Automatic brightness adjustment not available?

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I noticed on my phone it does not have the brightness adjuster for when using autobrightness

145351d1414943531t-what-do-you-set-your-brightness-1414943515798.jpg

That ^ it doesn't have the ability to adjust the levels while staying in Auto. Am I the only one with this issue? Seems pretty strange, Verizon is my carrier if that makes a difference.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it's working as intended. Automatic means its taking care of all the adjustments so, if you wanted to adjust it manually, you'd have to uncheck the Auto box.

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think it's working as intended. Automatic means its taking care of all the adjustments so, if you wanted to adjust it manually, you'd have to uncheck the Auto box.

Automatic doesn't mean you can't add a bias to it, as shown in the picture above where you can give the automatic setting a brighter or dimmer bias. Mine has no such adjustment available

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon too but your brightness bar looks slightly different then mine with the bar in the middle and the number. Did I miss a setting?

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have Verizon too but your brightness bar looks slightly different then mine with the bar in the middle and the number. Did I miss a setting?
Thats my point, mine does not have that (like yours). This is what mine looks like

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-02-22-38-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-02-22-38-37.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 32

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's not a screen shot of your phone in the OP, I just looked at the pic and read the first sentence. Even though our bar doesn't have that the auto brightness still does work

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure that's not stock TouchWiz. Could be a root option, an updated ROM, or an app. Best bet is to ask/message the person who posted the original screenshot about it.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The bestbuy floor model has it..

Then it must be a relatively well hidden setting that the person who posted the picture found. Again, best bet is to directly ask that person since they've obviously turned it on, instead of hoping they'll randomly check this thread.

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Then it must be a relatively well hidden setting that the person who posted the picture found. Again, best bet is to directly ask that person since they've obviously turned it on, instead of hoping they'll randomly check this thread.

I have, but I have a sneaking suspicion its something else other then a hidden setting because I've checked just about everything.

edit: he responded and he had no clue, his phone came like that which leads me to believe its carrier based.... which makes no sense why verizon would remove something like auto brightness adjustment.

Last edited:

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
it's my screenshot from.the other thread. I wasn't sure if it's because mine is a UK model? but if bestbuy have it where you guys are maybe it's not a UK thing?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have, but I have a sneaking suspicion its something else other then a hidden setting because I've checked just about everything.

edit: he responded and he had no clue, his phone came like that which leads me to believe its carrier based.... which makes no sense why verizon would remove something like auto brightness adjustment.

actually my note 3 had it too and that was sim free.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the variant. Verizon disabled it, same on the note 3

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member