that more than a few of us suggested a Bluetooth headphone.
    11-02-2014 08:13 PM
    I'm not the only one here that has mentioned going to a Bluetooth device would alleviate your problem with where the headphone jack is located. You're the one that brought up sound quality. Since you aren't too keen on solutions, by all means, go right ahead and suffer with your wired set of overpriced headphones. When you accidentally drop your phone because you haven't mastered pulling it out of your pocket with the headphone jack up, just remember that more than a few of us suggested a Bluetooth headphone.
    Ur the one who brought up sound quality and price recommending me $20 Bluetooth headsets, when I use higher end noise canceling sets. I brought up the convenience of having the jack at the bottom.

I've had beats wireless. And they are only great for a short while. Then they become a nuisance, especially if u forget to charge them or if ur not home for the night.
    Yk Chin likes this.
    11-02-2014 08:18 PM
87 1234