only complaint about the note 4 is the headphone jack placement, anyone agree?

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
As small of a feature of having the headphone jack at the bottom may seem. It actually makes quite a difference.

I use my headphones a lot. And I forgot how convenient it was having the jack at the bottom, until I switched to the note 4.

The wires is now drooping down over the phone, which is more annoying then you think if u use headphones a lot. And I usually put my phone in my pocket top down naturally which now I can't when using headphones.

For people who don't listen to music or talk on the phones with headphones much, I can see why the feature is meaningless. But for me it was a huge difference.

Yes I also agree putting the phone in your pocket when the jack is on the bottom is so much more comfortable when you take it out of your pocket. Again, not a deal breaker and my ONLY Note 4 complain. It can get rather annoying having to fumble with the headset wire to move it from dangling over the screen OR in the camera's view. Wouldnt have that problem if the headset jack was on the bottom. Anyway, will try out some Bluetooth headphones soon.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
For me too, Jack at the bottom of the phone for convenience purpose but it's no big deal.

Previously, I tried two different Bluetooth headphones ranging $20 - $30 and didn't really like the audio quality. I also find it inconvenient especially when half way using & it suddenly ran out of juice. Then I needed to recharge it & there's waiting time. Hence, I was converted to using wired earphones. Maybe I should give it another chance by getting a good set in the $100 range that offers better sound quality & longer battery life (I'm very lazy to recharge).

At present, I prefer wired. At home & office, I'll use my Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBL headphone meanwhile outdoor & on the go, I'll use my small Sony earbuds.

Posted via Tab S 8.4

I bought some LG Tone bluetooth earphones the other day for $40 (as a backup pair for my Jaybird Bluebuds X) and while the sound won't blow you away like a THX certified surround sound unit, they're decent. Current bluetooth units are much better than units from just a few years ago.

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought some LG Tone bluetooth earphones the other day for $40 (as a backup pair for my Jaybird Bluebuds X) and while the sound won't blow you away like a THX certified surround sound unit, they're decent. Current bluetooth units are much better than units from just a few years ago.

Ok I'll check it out & give Bluetooth headset another (last) chance. How long does your battery last (estimate play hours)? I'm not looking at a high end headset. As you said, just a decent one as long as with acceptable audio quality & bass.

In general, will the new Bluetooth headset sounds as good as the wired earphones assuming they are both in the same price range, say $50? There's many arguments that wireless simply can't match the audio quality of wired.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'll check it out & give Bluetooth headset another (last) chance. How long does your battery last (estimate play hours)? I'm not looking at a high end headset. As you said, just a decent one as long as with acceptable audio quality & bass.

In general, will the new Bluetooth headset sounds as good as the wired earphones assuming they are both in the same price range, say $50? There's many arguments that wireless simply can't match the audio quality of wired.

Back around 2007 I bought my first pair of Jaybird bluetooth earphones and while that pair cost me close to $300, the sound back then was much better than what was typical for other bluetooth devices, but then again at close to $300, they'd better be. I bought my Bluebuds about 2 years ago and those were a slight improvement on the previous generation. I think they worked mostly on compacting the design while retaining if not improving upon the sound. I get about 6+ hours on the Bluebuds and haven't used my LG bluetooth headset long enough to get an idea of how long they last.

With the holidays rolling around, you may want to see what is offered closer to the end of the year. I found this Cnet article on bluetooth devices that might give you an idea of what's out there and what you can expect as far as sound quality Best stereo Bluetooth headphones of 2014 - CNET . Both the LGs and my Bluebuds are perfectly decent wired headphone replacements delivering I'd say close to 96% of the sound quality without the annoyance of the cord, but I will say the Bluebud X's are just a bit more comfortable as you don't have to wear something on your neck like the LG's design.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
For me too, Jack at the bottom of the phone for convenience purpose but it's no big deal.

