02-12-2015 11:05 AM
213 ... 6789
tools
    Your os battery says you've used 52% battery but your app says you've used 27%?

Plz post a screen shot of your 12+ hrs of sot from the battery setting. Thx!
    48% was the current battery level. I have it set to measure from last reboot, and my battery was not full at reboot . Again, 27% battery was used in 6 hours 50 minutes SOT. Please download gsam and play with it if you don't understand how it works. I tried explaining it multiple times to you already.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-19-2014 12:01 AM
    If you need a graphical representation from battery monitor widget

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1418969499806.jpg  
    12-19-2014 12:12 AM
    Gsam shows similar but it isn't as clear

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1418969687184.jpg  
    12-19-2014 12:15 AM
    If you need a graphical representation from battery monitor widget

Nope. Plz Goto Your phones 'Settings >system > power saving > screen' and post a non doctored screen shot of you with 12+ hrs of screen on time. Thx!
    12-19-2014 06:55 AM
    Nope. Plz Goto Your phones 'Settings >system > power saving > screen' and post a non doctored screen shot of you with 12+ hrs of screen on time. Thx!
    I didn't come up with that chart, but it came from a very respectable site (that I don't work for am and not in any way affiliated with) . Should you doubt it's accuracy, you can contact said site's editor in chief to discuss further at ryan.smith @ anandtech.com.

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419000551144.png  
    12-19-2014 08:50 AM
    You should probably not have such a complicated phone that allows users to control so many parameters. There's no Verizon issue and giving the battery time is pointless. There is ample data here to support that and there are dozens of solutions in all these threads. It sounds like you'd be more comfortable with an iphone. If you stick with Android you'll hate it if you "feel" like it is a Verizon issue and you'll spend a lot of time with tech support on things you could fix yourself in less time.

I'm going to give the battery some time before I do that.

Really feel like it's a Verizon issue, I know they released an update a week or so back.
    12-19-2014 08:58 AM
    You should probably not have such a complicated phone that allows users to control so many parameters. There's no Verizon issue and giving the battery time is pointless. There is ample data here to support that and there are dozens of solutions in all these threads. It sounds like you'd be more comfortable with an iphone. If you stick with Android you'll hate it if you "feel" like it is a Verizon issue and you'll spend a lot of time with tech support on things you could fix yourself in less time.
    Jeez is such a condescending response really necessary. I'm not some Apple fanboy, I've had Androids in the past and haven't had complaints.

I've read through all the suggestions and it has helped, not discounting what others have offered. It could definitely be a Verizon issue, they load the phones with an incredible amount of bloatware, much of which should be disabled for efficiency and cleanliness.
    12-19-2014 09:55 AM
    I didn't come up with that chart, but it came from a very respectable site (that I don't work for am and not in any way affiliated with) . Should you doubt it's accuracy, you can contact said site's editor in chief to discuss further at ryan.smith @ anandtech.com.

I'm not interested in the chart.

I'm simply asking for you to post a screenshot of your sot for your 7 hours. Thx!
    12-19-2014 10:08 AM
    This phone just works for me. I use it for work and for entertainment sometimes I get more then a day and sometimes I get 14 to 15 hours. I am using Nova Launcher and I did the all the tricks so I will not have any lag or battery issues. There is no need to put each other down or challenge people to see who is right or wrong. If the phone and the battery life works for you fine and if not then you should be here for help to improve your Battery life if it can be helped. If all you have is complaints then get rid of the phone. It is as simple as that.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
    12-19-2014 11:03 AM
    I had only what you said to go by. Bloatware isn't a "Verizon issue". They all do some of it and it's not something you could address with Verizon in the context you used before. It certainly wasn't addressed in the update. It's not condescending just because you don't like it. You would likely have the same battery life most people have if you track down what's using your power. Also in your earlier post you mention RAM. You need to read up on that too. RAM is there to be used in these phones. If you really read all the suggestions in all the threads you'd have great battery life or you'd be replacing one of the few actual bad phones or batteries. Someone else told you one way to know what's going on and the post I addressed was your rejection of it.
    My post isn't 'necessary'. None of it is but you caught me at the wrong moment for you. Your solution is all around you and it's not Verizon's issue and it's not going to go away if you give the battery time.

Jeez is such a condescending response really necessary. I'm not some Apple fanboy, I've had Androids in the past and haven't had complaints.

I've read through all the suggestions and it has helped, not discounting what others have offered. It could definitely be a Verizon issue, they load the phones with an incredible amount of bloatware, much of which should be disabled for efficiency and cleanliness.
    12-19-2014 02:01 PM
    My battery has gotten much worse since the update last week. I used to get about 3.5 hours of on screen time each day, but since the update, I only get about 2.5.

