02-12-2015 11:05 AM
213 ... 789
tools
    Please re read what I said. I said that a benchmark was done 12 hours SOT by a reputable site. Obviously I don't have all the current phones to test myself.

I even provided you with the contact information should you wish more details on the test. Obviously with these tests, they are running a script to load certain pages at specified intervals, so that all phones are tested to the same level.

If you don't believe anandtech, that is fine, but they are one of the most reputable review sites on the net. You are one of the few to question their integrity.

Sent from my SM-N900V
    Plz post a screenshot of your 12+hrs sot while browsing the Web as per your graph. Thx!
    12-20-2014 11:04 PM
    Plz post a screenshot of your 12+hrs sot while browsing the Web as per your graph. Thx!
    Please re read. As I said above, it is not my graph. If you want a screen shot of sot 12 hours browsing, please contact anandtech at the email address I posted before

Sent from my SM-N900V
    12-20-2014 11:16 PM
    Please re read. As I said above, it is not my graph. If you want a screen shot of sot 12 hours browsing, please contact anandtech at the email address I posted before

Sent from my SM-N900V
    You posted a graph that says it's possible to browse the Web for 12+ hours on a note 4, which is not true.

Unless you can prove otherwise, I suggest you delete the false graph not to misinform others thinking of buying the device. Thx!
    12-21-2014 08:22 AM
    You posted a graph that says it's possible to browse the Web for 12+ hours on a note 4, which is not true.

Unless you can prove otherwise, I suggest you delete the false graph not to misinform others thinking of buying the device. Thx!
    You didn't fully comprehend what I wrote. Please re read my posts above.

Sent from my SM-N900V
    12-21-2014 09:19 AM
    You shouldn't have to turn off wifi to get better battery life, it's 2014. I leave WiFi on 24/7 on my phones, regardless if there is a connection available and it doesn't effect my battery life much at all. I would try returning the phone to a Verizon store, doing a DOA (dead on arrival) and getting a brand new Note 4 before the 6th when your 14 days are up to see if that will correct the problem. I will say, having a Turbo with a smaller screen & bigger battery, I would not get over 24 hours use out of it and I blame that on the 4k screen. It's going to use a lot more battery than any 1080p phone or <720p that the majority of iPhones have.
    This.

If you turn off wifi when not using the phone, it switches to mobile data...which burns a hell of a lot more battery. Having wifi on all the time saves battery. It's been that way for years. I learned that with my Captivate five years ago.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    12-21-2014 10:36 AM
    This.

If you turn off wifi when not using the phone, it switches to mobile data...which burns a hell of a lot more battery. Having wifi on all the time saves battery. It's been that way for years. I learned that with my Captivate five years ago.
    2014 or not, When wifi Is enabled but not connected to a hot-spot , it means it's constantly scanning for a saved hot-spot in the background. This constant searching does drain the battery more so than if it was disabled.

This is always the first tip on every battery thread because unfortunately it's valid
    12-21-2014 11:20 AM
    Your post here rejected the solution offered to you directly. There are around a dozen threads with many solutions. I didn't "try" to "belittle" you. Touchwiz uses a lot. The phone has a lot for that reason. Here's what you said so you don't have to scroll. I didn't say anything about battery life. You came close to it. I am saying that "hating" that it is used means you don't understand it. I am addressing what you said. It isn't "belittling" to do that. You can get something constructive out of this if you choose to. If you don't then maybe someone else will. Finally...the new battery is irrelevant here.
    Interested though in "been getting great battery life now" The longest you could have had it by the time you posted this was 38 hours if you were at Verizon when you sent the Friday AM post. People actually are trying to help here but help involves pointing out errors.

"I did switch to Nova Launcher since I hated Touchwiz taking up so much RAM, don't know if that might be having a negative effect on the battery life."

