11-05-2014 01:36 PM
87 1234
tools
    Ur the one who brought up sound quality and price recommending me $20 Bluetooth headsets, when I use higher end noise canceling sets. I brought up the convenience of having the jack at the bottom.

I've had beats wireless. And they are only great for a short while. Then they become a nuisance, especially if u forget to charge them or if ur not home for the night.
    No, I recommended a $20 Bluetooth device to anyone that thought Bluetooth prices were too high. As a matter of fact, even the quality of those devices has improved vastly in just the past few years.

The fact that you think "good bass" is the mark of a good pair of earphones has already let me know that you aren't really the audiophile that you think you are.
    11-02-2014 08:26 PM
    No, I recommended a $20 Bluetooth device to anyone that thought Bluetooth prices were too high. As a matter of fact, even the quality of those devices has improved vastly in just the past few years.

The fact that you think "good bass" is the mark of a good pair of earphones has already let me know that you aren't really the audiophile that you think you are.
    The fact that you keeping stating lies about what I say, leads me to believe u have a reading comprehension of a special one, or simply ur just a narcissistic lier who googles there info to backup there lies....

I said I like bass in my headphones by the way. But good try?

So let's see I apparently have a $500 pair headphones when I stated 200-400. I brought up sound quality and price when u clearly did. And apparently me stating "I like bass in my headphones" equates to me benchmarking headphones to bass levels.
    11-02-2014 08:36 PM
    Most normal people don't care enough about audio quality to spend upwards of $1000 for a pair of headphones. I can't see how anyone can justify that, really. Unless you are fabulously wealthy (or want people to think you are), in which case, good for you. I have a pair of Razer Kraken Pro's, which I use for gaming and listening to music, I have listened to some tunes on high quality headphones, and I can't really notice a difference. This isn't the point of the thread though, I always like my headphone jack on the bottom, I feel like it gets in the way on the top, but it really all comes down to preference.
    11-02-2014 08:48 PM
    Most normal people don't care enough about audio quality to spend upwards of $1000 for a pair of headphones. I can't see how anyone can justify that, really. Unless you are fabulously wealthy (or want people to think you are), in which case, good for you. I have a pair of Razer Kraken Pro's, which I use for gaming and listening to music, I have listened to some tunes on high quality headphones, and I can't really notice a difference. This isn't the point of the thread though, I always like my headphone jack on the bottom, I feel like it gets in the way on the top, but it really all comes down to preference.
    That was mostly my argument, if someone thought the wire was such a major point of contention, just go Bluetooth. If someone's wired headphones are that great (highly doubtful) then by all means stick with the wired kind. No skin off my nose.
    kittenphelia likes this.
    11-02-2014 09:04 PM
    So don't wear headphones.
    11-03-2014 03:13 PM
    I'm so used to Samsung phones having a jack on the top, it doesn't bother me at all.

People will complain no matter where the jack is located.
    11-03-2014 04:08 PM
    There is a headphone jack?
    I like my Bluetooth headphones.
    This is the way to go...no wires getting in the way
    11-03-2014 04:26 PM
    I feel like a fool sitting here with my $60 earbuds listening to my music. The jack on top can kinda bother me occassionally when i'm "walking through the city", but I also know there are a few alternatives like Bluetooth. No big deal to me. I enjoy music and have a pretty good CD collection. I think MP3's are the shiz.
    11-03-2014 04:45 PM
    As cheap as bluetooth earphones/headphones are now, I rarely plug into wired headphones. Even in the rare instances where I do plug in earphones, I never thought the connection on top was that big an issue. If the wire was draped over the front of the screen, I'd just twist the connection so that the cable would drape behind the screen (and I could keep the wire behind the screen with my hand).

I personally think earphone connection placement is just a petty way for people to compare the iPhone and the Note. I'd rather compare how the Note 4 is actually packaged to be a phablet where the iPhone 6+ is just an iPhone 6 with a gland issue.
    So true the note is a beast of a phone I've and two people that I know return the iphone6 for a note 4

Posted via Android Central App
    11-03-2014 05:05 PM
    For me too, Jack at the bottom of the phone for convenience purpose but it's no big deal.