Android System is on top of my battery stats now.

I really wish there was a way we could check wakelocks without root.
    12-19-2014 03:15 PM
    My battery has gotten much worse since the update last week. I used to get about 3.5 hours of on screen time each day, but since the update, I only get about 2.5.

Android System is on top of my battery stats now.

I really wish there was a way we could check wakelocks without root.
    Have you tried a Factory reset? Sometimes that fixes the battery issue after an update.

12-19-2014 06:31 PM
    Have you tried a Factory reset? Sometimes that fixes the battery issue after an update.

Yeah I know but I really really hate factory resetting. I did the work around to get the wakelock detector to work and it showed Facebook with a ton of instances of keeping the CPU awake so I'm guessing that is the problem.

It's weird though because Facebook doesn't even show up in my battery stats.
    12-19-2014 06:53 PM
    Yeah I know but I really really hate factory resetting. I did the work around to get the wakelock detector to work and it showed Facebook with a ton of instances of keeping the CPU awake so I'm guessing that is the problem.

It's weird though because Facebook doesn't even show up in my battery stats.
    What was the workaround you used?
    12-19-2014 08:10 PM
    What was the workaround you used?
    Not the easiest way to use it since it has to be connected to a computer, but it's all we have for now.

https://docs.google.com/presentation...ent?slide=id.p
    12-19-2014 08:27 PM
    I'm not interested in the chart.

I'm simply asking for you to post a screenshot of your sot for your 7 hours. Thx!
    Sneak peak of stats so far. Tomorrow morning should be over 12 hours SOT

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419054564736.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419054571023.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419054576542.jpg  
    12-19-2014 11:49 PM
    Here you go!

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419083712243.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419083718242.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419083724851.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419083730995.jpg  
    Preach2k likes this.
    12-20-2014 07:55 AM
    Here you go!

How?
    12-20-2014 02:18 PM
    I too would like to know how you get 12+ hours of SOT and still have 44% battery left. Wow!
    12-20-2014 03:44 PM
    Battery is on its last leg

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419114672102.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419114710407.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419114720183.jpg  
    12-20-2014 04:32 PM
    Finally died

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419125680417.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419125686759.jpg   Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-uploadfromtaptalk1419125694212.jpg  
    Preach2k likes this.
    12-20-2014 07:34 PM
    How?
    I too would like to know how you get 12+ hours of SOT and still have 44% battery left. Wow!
    Used it as a digital picture frame

Sent from my SM-N900V
    12-20-2014 07:39 PM
    I had only what you said to go by. Bloatware isn't a "Verizon issue". They all do some of it and it's not something you could address with Verizon in the context you used before. It certainly wasn't addressed in the update. It's not condescending just because you don't like it. You would likely have the same battery life most people have if you track down what's using your power. Also in your earlier post you mention RAM. You need to read up on that too. RAM is there to be used in these phones. If you really read all the suggestions in all the threads you'd have great battery life or you'd be replacing one of the few actual bad phones or batteries. Someone else told you one way to know what's going on and the post I addressed was your rejection of it.
    My post isn't 'necessary'. None of it is but you caught me at the wrong moment for you. Your solution is all around you and it's not Verizon's issue and it's not going to go away if you give the battery time.
    It's condescending when you try to belittle someone, especially when I read through the pages in this thread and tried all possible solutions, dismissing none on the way. I mentioned RAM in the context that TouchWiz uses ALOT of it, not so much as it being the reason for poor battery life.

I did go back to Verizon, they gave me a new battery and that was the issue. I've been getting great battery life now. Thanks to all who offered solutions!
    GregMargie likes this.
    12-20-2014 09:28 PM
    Used it as a digital picture frame

Sent from my SM-N900V
    Lol

Your graph you posted said 12+ hrs of Web browsing.

Nice try though
    12-20-2014 09:33 PM
    Lol

Your graph you posted said 12+ hrs of Web browsing.

Nice try though
    Please re read what I said. I said that a benchmark was done 12 hours SOT by a reputable site. Obviously I don't have all the current phones to test myself.

I even provided you with the contact information should you wish more details on the test. Obviously with these tests, they are running a script to load certain pages at specified intervals, so that all phones are tested to the same level.

If you don't believe anandtech, that is fine, but they are one of the most reputable review sites on the net. You are one of the few to question their integrity.

Sent from my SM-N900V
    12-20-2014 10:45 PM
213 ... 6789