Previously, I tried two different Bluetooth headphones ranging $20 - $30 and didn't really like the audio quality. I also find it inconvenient especially when half way using & it suddenly ran out of juice. Then I needed to recharge it & there's waiting time. Hence, I was converted to using wired earphones. Maybe I should give it another chance by getting a good set in the $100 range that offers better sound quality & longer battery life (I'm very lazy to recharge).

At present, I prefer wired. At home & office, I'll use my Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBL headphone meanwhile outdoor & on the go, I'll use my small Sony earbuds.

Posted via Tab S 8.4

These BT headphones are pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4022545

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Actually I was being serious, funny how many responses you got to your post. It was great toilet reading material, had myself cracking up. Imo, I've had the Jack on the top of my phone since I've had a Jack. Any wires are annoying to me, so unless my phone is sitting on a counter plugged into a stereo, I use Bluetooth. It's a lot simpler. Btw, the note 4 blows away any product Apple has to date. ;)

What is it that exactly had you cracking up? Just curious, maybe I can get a chuckle out of it too 😂 The Note 4 definitely is better than any Apple product, iPhones are all the same and boring so I agree with ya there, only thing I compared between them was headphone jack placement, which even if the Note 4 had it on the bottom, there would still be people complaining and wanting it on top. Lol gotta love variety! 😊

Eric Pr

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I use the headphone everyday almost all day long. They never get in the way and it nice that they are on the opposite side as the USB port.

I can not see any advantage to having the jack on the bottom.

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Those of you saying top is better, have you ever owned a phone with the headphone jack on the bottom? I have a feeling the people who agree with me maybe came from the iPhone? (which is garbage, absolute filth) Feels much more natural I always put my phone upside down in my pocket and when i go to grab it it will be in the right position but I don't know, everyone's different. This clearly proves it lol

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I use the headphone everyday almost all day long. They never get in the way and it nice that they are on the opposite side as the USB port.

I can not see any advantage to having the jack on the bottom.

I agree. Especially if you use a docking station and listen to music at the same time, -no go-. Or if I decide to jam jam out while I snap pics with the Seek Thermal camera.

D-C.jpg
Dog and Cat

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Those of you saying top is better, have you ever owned a phone with the headphone jack on the bottom? I have a feeling the people who agree with me maybe came from the iPhone? (which is garbage, absolute filth) Feels much more natural I always put my phone upside down in my pocket and when i go to grab it it will be in the right position but I don't know, everyone's different. This clearly proves it lol

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-jack-placement-anyone-agree.html#post4018231

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you got trolled, sir.

So you're calling yourself a troll? Ok, that's all I need to know. I'm one of the few people who was taking your thread and opinion seriously. See ya troll.

And btw, I see you edited your comment above to try to change things around, but I quoted your original comment where you admitted trolling me. You asked a question and I directly answered it, thinking you were genuinely asking and wanting an answer, and you admittedly decided to be a troll in response.

Last edited:

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Going to go ahead with a Bluetooth headset but don't really want to spend more than 45$? One question, is it annoying having to charge them, etcor do they last a while on full charges? Never used a Bluetooth headset

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
There is a huge difference between the headphones. Noise canceling and sound quality wise. Especially if u want a lot of bass. But for those who don't listen to music much, this is not understandable to u.
I guess if you measure the quality of headphones by "A lot of bass", then our definition of "quality headphones/earphones" is different. To me it's all about sound reproduction and sound fidelity. Beats by Dre is geared towards more "bass", and IMO is not a quality headphone, but to each his own. Anyone can manufacture bass. It takes great engineering to reproduce the detail in the music.
Haha, you beat me to it. I was laughing at the ridiculous characterization of "a lot of bass" as "high quality." :rolleyes:

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Haha, you beat me to it. I was laughing at the ridiculous characterization of "a lot of bass" as "high quality." :rolleyes:

Better headphones do have better bass quality. He's probably referring to the quality, not quantity. He's comparing btw a wired headphone vs a Bluetooth (wireless) headset. In general, most folks' perception is that wired headphone is better than wireless ones but as some of you have pointed out, with today's technology & engineering, wireless headphones could be as good as wired headphones if not better.