samsung browser vs chrome - which and why?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the stock browser for most things also. I do use Firefox for a few things however. Firefox is the only browser I could find that works really well with Cisco Call Manager and Unity. This allows for administration of my phone system while mobile. Firefox also works really well with Flash if needed.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

You said CCM. Aiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Dolphin browser, with jet pack and adobe flash player. All are free. I've been using Dolphin for years and have No plans on changing...it's that good

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You said CCM. Aiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lol, yes I did. I have to say it's a lot more fun to deal with than having to put up with or be at the mercy of the phone company.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung browser vs come - which and why?

Thank you. Apparently, this was already on my Note 4 as when I looked it up in play store it said 'update' LOL

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Lol, yes I did. I have to say it's a lot more fun to deal with than having to put up with or be at the mercy of the phone company.

Yeah. I agree.

I just prefer different platforms to do that.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I find that chrome browser is buggy and laggy when scrolling. I have switched back to Samsung browser and its much smoother. Just changed my home page to google.

Posted via the Android Central App

JustCreepin

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I found that "CM Browser" is better then both.
+1

Also, the "Night Mode" is easily accessible, it naturally blocks more Ads than Chrome, and it is very secure. Another big plus is "Night Mode" inverts screen colors, not just dimming your screen. You get white text on a black background, yet your pictures and images retain their "normal" colors. I was looking for that, since it's no longer an option on the stock browser (it was an option on the stock HTC browser I had on my HTC One M7).

I tried Dolphin, but you had to download an additional theme for Night Mode (important for me, if you can't tell) and then it just changed my default search engine. I hate spamware.

Firefox has desktop syncing, Reader mode didn't match up with the Web page I would change to. For example, if I was reading a 2 page article and switched to Reader mode on page 1, I would have to switch back to "regular" (i.e., super bright white background) and select the link to switch to page 2. Then I would have to switch to Reader mode again. Then, if I happened to switch to my homescreen, and pressed the Firefox icon/app, it would still be in Reader mode but on page 1. This was repeated, reproducible behavior. Very annoying.

I liked UC Browser, but it seemed to be limited to 10 tabs, for some reason.

Both CM Browser and UC Browser were extremely quick and "light".

Gcorr003

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Neither. The best and most highly reviewed browser for Android is maxthon browser. It let's you tweak many things including full screen, zoom, etc. Not to mention how fast it is. Believe me, maxthon browser.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I feel there no real need for chrome on mobile unless you use chrome on desktop. There are no added benefits other than syncing to desktop chrome. So I'd stick to the Samsung browser if I were you.
Well there's another good reason to use chrome especial for those on limited plan.. You can reduced the data usage like this and it works like a charm

4d7617499017eb86506a8217c21965fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I used to use the Samsung browser on my Note 4 but it seemed to develop a glitch where the screen wouldn't respond so i've moved to Chrome and wouldn't look back. Got fed up of Firefox crashing on my pc also.

jnow007

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Does Chrome have that "BAR" at the bottom where you can go back and forward... I like that bar but Chrome doesn't have it...

the-sandman

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

I use chrome because of syncing with my desktop browser. But the Samsung browser does have the benefits of the S Pen. Probably comes down to giving them both a go and see which one suits you better really.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I still use Chrome cause of the syncing although the stock browser does score better on html5test.com

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I like Chrome, cant think of any issues using it..
Also it pairs with Chromecast just as you would expect it to.. Flawlessly.....

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
For those that say Chrome is faster than their stock browser - do you have any benchmarks? A poster on this thread put up some benchmarks between stock, Chrome, Chrome+the Samsung package and Dolphin and Stock was faster in every test:

Chrome much slower than stock 'internet' bro… | T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

I actually prefer the stock browser, I just wish there was a "dark theme" and an option to remove or move the "home button" that's centered on the bottom of the screen. I can't count how many times I've hit that home button when I'm pressing the phone physical home button to get back to my homescreen.