Previously, I tried two different Bluetooth headphones ranging $20 - $30 and didn't really like the audio quality. I also find it inconvenient especially when half way using & it suddenly ran out of juice. Then I needed to recharge it & there's waiting time. Hence, I was converted to using wired earphones. Maybe I should give it another chance by getting a good set in the $100 range that offers better sound quality & longer battery life (I'm very lazy to recharge).

At present, I prefer wired. At home & office, I'll use my Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBL headphone meanwhile outdoor & on the go, I'll use my small Sony earbuds.

Posted via Tab S 8.4
    11-03-2014 06:41 PM
    As small of a feature of having the headphone jack at the bottom may seem. It actually makes quite a difference.

I use my headphones a lot. And I forgot how convenient it was having the jack at the bottom, until I switched to the note 4.

The wires is now drooping down over the phone, which is more annoying then you think if u use headphones a lot. And I usually put my phone in my pocket top down naturally which now I can't when using headphones.

For people who don't listen to music or talk on the phones with headphones much, I can see why the feature is meaningless. But for me it was a huge difference.
    Yes I also agree putting the phone in your pocket when the jack is on the bottom is so much more comfortable when you take it out of your pocket. Again, not a deal breaker and my ONLY Note 4 complain. It can get rather annoying having to fumble with the headset wire to move it from dangling over the screen OR in the camera's view. Wouldnt have that problem if the headset jack was on the bottom. Anyway, will try out some Bluetooth headphones soon.
    11-03-2014 07:43 PM
    Sounds like you shouldn't have bought the note 4 because you don't like the Jack placement. :-)
    Lol i clearly said it's NOT a deal breaker. (Not sure if your reply was sarcasm, hard to tell via post) ๐Ÿ˜‘
    11-03-2014 07:59 PM
    For me too, Jack at the bottom of the phone for convenience purpose but it's no big deal.

Previously, I tried two different Bluetooth headphones ranging $20 - $30 and didn't really like the audio quality. I also find it inconvenient especially when half way using & it suddenly ran out of juice. Then I needed to recharge it & there's waiting time. Hence, I was converted to using wired earphones. Maybe I should give it another chance by getting a good set in the $100 range that offers better sound quality & longer battery life (I'm very lazy to recharge).

At present, I prefer wired. At home & office, I'll use my Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBL headphone meanwhile outdoor & on the go, I'll use my small Sony earbuds.

Posted via Tab S 8.4
    I bought some LG Tone bluetooth earphones the other day for $40 (as a backup pair for my Jaybird Bluebuds X) and while the sound won't blow you away like a THX certified surround sound unit, they're decent. Current bluetooth units are much better than units from just a few years ago.
    11-03-2014 08:02 PM
    I bought some LG Tone bluetooth earphones the other day for $40 (as a backup pair for my Jaybird Bluebuds X) and while the sound won't blow you away like a THX certified surround sound unit, they're decent. Current bluetooth units are much better than units from just a few years ago.
    Ok I'll check it out & give Bluetooth headset another (last) chance. How long does your battery last (estimate play hours)? I'm not looking at a high end headset. As you said, just a decent one as long as with acceptable audio quality & bass.

In general, will the new Bluetooth headset sounds as good as the wired earphones assuming they are both in the same price range, say $50? There's many arguments that wireless simply can't match the audio quality of wired.
    11-03-2014 08:50 PM
    Ok I'll check it out & give Bluetooth headset another (last) chance. How long does your battery last (estimate play hours)? I'm not looking at a high end headset. As you said, just a decent one as long as with acceptable audio quality & bass.

