02-12-2015 12:05 PM
213 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Gents all you need to do is enable developer options and then select limit background processes to 4. Fixed mine. On 66 % with 20 hrs moderate usage yesterday I hadn't done this used it less and 40% at lunchtime (charged in morning)
    I tried this for a few days and didn't notice any difference. Cool tip though
    11-30-2014 08:56 PM
    I tried this for a few days and didn't notice any difference. Cool tip though
    It doesn't necessarily help, and may actually be counterproductive.
    hdhuntr likes this.
    11-30-2014 09:40 PM
    And to add to LaTuFu... GSAM will show you what each app is doing. You have to use the tools in it. The icon that looks like a vacuum cleaner is a place to start. This sounds like something is keeping it awake even when screen is off. If you find a suspect then Google "AppName battery drain" and see if there are obvious returns. That's how I found out about Words with Friends. I started with these threads heard about GSAM and Googled WWF.
    What do we look for? System almost always ends up higher than screen time for me

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2014 09:08 AM
    i tried gsam but discovered that it was giving me the exact same results as the stock battery app when it came to which apps are using the battery. it too just lumps a whole bunch of secret apps into 'android OS' so i wasnt able to tell which app in there is the one that causes the the phone to stay awake. i think its a better app if your phone is rooted though.
    12-01-2014 11:01 AM
    It identifies all the components in there..but without root you can't do anything with the components anyway. Feels like you still aren't seeing all of it.

i tried gsam but discovered that it was giving me the exact same results as the stock battery app when it came to which apps are using the battery. it too just lumps a whole bunch of secret apps into 'android OS' so i wasnt able to tell which app in there is the one that causes the the phone to stay awake. i think its a better app if your phone is rooted though.
    12-01-2014 12:48 PM
    You're not the only one. I have had this phone for 14 days. Started off good. But the other day I had to charge the phone half way through the day. This morning at 4AM it was at 100% fully charged. I woke up 3 hour later and it was at 92%. I'm with ATT. They told me battery looks good so it's gotta be the phone or the charger. The charger makes no sense to me. They told me I might need to manually force-stop the applications that are showing running under Application Manager but not actually displayed in the recently-used apps. I don't have bluetooth running. I have wifi and location service. I even have it on the Power Saver mode. I text lightly. Took one picture. Listened to pandora for 15 minutes (to test it out)... and I was at 25% by the end of the day. While my friend who has the new Note Edge uses 7 hours of pandora, bluetooth, location service, wifi-calling and constantly text and chat and got 70% after all of that usage.

I had a 4S before and this battery life is probably slightly better than that... and the 4S was old and the battery was dying. I'm very disappointed!

I read up on the LG G3 and was considering getting that but I was 1 day shy of the return policy. But the LG G3 had no decrease in battery life after a whole night of sleep. Mine dropped 8% after 3 hrs.
    12-02-2014 08:16 PM
    Yep I'm in the same boat as you. I hate that when I leave it unplugged over night after a fresh reset with 0 apps running, ill wake up with the phone having used 12%. I also hate how i can litteraly watch thr battery die before my eye when im simpky reading email or browsinf. I've learned to live with it.

