Best way to transfer years worth of photos from iPhone.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Like the title states, I was a bit of a picture hoarder with my iphone. Had a bunch of vacations, my dog growing up, etc. It's around 35 GIGS worth with videos...4100 total. Before I did ios8 I had 7500 lmao, but a lot were junk and I cleaned it up.

I'm trying my best for the transfer to stay in chronological order like I have them now. Would it best to just buy an SD card and drag and drop, or try one of these cloud services? I'm pretty sure dragging and dropping is gonna mix them all up, but I could be wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You have lots of choices to move, store and use your images. First let me say I hope you have made a backup of all those images and videos. Having 35gb worth of memories and no backup is a recipe for disaster. If you want to simply transfer them to your phone, your only option is a SD card, otherwise you won't have sufficient storage space. Putting them on a SD card is simple and you can just drag and drop the files. The Gallery on the Note 4 will display images in a timeline fashion, so provided the images have exif data with a timestamp this should not be a problem. If you have organized them in folders, move them to the SD in folders and they will be read as Albums in the Note 4 Gallery. Another option is to load your images and videos into Google+. If you use the 2048 x 2048 option you will have unlimited storage available. In regards to videos, you have unlimited storage space available in Google+ for video as long as it does not exceed 15 minutes in length. The media you store in Google+ is available to view through the Photos app and is stored on Google servers rather than locally on your device. I take a little different approach and store all my images and video on Google Drive. They are automatically synced to Google+ so I can access them either way. I auto-backup images taken by the camera to Dropbox and later move them to Google Drive. I just use Dropbox as a failsafe backup. Getting the images off of the iPhone is easy provided you have computer access. Just backup all your files somewhere and don't rely on just keeping them on your phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would try Google Drive / Photos to migrate your photos to. An SD card could hold them but if it becomes corrupt it will be gone so not as reliable as a cloud service.

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I would certainly invest in some cloud storage. If for no other reason, it would suck for a malfunction to cause you to lose all of those photos and videos. I use Google Drive but any of them would work fine. Once those are sync'd up, getting to them from the Note 4 is a piece of cake. Just my two cents.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I actually forgot about this thread, it got lost in the shuffle. I have everything backed up on my iTunes locally, so I'm not worried about losing stuff....just want to have it with me.

I tried setting up Google drive, but for some reason it wouldn't let me select all, I literally had to click each picture individually...that's out.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Download Samsung Smart Switch and run it. It'll pull your photos from the cloud or an iPhone using wifi. Not sure how long it'll take. Could take ages.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I would put them on an SD card if you truly want to carry that many with you. I would honestly think about selecting your best 1000 though. Chances are if you need to find one in that many you won't be able to very easily with some type of organization.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia