Hello -

I come from being a long time iPhone user and when I played my iPhone in my car, I simply used an auxiliary cord and it played with no problem. Well, I tried plugging in my note 4 and it either played through my LG Tone Bluetooth or the phones speaker (when the bluetooth was off). Is there a particular mode I should put the phone in? I tried the car mode, but not really a fan of that and that still didn't work because it played through the phones speaker.

What am I doing wrong?
    11-03-2014 05:18 PM
    I'm sorry, are you using an AUX cable or Bluetooth streaming? I'm confused...

If it's the AUX Cable, there shouldn't be an issue. As long as the phone recognizes that it's connected to one, all audio should go through the AUX cable, not the phone's speakers. You might have a defective cable or if it's too long, one that's causing signal loss and/or impedance problems and that can cause the phone not to recognize it as an AUX or headphone connector.
    11-03-2014 05:55 PM
    I'm using the AUX Cable. The cable is a griffin cable and it worked fine with my iPhone, just yesterday.
    11-03-2014 06:38 PM
    Ensure its snug in the connector, I use mine all the time with an aux cord in my vehicle and my nightstand speaker/radio. Turn the volume up after connecting, works great.
    11-03-2014 06:45 PM
    May have been the cords brand, tried a different one and it works fine. Thanks guys for all of your help.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-03-2014 07:13 PM
    Yes, I suspect it's the cord compatibility. Try a different cord & see if it works.
    11-03-2014 07:36 PM
    Or if u have a case on might not be all the way in

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 10:10 PM
    True, some cases interfere and even some cables do, with the plastic protector around the jack. But glad you got it working with another cable
    11-04-2014 10:52 AM
    This may sound stupid, but on more than one occasion I have plugged my phones in thru the aux jack and not had any sound. I have always had to turn the sound up on the phone and the stereo.
    11-04-2014 02:15 PM
    Some phones lower the volume when you connect headphones to avoid that nasty, loud boom if you had it cranked all the way up. Depending on your cable it might be recognized as headphones and that's why you'd need to turn the volume up on the phone again.

Also, the longer the AUX cable, the more susceptible it is to signal loss and interference, so not only would you be at risk of the phone not transmitting sound, but could also lower the volume or hear 'feedback' from other sources like radio waves.
    11-04-2014 02:45 PM