Its sounds stupid but if you turn off the battery percentage in the settings, it makes you enjoy your phone much more I find.
    12-02-2014 10:43 PM
    One thing i did was started using chrome browser and my battery life shot up.
    12-03-2014 12:32 PM
    I can get barely 11 hours out of my Note 4 with moderate usage. Both GSM and default battery app list the System as draining an absurd amount of power, sometimes 40% in comparison to the screen's 7%.
    I did a full settings factory reset with no obvious results. I have payed careful attention to what is enabled and disabled as far as features go, but even with the phone operating at its bare minimum, I know I could never get the 2 days usage others are claiming on here. Am I the only one with this issue?
    (And yes, I have read the thread up to this point. No help.)
    12-15-2014 10:59 PM
    Am I the only one with this issue?
    (And yes, I have read the thread up to this point. No help.)
    Nope your not. I am deciding just to live with it. Try turning off your battery percentage. It helps me enjoy my phone a bit more.
    12-15-2014 11:27 PM
    I feel so badly for all of you who cannot pin point an issue and stop it. I truly wish I could give you an amazing solution! I feel very fortunate that as you can see earlier in the thread that an old SD card was my spoiler...... I also turned off apps such as flip board, stopped Picasa from syncing, and turned off/got rid of several other apps I wouldn't use. My battery is amazing now.... Sorry I can't help more!
    12-16-2014 12:25 AM
    How much screen on time do you get before you are at 15 percent?
    12-16-2014 12:39 AM
    I am not really well versed as to what the stats mean, but my battery came off the charger at about 9:30am to day and now it is 11:01pm and I am at 37% lots of use tonight. I keep my screen at about 50% and have it awake a lot..... Here are my stats.
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-1418710124367.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-1418710135066.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-1418710146876.jpg  
    12-16-2014 01:09 AM
    I'm the same, about 40 to 45 percent left after a whole day of heavy use. I would start with a battery replacement and see it that's the problem.
    12-16-2014 02:40 AM
    So ure screen time is 3 hours. Meaning you 'used' your phone for only 3 hours before you start dipping into the 30 percentile.
    If ure happy with that then great but to others that is unacceptable when other androids get 8-9 hours (the ones with smaller scrrens) and my friends new blackberry gets 20-24 hours of screen time. (Apples and oranges I know, but still)
    12-16-2014 08:35 AM
    Best battery life of any phone I have ever had.....no tweaks no nothing and after 3 hours I am at 98% with not much screen time (under 30 minutes) but still......I won't have to charge mid day and that's a relief. Probably get home after a 12 hour day at around 80% or so.....
    12-16-2014 11:02 AM
    Best battery life of any phone I have ever had.....no tweaks no nothing and after 3 hours I am at 98% with not much screen time (under 30 minutes) but still......I won't have to charge mid day and that's a relief. Probably get home after a 12 hour day at around 80% or so.....
    Yep. The people getting bad battery life on their Note 4 have something abnormal going on. Rogue apps or wake locks or something.

The battery life on my phone is incredible and I use it a lot.
    Jon Jackson likes this.
    12-16-2014 12:12 PM
    Yep. The people getting bad battery life on their Note 4 have something abnormal going on. Rogue apps or wake locks or something.

The battery life on my phone is incredible and I use it a lot.
    Yep, you nailed it. Almost 5 hours and I am at 97%. 97%!! AMAZING!
    12-16-2014 12:27 PM
    Yep, you nailed it. Almost 5 hours and I am at 97%. 97%!! AMAZING!
    Idle for 5 hours?
    12-16-2014 01:22 PM
    So ure screen time is 3 hours. Meaning you 'used' your phone for only 3 hours before you start dipping into the 30 percentile.
    If ure happy with that then great but to others that is unacceptable when other androids get 8-9 hours (the ones with smaller scrrens) and my friends new blackberry gets 20-24 hours of screen time. (Apples and oranges I know, but still)
    Battery life varies greatly depending on the situation. On a benchmark test, the note 4 is near the top and better than similarly classed Android

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1418754160951.png  
    hdhuntr likes this.
    12-16-2014 01:23 PM
    I need to save this for all the other threads... I LOVE this chart.

Battery life varies greatly depending on the situation. On a benchmark test, the note 4 is near the top and better than similarly classed Android

12-16-2014 01:54 PM
    Idle for 5 hours?
    6 hours now and at 96% and no not completely idle. Checked weather, sent some messages, received messages, etc. Not playing any games on it due to being at work, so not heavy use or even moderate use. Very light use. Last night was moderate to heavy showing a friend for a couple hours but even playing videos, loading up games and using features etc etc, it only dropped 5% or so in two hours.

It's an amazing phone with a very impressive battery.
    12-16-2014 01:55 PM
    dpham00 can you put this attachment in my Battery Check here first thread? Please? Not sure how to do that myself and you should get the credit anyway. The battery life chart if it isn't apparent..
    12-16-2014 01:55 PM
    6 hours now and at 96% and no not completely idle. Checked weather, sent some messages, received messages, etc. Not playing any games on it due to being at work, so not heavy use or even moderate use. Very light use. Last night was moderate to heavy showing a friend for a couple hours but even playing videos, loading up games and using features etc etc, it only dropped 5% or so in two hours.

It's an amazing phone with a very impressive battery.
    That makes sense. I was going to say with some real usage .. no way 5 hours would yield 97% :P.
    GregMargie likes this.
    12-16-2014 04:02 PM

I don't understand the graph. The average is 12 hours of screen on / browsing time? Meaning that you can get over 12 hrs of sot?
    12-16-2014 06:22 PM
213 ... 45678 ...