Galaxy Note 4 Verizon - HORRIBLE BATTERY LIFE

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Best battery life of any phone I have ever had.....no tweaks no nothing and after 3 hours I am at 98% with not much screen time (under 30 minutes) but still......I won't have to charge mid day and that's a relief. Probably get home after a 12 hour day at around 80% or so.....

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Best battery life of any phone I have ever had.....no tweaks no nothing and after 3 hours I am at 98% with not much screen time (under 30 minutes) but still......I won't have to charge mid day and that's a relief. Probably get home after a 12 hour day at around 80% or so.....

Yep. The people getting bad battery life on their Note 4 have something abnormal going on. Rogue apps or wake locks or something.

The battery life on my phone is incredible and I use it a lot.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So ure screen time is 3 hours. Meaning you 'used' your phone for only 3 hours before you start dipping into the 30 percentile.
If ure happy with that then great but to others that is unacceptable when other androids get 8-9 hours (the ones with smaller scrrens) and my friends new blackberry gets 20-24 hours of screen time. (Apples and oranges I know, but still)
Battery life varies greatly depending on the situation. On a benchmark test, the note 4 is near the top and better than similarly classed Android

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418754160951.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418754160951.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 62

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I need to save this for all the other threads... I LOVE this chart.

Battery life varies greatly depending on the situation. On a benchmark test, the note 4 is near the top and better than similarly classed Android

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Idle for 5 hours?

6 hours now and at 96% and no not completely idle. Checked weather, sent some messages, received messages, etc. Not playing any games on it due to being at work, so not heavy use or even moderate use. Very light use. Last night was moderate to heavy showing a friend for a couple hours but even playing videos, loading up games and using features etc etc, it only dropped 5% or so in two hours.

It's an amazing phone with a very impressive battery.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
dpham00 can you put this attachment in my Battery Check here first thread? Please? Not sure how to do that myself and you should get the credit anyway. The battery life chart if it isn't apparent..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
6 hours now and at 96% and no not completely idle. Checked weather, sent some messages, received messages, etc. Not playing any games on it due to being at work, so not heavy use or even moderate use. Very light use. Last night was moderate to heavy showing a friend for a couple hours but even playing videos, loading up games and using features etc etc, it only dropped 5% or so in two hours.

It's an amazing phone with a very impressive battery.

That makes sense. I was going to say with some real usage .. no way 5 hours would yield 97% :p.

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I don't understand the graph. The average is 12 hours of screen on / browsing time? Meaning that you can get over 12 hrs of sot?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the graph. The average is 12 hours of screen on / browsing time? Meaning that you can get over 12 hrs of sot?
This is in a standardized benchmark test,not a real world situation. But yes you can get over 12 hours SOT, in a typical situations.

pchoe

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Let me preface by saying I switched from the iPhone 6 Plus to the Note 4(Verizon).

The battery life has been very underwhelming, especially on standby. When I had the 6+, I could leave it on a fully charged overnight and wake up with 100%, if I do the same with the Note 4 I lose 5-10%. In general, I lose 1-3% an hour in battery if I don't even use my Note 4. I tried all the suggestion in this thread to assist with battery life and it's helped a little(turning off "Always allow scanning" in WiFi has helped the most), but I find it pretty lame you would have to do so much tweaking just to improve your battery life.

The most frustrating thing is watching a 5ish minute youtube clip drains 5% in battery, that's iPhone 5 territory.

I did switch to Nova Launcher since I hated Touchwiz taking up so much RAM, don't know if that might be having a negative effect on the battery life.

The Note 4 is significantly better than the 6+ IMO, I've only had it for 3 days so I hope it's just an issue of the battery having to cycle through rather than this being the long-term battery life expectancy.

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
This is in a standardized benchmark test,not a real world situation. But yes you can get over 12 hours SOT, in a typical situations.

Well I'm gonna call shenanigans cause I am going to bet that there is not one person in this entire note 4 community who's gonna be able to post a screenshot of 12+ hrs of screen on time.

But feel free to proove me wrong.

bgmacklem

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
This is so frustrating. Sitting here for 20 minutes with screen on minimum brightness has dropped me 8%.
Has anyone had any luck with a full factory reset?
It's a desperate move, so I don't want to do that if it hasn't helped anyone else, but frankly this is unacceptable.
My battery drains at least 3x as fast as my friend's GS5 with similar usage.

bgmacklem

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
GSAM has me averaging -20%~25% per hour with just chrome browsing on min screen brightness.
Android system, OS, and Chrome are listed as my top 3 battery consumers right now.

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Let me preface by saying I switched from the iPhone 6 Plus to the Note 4(Verizon).

The battery life has been very underwhelming, especially on standby. When I had the 6+, I could leave it on a fully charged overnight and wake up with 100%, if I do the same with the Note 4 I lose 5-10%. In general, I lose 1-3% an hour in battery if I don't even use my Note 4. I tried all the suggestion in this thread to assist with battery life and it's helped a little(turning off "Always allow scanning" in WiFi has helped the most), but I find it pretty lame you would have to do so much tweaking just to improve your battery life.

The most frustrating thing is watching a 5ish minute youtube clip drains 5% in battery, that's iPhone 5 territory.

I too can corroborate this same behavior with my Note 4, so it's not just your device.

I too could leave my blackberry off charger on stand by for 12 hours and not lose even 2%

I'm living with it now but I'm not sure how people have just accepted it. Hypocritical I know

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Battery life seems fine to me:

2014-12-18%2000.38.02.png

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Previous to my Note 4, I used a Lumia 1520 (still have it). Compared to the Lumia, the Note 4's battery is garbage but compared to my old iPhone 5 or my current work phone (iphone 4s) it is excellent. And to add, my screen is on 100% brightness 100% of the time.