It's condescending when you try to belittle someone, especially when I read through the pages in this thread and tried all possible solutions, dismissing none on the way. I mentioned RAM in the context that TouchWiz uses ALOT of it, not so much as it being the reason for poor battery life.

I did go back to Verizon, they gave me a new battery and that was the issue. I've been getting great battery life now. Thanks to all who offered solutions!
    12-21-2014 02:07 PM
    2014 or not, When wifi Is enabled but not connected to a hot-spot , it means it's constantly scanning for a saved hot-spot in the background. This constant searching does drain the battery more so than if it was disabled.

This is always the first tip on every battery thread because unfortunately it's valid
    100% untrue.

My phone sits on my desk all day at work. Wifi is turned on, but not connected to any wifi network. It's on mobile data all day. I check it a few times a day, answer a couple emails, msg my wife. Fairly light usage. After 9 hours, it's never below 85% and usually closer to 90%.

This was true with my Galaxy S3. And it was true with my Captivate before that.

The biggest battery killers are screen, poor cell reception, and poorly coded apps.
    12-21-2014 02:48 PM
    I would be willing to bet I can browse the internet for 12+ hours with my new ZeroLemon 10,000mAh battery.

12-21-2014 02:58 PM
    Your post here rejected the solution offered to you directly. There are around a dozen threads with many solutions. I didn't "try" to "belittle" you. Touchwiz uses a lot. The phone has a lot for that reason. Here's what you said so you don't have to scroll. I didn't say anything about battery life. You came close to it. I am saying that "hating" that it is used means you don't understand it. I am addressing what you said. It isn't "belittling" to do that. You can get something constructive out of this if you choose to. If you don't then maybe someone else will. Finally...the new battery is irrelevant here.
    Interested though in "been getting great battery life now" The longest you could have had it by the time you posted this was 38 hours if you were at Verizon when you sent the Friday AM post. People actually are trying to help here but help involves pointing out errors.

"I did switch to Nova Launcher since I hated Touchwiz taking up so much RAM, don't know if that might be having a negative effect on the battery life."
    Dude, why are you looking for an argument? Are you a Verizon employee? You are being a real ******. Get over yourself. Stop getting **** hurt over nothing. Grow up.

P.S. I have a Verizon Note 4. I get horrible battery life, and I know it's Verizon's fault. TouchWiz is a RAM hog and battery killer. I hate this phone.

P.P.S. Are you offended? Are you going to scold me? I hope I made my point.
    02-11-2015 01:28 PM
    I absolutely LOVE the battery life on my Note 4!! This thing seems to last as long as the old zero feature flip phones.
    02-11-2015 03:28 PM
    Post your screen on time for us!
    02-11-2015 07:18 PM
    With the understanding that this is the first real discharge of the battery:

23% battery remaining

TIME ON: 10h 30m
    SCREEN ON: 5h 8m (left it on adaptive)

Top consumers:
    GPS Essentials 22% (tested GPS, apparently it somehow got left turned on)
    Screen 22%
    Android System 15%
    Enklave Alpha 13% (heavy GPS using app)
    Android OS 10%
    Cell standby 3%

Also running Touchdown and MobileIron for work, but those don't even show up as battery consumers.

Most of the time, it's sat in an area with poor-to-moderate cell signal but good WiFi signal, except for the half hour drive to work.

I got it yesterday, charged the battery up to 100%, set it up, then put it back on charge at 70-ish% charge and it was fully charged when I unplugged it early this morning to answer a support call for work.

I'll update this post when this first charge finally gets down to a few percent, then try to estimate things when it shuts itself down and I have to put it on charge again.

----

Update: 5% battery, 12h 18m on, 6h 18m screen-on time. Attached the graph for anyone who may be interested in what was on and when.Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE  BATTERY LIFE-screenshot_2015-02-12-13-45-17.jpg

- 2% battery, 6 hours 40 minutes on screen, 12 hours 41 minutes phone on.
    02-12-2015 11:05 AM
213 ... 789