only complaint about the note 4 is the headphone jack placement, anyone agree?

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I am coming from iPhone which all had the headphone jacks on the top of the phone until I believe the iPhone 5 then they changed the 3.5mm to be on the bottom. It's very annoying at the top because if using headphones then they get in the way of your picture taking, anyone else agree?

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
How the hell does it get in the way taking a photo ?

just turn the phone to what ever way the lead doesn't get in the way and then take the photo.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
As small of a feature of having the headphone jack at the bottom may seem. It actually makes quite a difference.

I use my headphones a lot. And I forgot how convenient it was having the jack at the bottom, until I switched to the note 4.

The wires is now drooping down over the phone, which is more annoying then you think if u use headphones a lot. And I usually put my phone in my pocket top down naturally which now I can't when using headphones.

For people who don't listen to music or talk on the phones with headphones much, I can see why the feature is meaningless. But for me it was a huge difference.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from iPhone which all had the headphone jacks on the top of the phone until I believe the iPhone 5 then they changed the 3.5mm to be on the bottom. It's very annoying at the top because if using headphones then they get in the way of your picture taking, anyone else agree?

No one uses a cable when there is Bluetooth. And when the iphones had it on top everyone whined about phones with the jack on the bottom. DAH!

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
We're not talking about wireless headsets.

If we were then the jack is meaningless...

All my headphones are wired. Which is why the jack at the bottom was a convenient feature.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
As cheap as bluetooth earphones/headphones are now, I rarely plug into wired headphones. Even in the rare instances where I do plug in earphones, I never thought the connection on top was that big an issue. If the wire was draped over the front of the screen, I'd just twist the connection so that the cable would drape behind the screen (and I could keep the wire behind the screen with my hand).

I personally think earphone connection placement is just a petty way for people to compare the iPhone and the Note. I'd rather compare how the Note 4 is actually packaged to be a phablet where the iPhone 6+ is just an iPhone 6 with a gland issue.

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
As cheap as bluetooth earphones/headphones are now, I rarely plug into wired headphones. Even in the rare instances where I do plug in earphones, I never thought the connection on top was that big an issue. If the wire was draped over the front of the screen, I'd just twist the connection so that the cable would drape behind the screen (and I could keep the wire behind the screen with my hand).

I personally think earphone connection placement is just a petty way for people to compare the iPhone and the Note. I'd rather compare how the Note 4 is actually packaged to be a phablet where the iPhone 6+ is just an iPhone 6 with a gland issue.
Bluetooth headsets are more expensive then wired.

I use beats by dre and bose, and honestly wired is more convenient. I have a pair of beats wireless and they are cool for a while, until u run into those times where u forget to charge them.

jack placement is not necessarily a deal breaker, but it sure is a great feature for people who use headphones a lot.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth headsets are more expensive then wired.

I use beats by dre and bose, and honestly wired is more convenient. I have a pair of beats wireless and they are cool for a while, until u run into those times where u forget to charge them.

jack placement is not necessarily a deal breaker, but it sure is a great feature for people who use headphones a lot.

Price has come down considerably, and if you are annoyed by the cord due to the placement of the headphone jack, I definitely recommend them. Here's a pair for under $11.00 if you have a promo code (Google is your friend!) Amazon.com: Buying Choices: BW® Sports N2 Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset Earbuds with Mic Handsfree Sweatproof Moistureproof In-ear Earphone For Samsung, iPhone, LG, iPad, PC and All Bluetooth enabled devices (black)

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Price has come down considerably, and if you are annoyed by the cord due to the placement of the headphone jack, I definitely recommend them. Here's a pair for under $11.00 if you have a promo code (Google is your friend!)

Sure. For people who do not use headphones much. Going with a $20 pair of dispensable headsets is an option.

But for those who use headphones in the $200-$400 range, we're talking different ballparks.

I use headphones a lot. For those who use it occasionally at home and what not, would not see the benefits of the jack placements in contrast to someone who uses it everywhere.

I'm not saying the jack placement is a HUGE deal. Again it's just a convenience feature.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I prefer it at the top. I don't like having my phone upside down in my pocket. At the bottom feels awkward. But after using galaxy phones for the past 2.5 years I'm used to having it at the bottom.

Posted from my S5

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It is 50-50. I would prefer to have the jack on the top. With my phone in my pocket the jack on top is best otherwise it would be upside-down in my pocket. If I really want good audio wired Sennhieser headphones are the only way to go, those BT should not even be called music in comparison.

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I prefer it at the top. I don't like having my phone upside down in my pocket. At the bottom feels awkward. But after using galaxy phones for the past 2.5 years I'm used to having it at the bottom.

Posted from my S5
Most people put there phones in top first. Otherwise ur flipping ur phone when u put it in to ur pocket and then flipping it again to use it when pulling it out.

Unless ur awkwardly going to slide ur phone into ur pocket, bottom side first.

Personal preference tho , I honestly enjoyed the jack at the bottom since it made my lifestyle easier.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Sure. For people who do not use headphones much. Going with a $20 pair of dispensable headsets is an option.

But for those who use headphones in the $200-$400 range, we're talking different ballparks.

I use headphones a lot. For those who use it occasionally at home and what not, would not see the benefits of the jack placements in contrast to someone who uses it everywhere.

I'm not saying the jack placement is a HUGE deal. Again it's just a convenience feature.

Using $200-$400 headphones to listen to MP3s and arguing that cheap bluetooth earphones won't cut it is somewhat laughable. If you were listening to music from a much better source then your argument would be valid. I have yet to hear ANY MP3 item from ANY MP3 source that sounds cleaner than some of the older technologies (LPs for instance with a true diamond tipped needle). You might as well use $10,000 tires on a Yugo.

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Using $200-$400 headphones to listen to MP3s and arguing that cheap bluetooth earphones won't cut it is somewhat laughable. If you were listening to music from a much better source then your argument would be valid. I have yet to hear ANY MP3 item from ANY MP3 source that sounds cleaner than some of the older technologies (LPs for instance with a true diamond tipped needle). You might as well use $10,000 tires on a Yugo.
There is a huge difference between the headphones. Noise canceling and sound quality wise. Especially if u want a lot of bass. But for those who don't listen to music much, this is not understandable to u.

I walk in the city everyday. I usually have a jacket on. I slide my phone into my coat pocket in and out consistently. Having the jack at the bottom makes this process easier.

Try it walking around in ur home. The drooping wire over the screen and putting in the phone bottom first gets annoying after a while.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
There is a huge difference between the headphones. Noise canceling and sound quality wise. Especially if u want a lot of bass. But for those who don't listen to music much, this is not understandable to u.

I walk in the city everyday. I usually have a jacket on. I slide my phone into my coat pocket in and out consistently. Having the jack at the bottom makes this process easier.

Try it walking around in ur home. The drooping wire over the screen and putting in the phone bottom first gets annoying after a

Posted via the Android Central App

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
You obviously have not heard your phone with a high-end set of headphones. You would not say such blaspheme. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer