I've been trying to share photos of my gf's bday celebration as mms through hangouts and it's taking 15-20mins to get one photo to send...
    Anyone else having issues using Hangouts?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 01:03 AM
    Do you have WiFi calling enabled? Is hangouts set as your default messaging service?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk
    11-03-2014 06:05 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm with Verizon and they don't allow WiFi calling at this moment. Sources say they won't be making it available to their customers until mid 2015. And yes, I do have it at as my primary messaging app. The pics wouldn't send while connected to my home WiFi, my gf's house, or connected to 4G LTE. Any suggestions?

11-03-2014 02:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm with Verizon and they don't allow WiFi calling at this moment. Sources say they won't be making it available to their customers until mid 2015. And yes, I do have it at as my primary messaging app. The pics wouldn't send while connected to my home WiFi, my gf's house, or connected to 4G LTE. Any suggestions?

Not sure on that one. I was having the same issue but mine was due to WiFi calling on the Note 3. I don't use Hangouts as I use the stock messenger app, but I did test MMS on Hangouts and confirmed it working on WiFi and data for me. It may be a problem with your specific phone or the Verizon variant. I have T-Mobile. You may want to go into the application manager and clear the data and cache for the app and see if that resolves it once it is set back up. Maybe someone with a Verizon variant can try and confirm or deny if it's working for them.
    11-03-2014 02:49 PM