This is my first attempt connecting to any phones to my home printer. I keep getting the message that it's searching; see the attached pic. I have the HP PSC 1209 all in one printer. Perhaps it doesn't work cuz it's an old printer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails How do we connect to our printer with our phone?-1414945919619.jpg  
    11-02-2014 10:32 AM
    It should be pretty straight forward. Is your printer connected to the same wifi network as your note?
    JonnyKs likes this.
    11-02-2014 10:36 AM
    Honestly, even though these phones have printing baked right in, I find that I have better luck using printershare.

Google cloud print works nice as well, but my PC had to be on for it to print. Might just be in the way I set it up though.

Sent from my Note 4
    11-02-2014 10:45 AM
    Go to the Google Play store and type in your HP model #. There are various HP printer apps so you may need to download a different version. Also, as the previous poster said, make sure they're both on the same wireless network.
    JonnyKs likes this.
    11-02-2014 10:46 AM
    Thanks folks, but my phone is still trying to search for the printer to add. I even downloaded Google Cloud Print on my pc. What should I do next? And yes, already have connected to the same WiFi.
    11-02-2014 11:28 AM
    Thanks folks, but my phone is still trying to search for the printer to add. I even downloaded Google Cloud Print on my pc. What should I do next? And yes, already have connected to the same WiFi.
    Here's a pic of my printer.
    Attached Thumbnails How do we connect to our printer with our phone?-1414949653517.jpg  
    11-02-2014 11:34 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/search...printer&c=apps Try any of these apps (preferably some with the best reviews). I don't figure all pre-installed apps will work right out of the box.
    11-02-2014 12:28 PM
    I did nothing,, they both on same WiFi, I wanted to print something and I went menu, print,, my printer popped up, chose it and bam, went into other room where my printer is and there was my print

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!
    11-02-2014 12:47 PM
    The two built in printer apps are for compatible HP & Samsung printers. I think the key word there is compatible because the printer has to be able to communicate with the phone. I think it's more than just using the same wifi network. If your printer is several years old it may not have the ability to communicate with the phone. I'm thinking that just because you can use your printer wirelessly w/ your PC doesn't mean it will work with your smartphone. I have a Brother printer so I haven't looked closely at the Samsung & HP apps but my guess is they tell you which printer models work.
    11-02-2014 01:00 PM
    No problems using printershare with a printer on the same network. Cloud print also works but the pc had to be on if the printer is not cloud ready.
    JonnyKs likes this.
    11-02-2014 02:04 PM
    The two built in printer apps are for compatible HP & Samsung printers. I think the key word there is compatible because the printer has to be able to communicate with the phone. I think it's more than just using the same wifi network. If your printer is several years old it may not have the ability to communicate with the phone. I'm thinking that just because you can use your printer wirelessly w/ your PC doesn't mean it will work with your smartphone. I have a Brother printer so I haven't looked closely at the Samsung & HP apps but my guess is they tell you which printer models work.
    Yup. They have to be compatible.
    No problems using printershare with a printer on the same network. Cloud print also works but the pc had to be on if the printer is not cloud ready.
    That's what's nice about printershare. It'll download drivers for your printer.

If you want to use Google cloud print, you need the cloud print app (or a third party app that supports cloud print).

Sent from my Note 4
    11-02-2014 02:33 PM
    Whatever you want to print, click the quick connect button and see if the printer pops up there
    11-02-2014 03:11 PM
    This is my first attempt connecting to any phones to my home printer. I keep getting the message that it's searching; see the attached pic. I have the HP PSC 1209 all in one printer. Perhaps it doesn't work cuz it's an old printer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I had the same issue, I went to the Playstore and updated the HP Print service plugin. And it worked after that.
    11-03-2014 09:25 AM
    He folks. So my issue was actually a really old printer, so I recently bought a newer HP printer, all in one for $50 at Staples. Everything is fine now, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails How do we connect to our printer with our phone?-1417185431611.jpg  
    11-28-2014 08:37 AM
    I was thinking that it was the printer.

Posted from my Note 4 baby.
    11-28-2014 08:48 AM
    i looked at your printer it doesn't have wifi or network built in are you plugged into a router that has USB?
    11-28-2014 09:01 AM
    i looked at your printer it doesn't have wifi or network built in are you plugged into a router that has USB?
    Actually this printer does have wifi and it is entirely wireless. I am not plugged into a router that has USB although it has that option too.
    11-28-2014 10:08 AM
    I did nothing,, they both on same WiFi, I wanted to print something and I went menu, print,, my printer popped up, chose it and bam, went into other room where my printer is and there was my print

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!
    What printer do you have? I haven't bought one yet and want to get the one that's easiest to work with Note 4.
    02-24-2015 08:50 AM
    10-16-2016 09:30 PM
    Re: wireless printing via smartphone!!! After much searching tech sites re: this issue to no avail... I almost gave up but finally tried this and it is working for me. I have no internet connection at home and no wifi. However I was finally able to get the printer to communicate with phone (wireless - I bought the Epson 330). Anyway I first connected the printer (via) phone thru xfinity (free WiFi connection for a few minutes without account) the printer was able to connect long enough to register itself online and obtain IP address. This was the first crucial step. I printed out the IP address and then by using my phone as a HOT SPOT, it allowed the printer to communicate with my phone and it worked!!!! I can print from my PHONE!!!!!':-) :-) :-)
    10-16-2016 09:42 PM
    See #20
    10-16-2016 10:07 PM
    10-16-2016 10:10 PM
    RE: wireless printing via smartphone!!! After much searching tech sites re: this issue to no avail... I almost gave up but finally tried this and it is working for me. I have no internet connection at home and no wifi. However I was finally able to get the printer to communicate with phone (wireless - I bought the Epson 330). Anyway I first connected the printer (via) phone thru xfinity (free WiFi connection for a few minutes without account) the printer was able to connect long enough to register itself online and obtain IP address. This was the first crucial step. I printed out the IP address and then by using my phone as a HOT SPOT, it allowed the printer to communicate with my phone and it worked!!!! I can print from my PHONE!!!!!':-) :-) :-)
    10-16-2016 10:13 PM