02-12-2015 12:05 PM
213 ... 56789
tools
    Yep, you nailed it. Almost 5 hours and I am at 97%. 97%!! AMAZING!
    Can you plz post a screen shot of your battery these 6 hours and your screen on time?
    12-16-2014 06:24 PM
    I don't understand the graph. The average is 12 hours of screen on / browsing time? Meaning that you can get over 12 hrs of sot?
    This is in a standardized benchmark test,not a real world situation. But yes you can get over 12 hours SOT, in a typical situations.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-17-2014 02:08 PM
    Let me preface by saying I switched from the iPhone 6 Plus to the Note 4(Verizon).

The battery life has been very underwhelming, especially on standby. When I had the 6+, I could leave it on a fully charged overnight and wake up with 100%, if I do the same with the Note 4 I lose 5-10%. In general, I lose 1-3% an hour in battery if I don't even use my Note 4. I tried all the suggestion in this thread to assist with battery life and it's helped a little(turning off "Always allow scanning" in WiFi has helped the most), but I find it pretty lame you would have to do so much tweaking just to improve your battery life.

The most frustrating thing is watching a 5ish minute youtube clip drains 5% in battery, that's iPhone 5 territory.

I did switch to Nova Launcher since I hated Touchwiz taking up so much RAM, don't know if that might be having a negative effect on the battery life.

The Note 4 is significantly better than the 6+ IMO, I've only had it for 3 days so I hope it's just an issue of the battery having to cycle through rather than this being the long-term battery life expectancy.
    12-17-2014 04:12 PM
    This is in a standardized benchmark test,not a real world situation. But yes you can get over 12 hours SOT, in a typical situations.

Well I'm gonna call shenanigans cause I am going to bet that there is not one person in this entire note 4 community who's gonna be able to post a screenshot of 12+ hrs of screen on time.

But feel free to proove me wrong.
    12-17-2014 06:26 PM
    This is so frustrating. Sitting here for 20 minutes with screen on minimum brightness has dropped me 8%.
    Has anyone had any luck with a full factory reset?
    It's a desperate move, so I don't want to do that if it hasn't helped anyone else, but frankly this is unacceptable.
    My battery drains at least 3x as fast as my friend's GS5 with similar usage.
    12-17-2014 07:17 PM
    GSAM has me averaging -20%~25% per hour with just chrome browsing on min screen brightness.
    Android system, OS, and Chrome are listed as my top 3 battery consumers right now.
    12-17-2014 07:21 PM
    Let me preface by saying I switched from the iPhone 6 Plus to the Note 4(Verizon).

The battery life has been very underwhelming, especially on standby. When I had the 6+, I could leave it on a fully charged overnight and wake up with 100%, if I do the same with the Note 4 I lose 5-10%. In general, I lose 1-3% an hour in battery if I don't even use my Note 4. I tried all the suggestion in this thread to assist with battery life and it's helped a little(turning off "Always allow scanning" in WiFi has helped the most), but I find it pretty lame you would have to do so much tweaking just to improve your battery life.

The most frustrating thing is watching a 5ish minute youtube clip drains 5% in battery, that's iPhone 5 territory.

I too can corroborate this same behavior with my Note 4, so it's not just your device.

I too could leave my blackberry off charger on stand by for 12 hours and not lose even 2%

I'm living with it now but I'm not sure how people have just accepted it. Hypocritical I know
    12-17-2014 07:23 PM
    Battery life seems fine to me:

12-17-2014 09:05 PM
    Post a screenshot of your screen time for those 11 hrs
    12-17-2014 09:10 PM
    Previous to my Note 4, I used a Lumia 1520 (still have it). Compared to the Lumia, the Note 4's battery is garbage but compared to my old iPhone 5 or my current work phone (iphone 4s) it is excellent. And to add, my screen is on 100% brightness 100% of the time.
    12-17-2014 09:13 PM
    Well I'm gonna call shenanigans cause I am going to bet that there is not one person in this entire note 4 community who's gonna be able to post a screenshot of 12+ hrs of screen on time.

But feel free to proove me wrong.
    I want to preface this by saying that this is certainly atypical behavior. But certainly 12 hours SOT is possible.

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1418905976804.jpg  
    12-18-2014 07:34 AM
    I want to preface this by saying that this is certainly atypical behavior. But certainly 12 hours SOT is possible.

I have a note 4 and sorry its not possible.

