So on the note 3 (ATT version) I used poweramp to connect to my car headunit and am able to control the play/pause/forward/back options on the app. I can also see the song titles and artists (I think you call this metadata?). I picked up the note 4 (ATT version again) and installed the same app, and made sure the bluetooth settings are the same as how the app was set up on the note 3, and nope, nothing. At best it plays through car speakers, but I have to control the tracks through the phone and no song data shows. Pretty sure the bluetooth version should be the same on both phones. Anybody have any guesses on what my problem is?
    11-03-2014 11:41 PM
    So on the note 3 (ATT version) I used poweramp to connect to my car headunit and am able to control the play/pause/forward/back options on the app. I can also see the song titles and artists (I think you call this metadata?). I picked up the note 4 (ATT version again) and installed the same app, and made sure the bluetooth settings are the same as how the app was set up on the note 3, and nope, nothing. At best it plays through car speakers, but I have to control the tracks through the phone and no song data shows. Pretty sure the bluetooth version should be the same on both phones. Anybody have any guesses on what my problem is?
    I have almost the same issue but I can still control my songs thru my car controls. My car will show song, track, title if I go into the main BT portion of the stereo but it doesn't display on the split default screen on my car.

Yesterday I tried using the stock music player instead of PowerAmp and voila, it worked. So stock will show the title but any 3rd party app doesnt seem to work with the display. It used to work with my S4 using PowerAmp, Pandora and Digitially Imported.
    11-04-2014 01:10 AM
    It seems that something in Bluetooth 4.1 is incompatible with older Bluetooth protocols. My phone pairs nicely with my sister in law's Buick Enclave... with metadata display and everything... while it won't display data on my 2013 Pioneer head unit.

There are several threads about that here.
    11-04-2014 09:05 AM
    Is there another thread you'd like to direct me to? I didn't notice any. Or dunno which word I should be searching for.
    11-07-2014 04:57 PM