11-06-2014 07:15 PM
61 123
tools
    I tried this, what else I open still has that hovering over. I just figured out how to do, by long pressing the bubble and then the option pops up...I'd rather not take this extra step though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2014 01:24 PM
    Question:

I don't know how to import music from my iTunes library to my Note 4. I don't like the idea of streaming my music via Google Play Music, so I downloaded PowerAmp and don't know how to import stuff. I'm using a Mac desktop and when I connect the Note via USB, only a CD disk icon shows up nothing else. Inside that CD disk icon is Verizon crap. Please advice.
    11-06-2014 01:31 PM
    There are multiple ways to get iTunes on an Android - Double Twist, for example. I have never used Power Amp.

But with an Android, sooner or later you'll find that having your music in Google's cloud is more convenient than having it in Apple's cloud. Here's how to transfer it:

Install Google Music Manager on your Mac. Then you can set it to automatically upload everything in the iTunes program to your Google Account (do that part overnight - it's slow). Then you can open Google Play Music on the phone and download selections or playlists from your library (or all of it if you have the space) to your phone. Then you can listen without streaming.
    11-06-2014 01:49 PM
    Thanks KC, I did that about a week ago but then my Note wanted to download one song at a time and it was taking FOREVER. So I cancelled it. Is there a way to import it quicker than downloading it wirelessly? Like with iPHone I can just plug via USG and sync - boom - done.
    11-06-2014 01:53 PM
    No, I don't think so. The reason is that iTunes in many ways is a very old-fashioned desktop hard disk kind of program. The endless downloading has already happened. Google, on the other hand, is completely cloud with little or no traditional "programs" on your hard drive.

But the Google Play interface should let you work with albums and playlists, not just one song at a time. But the slow download is best overnight.
    11-06-2014 02:05 PM
    11-06-2014 02:20 PM
    I really appreciate your time and help, KC. Thank you.
    11-06-2014 02:47 PM
    I too am still having the iTunes issue. All my songs are there, but I can't get my 20 something Playlist ported over.

Google play option is ok, but I don't want to use data to listen my local music.

11-06-2014 03:04 PM
    For initial transfer from an iPhone that was backed up to iTunes, Samsung Smart Switch is a good option. If you want to keep things in sync with iTunes the app "iSyncr" is a good option, you can use it over usb or they have a wifi wireless add on option as well.
    logik brooklyn likes this.
    11-06-2014 04:36 PM
    Double twist worked perfect...thanks kc

11-06-2014 05:33 PM
    For everyone new to Google music... Google does not have to stream your feature. It allows you to download the music to your phone. It doesn't actually save to your phone but it saves to the app. It doesn't actually download them but it caches them for later use. You just have to press downloaded only in the app and only the music you have on the phone will be playable. Nothing will be streamed.
    11-06-2014 07:15 PM
61 123