But feel free to post a screenshot of your 12+ hours of sot if you are so certain
    12-18-2014 08:31 AM
    I have a note 4 and sorry its not possible.

But feel free to post a screenshot of your 12+ hours of sot if you are so certain
    That screen shot proves that it is. 6 hours 50 minutes and 27% of battery used.

12-18-2014 08:48 AM
    I too can corroborate this same behavior with my Note 4, so it's not just your device.

I too could leave my blackberry off charger on stand by for 12 hours and not lose even 2%

I'm living with it now but I'm not sure how people have just accepted it. Hypocritical I know
    It's a shame, because the phone really is great. I'm contemplating if I should return it within my 2 week period for an LG G3 or go back to the iPhone 6+.

Although I already purchased screen protectors and a case not from Verizon.
    12-18-2014 09:51 AM
    It's a shame, because the phone really is great. I'm contemplating if I should return it within my 2 week period for an LG G3 or go back to the iPhone 6+.

Although I already purchased screen protectors and a case not from Verizon.
    6p would be the best bet if idle battery usage is your main concern.

12-18-2014 10:35 AM
    I've had the Note 4 (Verizon) a few weeks now (not quite a month). My battery drain totally depends on a) actual activity on my part, b) background services I have running. One sure drain? Having location on does drain a bit more, and having high accuracy location on drains a LOT. Significantly so. I typically leave my location on power saving mode, I have the phone itself set to power saving mode, and I have Bluetooth always on. My brightness is set to auto. Smart stay is off.

On most days, I unplug the phone from the charger at 6 AM and plug it back in between 9 and 10 PM. The phone usually is 50% battery or more. On days with very heavy usage, it might dip lower into the 20%-35% range, but that's with VERY heavy usage. I have been able to go a full 2 days of light to medium usage without a recharge (just 2 days ago, in fact). If you use the camera, use high accuracy location, use smart stay (which uses front facing camera to try to determine if you're looking at the screen in order to KEEP THE PHONE "ON" automatically), etc., you WILL see more drain.

Sorry, no pretty charts here. Just anecdotal, real world metrics captured by me, as I have been watching this Note 4 battery since getting it. My previous phone (Verizon Galaxy S3) was AWFUL even though it used almost identical configuration, minus Bluetooth, which was only turned on when actually needed, so I had a vested interest in battery life.

I've been very impressed with the Note 4's battery so far.
    12-18-2014 12:15 PM
    6p would be the best bet if idle battery usage is your main concern.

Idle time isn't my main concern, but the rate at which my Note 4 is depleting is concerning.

SOT is more important and I barely get over 2 hours on my Note 4.
    12-18-2014 12:41 PM
    Amazon has the Hyperion 8000 mAh extended battery for 0.01, I'd grab it before it goes back to 39.99. I use extended batteries in all my phones, stock batteries just don't get it for me. Mine is on its way.

via The Note 4
    12-18-2014 12:55 PM
    Idle time isn't my main concern, but the rate at which my Note 4 is depleting is concerning.

SOT is more important and I barely get over 2 hours on my Note 4.
    Something certainly isn't right. Do a factory data reset and remove the sd card, if you have one. Don't install any apps or sign into any accounts . if you are still getting 2 hours SOT with no idle and get good signal then the phone is defective.

12-18-2014 03:37 PM
    Something certainly isn't right. Do a factory data reset and remove the sd card, if you have one. Don't install any apps or sign into any accounts . if you are still getting 2 hours SOT with no idle and get good signal then the phone is defective.

I'm going to give the battery some time before I do that.

Really feel like it's a Verizon issue, I know they released an update a week or so back.
    12-18-2014 05:30 PM
    I'm going to give the battery some time before I do that.

Really feel like it's a Verizon issue, I know they released an update a week or so back.
    If you haven't already taken the update, then 2 would do that.

12-18-2014 05:35 PM
    That screen shot proves that it is. 6 hours 50 minutes and 27% of battery used.

SOT = screen on time. I'd want to see the SOT for those 7 hours
    dpham00 likes this.
    12-18-2014 06:17 PM
    SOT = screen on time. I'd want to see the SOT for those 7 hours
    I underlined it for you.

12-18-2014 10:36 PM
    See attached

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1418960233717.jpg  
    Preach2k likes this.
    12-18-2014 10:37 PM
    See attached

Your os battery says you've used 52% battery but your app says you've used 27%?

Plz post a screen shot of your 12+ hrs of sot from the battery setting. Thx!
    12-18-2014 11:33 PM
213 ... 56789