I bought a 64gb class 10 memory card for my Note4 and noticed since I put it in my phone I have like a 5 sec delay when I push the home button for my phone to light up. Does anybody know why?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 04:08 PM
    Do you have S-voice enabled?
    11-03-2014 04:16 PM
    I bought a 64gb class 10 memory card for my Note4 and noticed since I put it in my phone I have like a 5 sec delay when I push the home button for my phone to light up. Does anybody know why?

The Home button is programmed by default to use both a single click and a double click to launch different apps. If you have not disabled the double click function the phone must wait after the first click to see if you are going to make a second click. This wait is both necessary and a delay to the choice of a one click app activation.

It is very unlikely that the external SD card is causing the slow down you report unless you are actively uploading or downloading a massive file to it at the time you click the Home button if then.
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    11-03-2014 05:00 PM
    Thank you, I will disable s voice/double click and see if it works.

Posted via from my note4
    11-03-2014 10:37 PM
    One more thing, none of this started till I put the memory card in my phone, does that matter or make a difference?

Posted via from my note4
    11-03-2014 10:41 PM
    One more thing, none of this started till I put the memory card in my phone, does that matter or make a difference?

Posted via from my note4
    SD cards can cause this problem. First, remove the card and see if it goes back to normal. I would reboot, not just unmount with the phone on.

If it is quick again without the card, backup the card and then reformat it. I would suggest also formatting it in your phone. If after that, with no data on card yet, the phone is still behaving well, then it was probably a corrupt file system.

If after formatting but with no data on the card yet it slows down the phone, then you may have a hardware problem with the card or a compatibility issue.

If it behaves properly after formatting but with no data on the card, then copy your data back. After giving it time to do indexing (which can be CPU intensive when a lot of data is added to a card or a card is first inserted with data on it), if the problem re-occurs you may have a corrupt file that is causing a problem.
    jackash0912 and beh like this.
    11-04-2014 01:22 AM
    My husband had this same issue on his S5. Replaced with a new samsung SD card and the issues disappeared. My phone will sometimes stall when I try to unlock the phone and I am also wondering if it is from my SD card.
    11-04-2014 10:08 AM
    Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if a company would cause this to try to boost sales for its proprietary card.

11-04-2014 11:58 AM
    Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if a company would cause this to try to boost sales for its proprietary card.

Would you like to hear my "conspiracy theories"

The above post by JPR is excellent advice. Especially regarding formatting on the device you will use the SD card in and the point of not mounting or dismounting the card while the device is powered on.
    11-04-2014 12:23 PM
    Jpr
    I think it is a corrupted file, because I've did everything u said and what the first two people said and it's still a delay. I wonder if I reformat the memory card and did a master reset on the phone, would it make a difference?

Posted via from my note4
    11-04-2014 03:04 PM
    I am having this exact same issue. I bought the following Micro SD card "Sony 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card". Literally as soon as I put the card in my phone ran slow. The lock screen takes a second or so to light up...used to be instant. Every single app takes way longer to open.
    If I power off my phone and take the SD card out then my phone works fine. Put the SD card back in power the phone on (not a single file on the SD card BTW) and my phone immediately runs slow. Has anyone out there figured out a fix? Or why an SD card would make such a powerful phone slow down?
    11-20-2014 12:32 PM
    I would try copying all data from the card to a computer and then use the phone to format it.
    Then put the data back. See if that helps. If not, try another brand of card.
    Good Luck!
    11-21-2014 10:49 AM