In general, will the new Bluetooth headset sounds as good as the wired earphones assuming they are both in the same price range, say $50? There's many arguments that wireless simply can't match the audio quality of wired.
    Back around 2007 I bought my first pair of Jaybird bluetooth earphones and while that pair cost me close to $300, the sound back then was much better than what was typical for other bluetooth devices, but then again at close to $300, they'd better be. I bought my Bluebuds about 2 years ago and those were a slight improvement on the previous generation. I think they worked mostly on compacting the design while retaining if not improving upon the sound. I get about 6+ hours on the Bluebuds and haven't used my LG bluetooth headset long enough to get an idea of how long they last.

With the holidays rolling around, you may want to see what is offered closer to the end of the year. I found this Cnet article on bluetooth devices that might give you an idea of what's out there and what you can expect as far as sound quality Best stereo Bluetooth headphones of 2014 - CNET . Both the LGs and my Bluebuds are perfectly decent wired headphone replacements delivering I'd say close to 96% of the sound quality without the annoyance of the cord, but I will say the Bluebud X's are just a bit more comfortable as you don't have to wear something on your neck like the LG's design.
    Yk Chin likes this.
    11-03-2014 08:58 PM

Posted via Tab S 8.4

These BT headphones are pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4022545
    Yk Chin likes this.
    11-03-2014 09:24 PM
    Actually I was being serious, funny how many responses you got to your post. It was great toilet reading material, had myself cracking up. Imo, I've had the Jack on the top of my phone since I've had a Jack. Any wires are annoying to me, so unless my phone is sitting on a counter plugged into a stereo, I use Bluetooth. It's a lot simpler. Btw, the note 4 blows away any product Apple has to date.
    What is it that exactly had you cracking up? Just curious, maybe I can get a chuckle out of it too ๐Ÿ˜‚ The Note 4 definitely is better than any Apple product, iPhones are all the same and boring so I agree with ya there, only thing I compared between them was headphone jack placement, which even if the Note 4 had it on the bottom, there would still be people complaining and wanting it on top. Lol gotta love variety! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    11-03-2014 09:45 PM
    I use the headphone everyday almost all day long. They never get in the way and it nice that they are on the opposite side as the USB port.

I can not see any advantage to having the jack on the bottom.
    11-03-2014 09:51 PM
    Those of you saying top is better, have you ever owned a phone with the headphone jack on the bottom? I have a feeling the people who agree with me maybe came from the iPhone? (which is garbage, absolute filth) Feels much more natural I always put my phone upside down in my pocket and when i go to grab it it will be in the right position but I don't know, everyone's different. This clearly proves it lol
    11-03-2014 09:55 PM
    I use the headphone everyday almost all day long. They never get in the way and it nice that they are on the opposite side as the USB port.

I can not see any advantage to having the jack on the bottom.
    I agree. Especially if you use a docking station and listen to music at the same time, -no go-. Or if I decide to jam jam out while I snap pics with the Seek Thermal camera.

only complaint about the note 4 is the headphone jack placement, anyone agree?-d-c.jpg
    Dog and Cat
    11-03-2014 10:20 PM
    Those of you saying top is better, have you ever owned a phone with the headphone jack on the bottom? I have a feeling the people who agree with me maybe came from the iPhone? (which is garbage, absolute filth) Feels much more natural I always put my phone upside down in my pocket and when i go to grab it it will be in the right position but I don't know, everyone's different. This clearly proves it lol
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4018231
    11-03-2014 10:26 PM
    11-03-2014 10:34 PM
    I agree!
    I'm assuming you didn't click on the link.
    11-03-2014 10:35 PM
    I'm assuming you didn't click on the link.
    I'm assuming you trolled, sir.
    11-03-2014 10:38 PM
    I'm assuming you got trolled, sir.
    So you're calling yourself a troll? Ok, that's all I need to know. I'm one of the few people who was taking your thread and opinion seriously. See ya troll.

And btw, I see you edited your comment above to try to change things around, but I quoted your original comment where you admitted trolling me. You asked a question and I directly answered it, thinking you were genuinely asking and wanting an answer, and you admittedly decided to be a troll in response.
    11-03-2014 10:40 PM
87 1234