11-04-2014 02:54 PM
29 12
tools
    GPS: Have stand alone GPS.
    Music: Computer.
    RetailMeornot: Computer.

That is a horrible mentality. Blow money on something just to be with the in crowd, then end up not being able to afford the phone like many of you guys.

I'm cheap with stuff I don't really need, I'll admit that, but the average person does not need this phone as the majority use it as a tablet and not a phone.
    To each their own, but this goes against most of what the modern smartphone tries to accomplish by consolidating all of these items into one convergent device.

Not many people buy standalone GPS units anymore. I have nav built into my truck but it is not near as accurate or updated as often and google maps. I have a computer, but my computer does not go with me everywhere I go nor do I go into my office at home and turn it on more than a couple times a month. Ironically, I do have a tablet, however, I have "given" it to my children for them to use as a media consumption and learning device. I always found that while sitting on my couch, laying in bed, or even on the go and doing productive like things for work I use my Note (or whatever smartphone I'm carrying at the time) over a tablet. 5"-6" is a happy medium between a smartphone and a full fledged tablet and the Note 4, any other flagship android device, and even the iPhone 6 plus tick all the boxes of a standalone gps, tablet, and in most cases a laptop although it is silly to think we can completely cast aside a full fledged computing device (right now at least). Like I said, to each their own, but I see it as wasteful spending to have each one of these devices when a modern flagship smartphone can accomplish what most single purpose electronics can while having a built in phone and decent enough camera.
    11-04-2014 12:01 PM
    I guess some folks overlooked this post so here it is again ,quoted for y'all.

Role clarification: You guys aren't sharks and this guy isn't food.

Lots of familiar faces, so here we go again....

Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.
    11-04-2014 12:22 PM
    The phone isn't too big for making calls I do it just fine.

Even though I asked myself the same question as the OP, I found there are many reasons to own a phablet over a tablet and people here already touched on them. GPS, having only one device for everything, LTE wherever you go, a stylus, fits in your pocket.. just to name a few.

The GPS can be used for walking and biking too!
    aggie and Paul Chin like this.
    11-04-2014 01:06 PM
    I guess asking you guys to calm it down won't work. Maybe next thread?
    11-04-2014 02:54 PM
29 12