7 year iphone guy switched to a Note 4

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I was brainwashed as well. I had tons of music on my 64gb iPhone 5 that's no longer on my external hd because I had to erase it for some strange reason. As of now I just buckled down and purchased iMazing a program for my Mac to transfer between devices and/or computers. Costs $30 but I figure that's the cost of 2 or 3 albums nowadays and I didn't want to loose everything. For what was on my Macbook, I used Kies to do the transfer.

Welcome to Android! I've had every generation of the iPhone and admit that I was sucked it. Now, I no longer feel limited. I've been on my phone all day long, mind you I've been up since 4am, have not charged it at all and my battery still has 28% left on it.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have my Facebook set to not give me any notifications, yet I'm still getting g badge icons when someone comments or something like that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have my Facebook set to not give me any notifications, yet I'm still getting g badge icons when someone comments or something like that.

It is still probably syncing. There should be app specific setting for Facebook. Try lowering the sync interval.

Sent from an AOSP M8

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have it off.

Off topic, but for such a great camera, this thing takes pretty terrible low light photos UNLESS the flash is on...or is it something I'm doing wrong?

In a medium lit, not bright room they come out fuzzy unless I force the flash.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
As far as being able to MAKE playlist...yea I know I can remake them, I just dont want too lol.

Run Google Music Manager on your MAC/PC and it will duplicate your iTunes playlists for you, which will then show up in Google Play Music on all your devices.

TizenGears

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes the same here I tried to used other apps instead of Samsung TouchWiz but ultimately I go back to it, its ok much better than other apps

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Whats up everyone,

As the title says, after being a long time apple user (sure...fanboy :), I finally took the plunge. In the last 7 years, I did try the first galaxy, and returned it, and then the note 2, which i also returned..but i really liked that phone. Always been interested in the "phablet" market, but when apple released the plus and didnt put a true multi task support, and take advantage of that huge screen i knew it was time to go.

So far I'm loving this phone, its pretty damn incredible....touch wiz is little meh, but I can deal with it. I do have a few questions that I tried searching, but couldnt find a solid answer, hopefully you guys can help out.

1. The battery is amazing, I get basically a full days use, so I'm not complaining. However last night I went to bed at 34% (i think) and I figured no reason to charge...I woke up on like 13%....is this a notification thing?
2.When playing music, is there a way to get the music to stop pausing for a second when i receive a text?
3.Is there a better gallery app than samsung for photos, or should I just stick with stock? Not that its terrible...but I'm just used to how the iphone organized it, so I was curious if something similar was possible.
4. Is there any way to adjust the senstivity on this thing? The screen and even the buttons (not the physical home button) are extremely, overly touchy. It's such a big phone that sometimes I accidentally palm something near the bottom while reaching, and i end up hitting something I didn't want to.

4. Last and most important.....

I did a ton of searching on how to port my direct itunes playlist on this phone, and came up with so many different things, that I didnt know what to believe. Theres a ton of apps you have to buy that do it for you, which I'd honestly rather not do if there is a free way to do it. I tried the exporting playlist file method, where you drop it into the music folder on the device, but that gave me no luck...any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post lol...but I was stuck in the iCloud for so long I feel like it dumbed me down a little bit lol.

Thanks,
Rocco

I salute you, my friend. I made the same decision two weeks ago. iPhones just got too "repetitive" i guess? Every single iPhone looks the same, **** got boring, Android is so powerful especially rooted. I love turning the brightness to max and watching that gorgeous screen, the best screen at the moment at least. Good choice

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Whats up everyone,

As the title says, after being a long time apple user (sure...fanboy :), I finally took the plunge. In the last 7 years, I did try the first galaxy, and returned it, and then the note 2, which i also returned..but i really liked that phone. Always been interested in the "phablet" market, but when apple released the plus and didnt put a true multi task support, and take advantage of that huge screen i knew it was time to go.

So far I'm loving this phone, its pretty damn incredible....touch wiz is little meh, but I can deal with it. I do have a few questions that I tried searching, but couldnt find a solid answer, hopefully you guys can help out.

1. The battery is amazing, I get basically a full days use, so I'm not complaining. However last night I went to bed at 34% (i think) and I figured no reason to charge...I woke up on like 13%....is this a notification thing?
2.When playing music, is there a way to get the music to stop pausing for a second when i receive a text?
3.Is there a better gallery app than samsung for photos, or should I just stick with stock? Not that its terrible...but I'm just used to how the iphone organized it, so I was curious if something similar was possible.
4. Is there any way to adjust the senstivity on this thing? The screen and even the buttons (not the physical home button) are extremely, overly touchy. It's such a big phone that sometimes I accidentally palm something near the bottom while reaching, and i end up hitting something I didn't want to.

4. Last and most important.....

I did a ton of searching on how to port my direct itunes playlist on this phone, and came up with so many different things, that I didnt know what to believe. Theres a ton of apps you have to buy that do it for you, which I'd honestly rather not do if there is a free way to do it. I tried the exporting playlist file method, where you drop it into the music folder on the device, but that gave me no luck...any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post lol...but I was stuck in the iCloud for so long I feel like it dumbed me down a little bit lol.

Thanks,
Rocco
Hey I switched from the iPhone as well.
I recommend you install and use Google Music on your computer and upload all your music as far as the pausing I think If you silent all notifications it won't pause

matta2k

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I also switched from iPhone after 4+ years. I wanted a large screen phone, but the iPhone 6 Plus did not thrill me with its dimensions and design. Immediately, I missed the notification bubbles on my icons. I installed Nova Launcher and the TeslaUnread plugin so now I can see unread messages on every app, not only e-mail and Facebook but GroupMe, Textfree, Steam, XBOX Smartglass, PlayStation... all my social apps. Then I installed NiLS so that notifications would be displayed on my lockscreen. There are a lot of lockscreen mods, so I may switch to something more minimalist later. Oh, and Image 2 Live let me tweak the Bing wallpapers I've downloaded so they scroll in conjunction with Nova Launcher. It makes scrolling through my screens more entertaining. :)

justpastfinish

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
In regards to battery, I saw your screenshot and you had nfc on. If you're not using nfc for mobile payments or something disable it as its a huge battery hog. Settings > more networks > nfc = disable.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Quick question, it may sound like a stupid one, but I can't figure this out for the life of me

If I'm viewing a picture that was taken in landscape mode, does the phone not automatically adjust the photo to view it as the picture was taken? I can only view them portrait style unless I click on rotate left or right.

No my screen rotation is not locked either.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, it may sound like a stupid one, but I can't figure this out for the life of me

If I'm viewing a picture that was taken in landscape mode, does the phone not automatically adjust the photo to view it as the picture was taken? I can only view them portrait style unless I click on rotate left or right.

No my screen rotation is not locked either.

Do you have screen rotation on? If you take the photo in landscape I usually turn the phone landscape to view it .. That way it fits how it was taken :).

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Another recommendation for QuickPic. Very handy when going through your pictures.

Nova Launcher is practically a must have. I have a bunch of friends with the iPhone 6 that were amazed by how much I could customize my home screen.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
With nova will I lose functionality like multi window etc? If not, what actually will be lost?

Also I asked this in another thread, but I guess I sort of thread jacked...with third party keyboards like google, etc, do you lose the ability for one handed use where the keyboard left or right justifies? I tried the Google keyboard and it wouldn't let me do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze